Chairman Kaga wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:23 am I'm surprised more people aren't discussing the other unlocks.
Just checked the site. Pretty underwhelmed by the stand. Black plastic molded to look like metal bits?

Also, I know all these extras are free, but Egon's notebook is only 16 pages? Where's my in-universe tome of details?
One time, ProtonPack83 liked this
Spidon wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:42 am
Chairman Kaga wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:23 am I'm surprised more people aren't discussing the other unlocks.
Just checked the site. Pretty underwhelmed by the stand. Black plastic molded to look like metal bits?

Also, I know all these extras are free, but Egon's notebook is only 16 pages? Where's my in-universe tome of details?
Tier 3 and 4 are not very good. If I use a stand it's going to be a quality guitar stand. The notebook might be cool but no really gonna miss it if we don't get it.

I want them roaster mini-pufts... which u think will hit easy.

Over all very impressed.
The tested video is a nice compliment to things. Answers a lot of questions, shows off the features and I really appreciated that it appears the pack is being built with customization in mind. The switch that is open for us to connect anything to is great, as is the storage compartment that could house a brick battery etc. I was excited for this before, Im over the moon now!
ncc74656m, Dragonfire82877, THawke and 1 others liked this
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:01 pm Yeah... just put in for my second one >_>
Hoping for a Christmas Miracle (which won't come, lol) that would give me enough time to get in on this. ONE MORE WEEK and I could've justified it, lol. Alas, that's like at least two major deals or products I want that won't be ready. If they still offer the extras like the hose included after the pre-order, I'll definitely pick one up later.

I'd obviously rather have a fully built proper one, but can't justify the outlay of cash required for it right now, especially since I really want features (like the pop out cores for overheats from the game) that would cost a LOT and require more time and energy than I have to get really right.
ncc74656m wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:44 pm
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:01 pm Yeah... just put in for my second one >_>
Hoping for a Christmas Miracle (which won't come, lol) that would give me enough time to get in on this. ONE MORE WEEK and I could've justified it, lol. Alas, that's like at least two major deals or products I want that won't be ready. If they still offer the extras like the hose included after the pre-order, I'll definitely pick one up later.

I'd obviously rather have a fully built proper one, but can't justify the outlay of cash required for it right now, especially since I really want features (like the pop out cores for overheats from the game) that would cost a LOT and require more time and energy than I have to get really right.
Once the pre-order window closes, this will not be available anymore. Nor will any of the extra unlocks. Just FYI.
ZLevee liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote:Does anyone know if the compartment that opens up the cyclotron can be properly screwed down? If it just slides or simply clicks in place that would bother me. I'd rather it have a sturdier way to connect like a screw on each side.
looks like it twists into place, then the bumper and shock mount lock it down. There might be more locks when we eventually get it. We're still only seeing the prototype.
VenomSymbiote, Kingpin liked this
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:25 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote:Does anyone know if the compartment that opens up the cyclotron can be properly screwed down? If it just slides or simply clicks in place that would bother me. I'd rather it have a sturdier way to connect like a screw on each side.
looks like it twists into place, then the bumper and shock mount lock it down. There might be more locks when we eventually get it. We're still only seeing the prototype.
Do you mean like the shock mount screws it into place? That wouldn't be too bad.
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:31 pm
zeta otaku wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:25 pm

Do you mean like the shock mount screws it into place? That wouldn't be too bad.
That's what it looked like in the video shared earlier. When he put the shock mount back on, it screwed into place locking everything down.
VenomSymbiote, ZLevee liked this
Dragonfire82877 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:34 pm
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:31 pm

