@The Mark: Only slightly annoyed, I just got a second set to open up and I did notice that both Egon and Winston's Proton streams are lighter than they were in 1986. Still to be able to have two sets of first series action figures 30 years later is quite nice.
So last week I noticed Egon and Ray were back up on Walmart's site so I went ahead and ordered a couple more. I Placed the order June 11 and to my surprise they were delivered on my door steps just now. They're from Walmart because they're in a Walmart shipping box and I made sure when I ordered they wasn't from a third party seller.

Of course even though they were packaged better than Stay-Puft and Slimer their cards have damage with creases and As for the ones I ordered back in February it still says "Order Delayed".
I know some people might say Walmart is having problems due to everything going on in the world but I can honestly say from past experiences that Walmart online has always been like this!
By Coover5
From my count at least Stay Puft and Slimer now have 3 official listings on the Wal-mart site. The original pre-order listing, a new listing when they all got new SKUs and a third listing when they went up to $19.99. Actually saw them selling Stay Puft for $14.92 and $19.99 simultaneously.
By Mac1701
I assume they are from Walmart but I can’t say for sure because I ended up getting them off ebay. The listing said they were from Walmart. I got fed up with the whole pre-order screw up. I will seriously consider not pre-ordering anything from Walmart again. Took all the fun out of it. I was pretty pumped when I originally got my order in back when they finally went up, and they took a giant dump on that.

As for the clamshells I got those after a few google searches from a website called zoloworld for just under $6 each. They were sold out last I checked.
By Mac1701
toby88 wrote:
Mac1701 wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:16 am Installed tap talk for the first time. Here are some pics in regard to my post above. Image
Are those the Walmart ones or original? If Walmart, where did you get the clam shells?
Oops. Just re-read your post and I misunderstood your question. They are all the 2020 re-releases not the originals from the 80’s.

For some reason I thought you were asking about the differences with the cards. Apologies for my confusion!
By toby88
Mac1701 wrote: June 17th, 2020, 10:23 am
toby88 wrote:
Are those the Walmart ones or original? If Walmart, where did you get the clam shells?
Oops. Just re-read your post and I misunderstood your question. They are all the 2020 re-releases not the originals from the 80’s.

For some reason I thought you were asking about the differences with the cards. Apologies for my confusion!

No worries! I see there are 2 options for cases that fit RGB, which one did you buy? Is the fit loose or snug? Thanks for info!
Looks like Wal-mart is now shipping out the European versions of the figure too. Friend bought Slimer off Wal-mart and ended up with the Multilanguage edition with the white circle around the recommended age. So we have the first "Who You Gonna Call" runs, the 2nd runs and the Europe versions. I guess that's why there are so many listings on walmarts site.
Good Lord Wal Mart, pull it together baby. I snagged a pretty flawless set of the busters without the "who you gonna call?". Keeping them mint, kinda wish they had the "who you gonna call?" But that's Hasbro for you.
Ordered mine from Walmart 2 days ago and they just arrived in a big box with lots of bubble packing. All in excellent condition. I think Walmart might be hearing all the complaints and getting their shit together hopefully.
StayPuff22 wrote: June 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm I think Walmart might be hearing all the complaints and getting their shit together hopefully.
I think you just might be right. I woke up to an order update from Walmart about my 4 figures. It says they'll be shipping out this Tuesday 6-23. Hopefully this all goes the same for everyone else who pre-ordered. Now, I fully don't expect flawless cards to arrive. I would be gobsmacked if that were to happen at this point. My Stay Puft came all f**** up and in a bubble mailer. I would be shocked if I actually received the 4 figures at all and not some sort of lampshade repair kit or unsold Ben 10 figures or some other garbage in its place. Then have to deal with the nightmare that is Walmart customer service. I imagine they'll arrive in pieces wrapped in gift tissue paper and packing tape that's covered in some sort of mutating grease. Man, I hope I am so very wrong.
StayPuff22 wrote:Ordered mine from Walmart 2 days ago and they just arrived in a big box with lots of bubble packing. All in excellent condition. I think Walmart might be hearing all the complaints and getting their shit together hopefully.
You wouldn't believe the amount of complaints Walmart received during their last Black Friday Holiday shopping weekend on their main Facebook page. They messed up so many pre-orders by taking money out of accounts and emailing receipts only to cancel orders and refund money weeks later.

