Ugh it's been bugging me, because I know it WILL bug me, but I want them to change that oil filter overlapping the cyclotron light thing. Any chance they will? Can anyone be communicated about this to anyone at Hasbro?
GhostFaceX wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:04 pm Ugh it's been bugging me, because I know it WILL bug me, but I want them to change that oil filter overlapping the cyclotron light thing. Any chance they will? Can anyone be communicated about this to anyone at Hasbro?
You can always send them an email.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:04 pm Ugh it's been bugging me, because I know it WILL bug me, but I want them to change that oil filter overlapping the cyclotron light thing. Any chance they will? Can anyone be communicated about this to anyone at Hasbro?
I didn't notice that detail until you pointed it out, now it bothers me as well lol.
GhostFaceX liked this
bobafett321 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:18 pm
I didn't notice that detail until you pointed it out, now it bothers me as well lol.
So, just watched the Adam Savage video with the prototype pack. I don't think it actually overlaps, just butts up to the light ring. See the 18:35 min mark in the video (right before attaching the hose) so I don't think we have anything to worry about
bobafett321 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm
bobafett321 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:18 pm

So, just watched the Adam Savage video with the prototype pack. I don't think it actually overlaps, just butts up to the light ring. See the 18:35 min mark in the video (right before attaching the hose) so I don't think we have anything to worry about
Nah it definitely overlaps

Now I'm HOPING Hasbro still reads this thread, because this is pretty bad and I really hope they fix it. If it bugs anyone else, BE VOCAL ABOUT IT, and even just say "it would bug me a lot".
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 12:15 am Now I'm HOPING Hasbro still reads this thread, because this is pretty bad
It's not that bad. And not something that would bother me if I did buy one of the HasLab packs.

Ultimately it helps make that prop visually distinct from all the others.

And just for future info, that part is called the N-Filter. :)
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 12:15 am
bobafett321 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm

Nah it definitely overlaps

Now I'm HOPING Hasbro still reads this thread, because this is pretty bad and I really hope they fix it. If it bugs anyone else, BE VOCAL ABOUT IT, and even just say "it would bug me a lot".
Maybe point it out in that Facebook “Haslab Proton Pack Modders” Group and tag Bill Rawley who I believe looks at the posts there ?
deadderek, ProtonPack83 liked this
Wasn’t the N-Filter discussed earlier in this thread? Seems like someone said the N-Filter was made like this on that particular pack to make the cyclotron easier to access. I also seem to remember that someone pointed out the screen used pack (the one used for the scan) had the N-Filter either the same or very similar.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:46 am Wasn’t the N-Filter discussed earlier in this thread? Seems like someone said the N-Filter was made like this on that particular pack to make the cyclotron easier to access. I also seem to remember that someone pointed out the screen used pack (the one used for the scan) had the N-Filter either the same or very similar.
My point was that it's going to bug me and they should definitely fix it. And it's still bugging me.

Definitely not the same in the movie used one

https://www.tested.com/culture/ghostbus ... toId=24608
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:50 am Definitely not the same in the movie used one

https://www.tested.com/culture/ghostbus ... toId=24608
It is on the opening prop:

Visible at the 1:02 mark in the reveal video:
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:50 am
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:46 am Wasn’t the N-Filter discussed earlier in this thread? Seems like someone said the N-Filter was made like this on that particular pack to make the cyclotron easier to access. I also seem to remember that someone pointed out the screen used pack (the one used for the scan) had the N-Filter either the same or very similar.
My point was that it's going to bug me and they should definitely fix it. And it's still bugging me.

If it's going to bug you that bad, I'm sure you will have several people willing to buy it off you once you get it.
zeta otaku, deadderek, metroplex and 1 others liked this
Interesting development. I'd like to see screenshots from the scene where Phoebe interacts with the Spengler pack on the bench to see if the positioning of the N-filter on the cyclotron cover is specific to that individual prop.