That's what it looked like in the video shared earlier. When he put the shock mount back on, it screwed into place locking everything down.
In the newly released photos you can see exactly how the bumper will attach. there are groves on each side of the main pack that the bumper slides into, and then with the screw it looks very secure.
kahuna900 liked this
JTurchetta wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:42 pm The tested video is a nice compliment to things. Answers a lot of questions, shows off the features and I really appreciated that it appears the pack is being built with customization in mind. The switch that is open for us to connect anything to is great, as is the storage compartment that could house a brick battery etc. I was excited for this before, Im over the moon now!
Reading this is torture, lol. I'm at work right now (on a break), and can't watch the video. I'm chomping at the bit to get home and check it out!
zeta otaku liked this
Hotz wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:33 pm I hope they make the green part of the hose more flexible. Looks odd if it stands out like it does now…
Looking at the picture above, I hope the green part is entirely removable. It would be nice to be able to replace it with the rebreather hose that it looks like they used for the actual movie pack.
ProtonPack83 liked this
I hope they switch from blue powercell LEDs and almost transparent cover to white LEDs and blue cover for the production model. Other than that, what a day! 30 minutes hands on by Adam Savage and one hour Hasbro team/Eric and Ben videos. Pinch me someone, this MUST be a dream. Incredible!! Bill Rawley almost repeated everything he had posted on the facebook group, which I loved. It makes me sooooooo happy this is already funded, first tier secured and going strong on the second. Bravo Ghostbusters team at Hasbro! People were stunned by the Sentinel boxes being so huge...just wait till we get the packaging for the pack.
Kingpin liked this
I'm BLASTED withe verything we got shown today, and I will order a second one for sure (Waiting to see if ther eis any Black friday deal or code out) , but I got bumped a bit with one thing. And I know its a prototype, but.. when he Turned on the Proton Pack witht he switch... I never heard the Turning on Sound. Just the RUmble that created the vibration agaisnt the stand/table. I'm sure they will have the sound, or maybe they had the knob volume at minimal... but... I was a bit thrown off by that.

With the empty space we got ont he side of the Pack, and wihtout having been able to see the interior to see how muchs pace do w ehave to add stuff..., I wonder if its possible to mount an aditional speaker to amplify the sounds, or to connect the Wand via AUX to that Additional Speaker so we cna have a really laud BLAST sound (There is a nice tutorial on youtube about modifying the wand). I would love to have the Wand sounds going thru the pack speaker by default, but I don't think it will happen... So sad because the Wand speaker is too low.

Also the wand keeps turning off after a few seconds even after being plugged to the Pack, I'm not sure if that can be changed at all.

Somehting that also bothered me since the showcase, is the re dlight sin the cyclotron. I get they used a setup with several led bulbs per circle to try to emulate that Afterlife Particle rotation... But the efect they showed doesn't look anything like that, and the Original Proton pakc lights will not work also since there was just a sourc elight, not a bunch of small bulbs.

I wonder if they will change that.

The aditional Unfunctional switch can work great for a separate circuit of lights if you want to go Videogame mode, or even for venting manual, or to tune in the GB theme!

They do see to care a lot about the fanbase

EDIT: I just thought about something, since we have the TVG modes on the Wand... do you think we will have the Cycloton lights change colors too?
dantonvfx wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:27 pm EDIT: I just thought about something, since we have the TVG modes on the Wand... do you think we will have the Cycloton lights change colors too?
Going with no, because the pack wouldn't know what mode you're in. The lines from the thrower only seem to be power and an on/off line. I don't think (unless someone can say otherwise) that there are any other data lines in this.
ncc74656m wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:33 pm
dantonvfx wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 3:27 pm EDIT: I just thought about something, since we have the TVG modes on the Wand... do you think we will have the Cycloton lights change colors too?
Going with no, because the pack wouldn't know what mode you're in. The lines from the thrower only seem to be power and an on/off line. I don't think (unless someone can say otherwise) that there are any other data lines in this.
As of right now the pack will only power the wand on/off. The designers did say earlier they are looking at trying to add more functionality between the two, however they noted that it was very difficult to do and something they are still looking into.

16 pages is 16 pages. Better than 0 further info into the GB1 - Afterlife universe.

I’d rather get this notebook than the puppets.

I think people who agree should start some form of campaign to switch those around or make the notebook available to buy some other way.

How hard could it be to print stuff?
JTurchetta wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:50 pm
ncc74656m wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 4:33 pm

As of right now the pack will only power the wand on/off.
That will be messy. The wand speaker can’t be silenced. The sounds would play through each other.. the cyclotron would seem to start up twice, one main pack cyclotron and then a mini-cyclotron in the wand?
This Post Contains Spoilers
ProtonPack83 liked this
One time wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 5:46 pm

16 pages is 16 pages. Better than 0 further info into the GB1 - Afterlife universe.

I’d rather get this notebook than the puppets.

I think people who agree should start some form of campaign to switch those around or make the notebook available to buy some other way.

How hard could it be to print stuff?
I was mostly being tongue in cheek about the notebook. And I agree, I'd rather have the notebook than the mini Pufts. I enjoy collecting props and stuff rather than figures.

Either way. I'm excited about the pack, and everything else is just extra.

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]