They did absolutely nothing about it and never even offered a simple public apology.
The way they handled the situation makes me believe that Walmart doesn't care about customer service and surely if they don't care about all the people rushing to buy the top selling gifts or trying to get a good deal due to their income for Christmas I guarantee you they don't care about a bunch of Ghostbusters Fans trying to get Action Figures on time and in decent shape!
Wedgeismyhero liked this
By toby88
Coover5 wrote: June 17th, 2020, 2:24 pm Looks like Wal-mart is now shipping out the European versions of the figure too. Friend bought Slimer off Wal-mart and ended up with the Multilanguage edition with the white circle around the recommended age. So we have the first "Who You Gonna Call" runs, the 2nd runs and the Europe versions. I guess that's why there are so many listings on walmarts site.
I just received the European Stay Puft. I wonder if that's the reason both Slimer and Stay Puft cost $5 more.
By toby88
StayPuff22 wrote: June 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm Ordered mine from Walmart 2 days ago and they just arrived in a big box with lots of bubble packing. All in excellent condition. I think Walmart might be hearing all the complaints and getting their shit together hopefully.
Has anyone complained to WalMart about the condition of their figs? If so, what did WaMart say?
By ccv66
My first few shipped kenners were banged up. The ones I got today were packaged nicely. I'm thinking it was on accident. Walmart doesn't care.

Edit: Just noticed the sent me an extra Ray without charging me. Maybe I'll ease up on Walmart
By Coover5
Anyone else rebuilding their Kenner collection after getting the Hasbro Kenner figures?

I couldn't afford the vintage in-box stuff and never liked how beat up the loose figures were but now I don't mind an incomplete firehouse, yellowed Ecto or near paintless Ghost figure. I guess knowing one part of my collection will be pristine takes the edge off the other items needing to be perfect.
Just got another email from Walmart. The figures that I PRE-ordered back in FEBRUARY were backordered… Then they changed the ship date to June 19… Then they pushed the date back to June 23… Now they're telling me they're backordered AGAIN!

Like, what the hell is the logic behind their system? Clearly they're not honoring orders on a first-come-first-serve basis, so what is it? Alphabetical order? Height? Weight? Astrological birth chart?… Seriously, this is worse than waiting in line at the DMV!

EDIT: Just got another email saying the ship date is June 23 again. Walmart is flip-flopping more than a presidential candidate. Guess I'll just wait and see what happens tomorrow, but this time I ain't holding my breath. :sigh:
ghoulishfright wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 3:19 pm Just got another email from Walmart. The figures that I PRE-ordered back in FEBRUARY were backordered… Then they changed the ship date to June 19… Then they pushed the date back to June 23… Now they're telling me they're backordered AGAIN!

Like, what the hell is the logic behind their system? Clearly they're not honoring orders on a first-come-first-serve basis, so what is it? Alphabetical order? Height? Weight? Astrological birth chart?… Seriously, this is worse than waiting in line at the DMV!

EDIT: Just got another email saying the ship date is June 23 again. Walmart is flip-flopping more than a presidential candidate. Guess I'll just wait and see what happens tomorrow, but this time I ain't holding my breath. :sigh:

I've been getting a lot of similar emails today in regards to my Plasma series pre-orders... Hopefully things start shipping here soon!
Coover5 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 11:12 pm Anyone else rebuilding their Kenner collection after getting the Hasbro Kenner figures?

I couldn't afford the vintage in-box stuff and never liked how beat up the loose figures were but now I don't mind an incomplete firehouse, yellowed Ecto or near paintless Ghost figure. I guess knowing one part of my collection will be pristine takes the edge off the other items needing to be perfect.
I'm now finding I also want to collect other toys I used when I'd play Ghostbusters. Lawrence Limburger was a ghost crime boss. Eye Guy haunted an eye doctor. Rat King was an ancient mummy. And Wayne Manor was a haunted castle. Funny how unrelated toys became so essential in playing GB that they became, in my mind, of equal importance as the toys from the actual line.
I actually started rebuilding my Kenner Real Ghostbusters collection about a year and a half ago. I just need the rooftop gunners seat for the Ecto 1 and the Ghost Trap that came with the Firehouse. I would like to pick up an extra Kenner Classics Slimer and Stay Puft to have loose in the near future.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]