Edit: there were just released a bunch of behind the scenes production photos of the various packs in the Spengler's 1984 Workbench FB group - it looks like any of the packs that have a removable cyclotron cover have this N-filter position.
“SeLl It Or CaNcEL iT tHEn” you guys are so silly. It’s okay to be bugged by stuff and to be vocal about it so they fix it. I imagine some of you don’t ever complain when a restaurant gets an order wrong.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:31 am “SeLl It Or CaNcEL iT tHEn” you guys are so silly. It’s okay to be bugged by stuff and to be vocal about it so they fix it. I imagine some of you don’t ever complain when a restaurant gets an order wrong.
THEY AREN'T GOING TO FIX IT. It's not broken in the first place. It was scanned from a pack that was built this way. This isn't an '84 pack. It is the Spengler pack that was used in the movie, just as it looks. The promotional pictures of the pack hasn't changed. Same pack that was shown during the HasLab crowdfunding. They aren't going to change the N-Filter because it is "bugging" someone.
metroplex, oidoglr, SpaceBallz and 3 others liked this
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:47 am
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:31 am “SeLl It Or CaNcEL iT tHEn” you guys are so silly. It’s okay to be bugged by stuff and to be vocal about it so they fix it. I imagine some of you don’t ever complain when a restaurant gets an order wrong.
THEY AREN'T GOING TO FIX IT. It's not broken in the first place. It was scanned from a pack that was built this way. This isn't an '84 pack. It is the Spengler pack that was used in the movie, just as it looks. The promotional pictures of the pack hasn't changed. Same pack that was shown during the HasLab crowdfunding. They aren't going to change the N-Filter because it is "bugging" someone.
And why are you so hostile and unsympathetic about it?
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:31 am I imagine some of you don’t ever complain when a restaurant gets an order wrong.
The flaw with that analogy is that In the instance of the N-Filter/Cyclotron area, HasLab hasn't gotten anything wrong... They replicated a detail that's unique to that particular prop, rather than make it look the same as the others. :)
metroplex, oidoglr, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:52 am
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:31 am I imagine some of you don’t ever complain when a restaurant gets an order wrong.
The flaw with that analogy is that In the instance of the N-Filter/Cyclotron area, HasLab hasn't gotten anything wrong... They replicated a detail that's unique to that particular prop, rather than make it look the same as the others. :)
And it’s not like I knew this before I woke up. Still it’s weird they replicated this when no other pack has it and it’s not even the main pack from the rest of 99% of the movie.
Changes they should implement to the production model:

Powercell with blue lens cover and white LEDs
Blue cable running from powercell down (it's black on the prototype)
Neon cable cover for the additional cable running to the cyclotron instead of the ugly faded yellow
Keep the ribbon cable as clean as possible
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:55 am
Kingpin wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:52 am

And it’s not like I knew this before I woke up. Still it’s weird they replicated this when no other pack has it and it’s not even the main pack from the rest of 99% of the movie.
It's less weird when you realize they scanned the one pack prop that has the unique functionality of having a removable cyclotron cover to replicate that that as a play feature. It's more of a question to the film's prop designers as to why that specific design decision was made to accommodate that feature.
Last edited by oidoglr on December 21st, 2021, 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:48 am
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:47 am

I'm neither hostile nor unsympathetic about it. I knew was I was backing when I started backing it. It is getting comical though how you constantly come on here and complain about subjects such as the N-Filter or the pack not being an '84 pack.
deadderek, Welsh Pirate liked this
Dragonfire82877 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 12:34 pm
GhostFaceX wrote: December 21st, 2021, 11:48 am

I'm neither hostile nor unsympathetic about it. I knew was I was backing when I started backing it. It is getting comical though how you constantly come on here and complain about subjects such as the N-Filter or the pack not being an '84 pack.
It’s ok to ignore messages instead of being so upset about them. Just words on a screen.
This subtle "this is just a toy" remarks in the comments are a little funny, as if the homemade ones we strap on at conventions and parades are actual positron accelerators.
ProtonPack83, GhostFaceX, deadderek and 2 others liked this
If you'd like, if you click on a user's name and go to their profile page (here's mine, for instance: LINK, you should see a little button that says "Add Foe", this will tell the forum to hide a given user's posts from view.

We're all here to talk about the HasLab Pack, let's not let our enthusiasm get the better of us... It's only three days to Christmas after all. :)
Alphagaia, metroplex, deadderek and 1 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: December 21st, 2021, 6:06 pm This subtle "this is just a toy" remarks in the comments are a little funny, as if the homemade ones we strap on at conventions and parades are actual positron accelerators.
There's a difference between $3 -5,000 pack where someone spent years tracking down vintage parts. High end movie prop versus a mass produced pack.
But I feel the same way anytime somebody nitpicks Others people stuff, " we're not real Ghostbusters". Just the amount you complain should be equivalent to the amount you spend .

$3000 on the Anovos Spengler pack, let the 4 letter words fly, a $400 pack :/ ....
metroplex, deadderek liked this
ccv66 wrote: December 21st, 2021, 7:08 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: December 21st, 2021, 6:06 pm This subtle "this is just a toy" remarks in the comments are a little funny, as if the homemade ones we strap on at conventions and parades are actual positron accelerators.
There's a difference between $3 -5,000 pack where someone spent years tracking down vintage parts. High end movie prop versus a mass produced pack.
But I feel the same way anytime somebody nitpicks Others people stuff, " we're not real Ghostbusters". Just the amount you complain should be equivalent to the amount you spend .

$3000 on the Anovos Spengler pack, let the 4 letter words fly, a $400 pack :/ ....
On that topic

1) did that $3000 anovos pack ever ship? Anyone have any threads or videos about it?

2) what is the most screen accurate pack someone has ever built? Any links?
ccv66 liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]