The Roach On Twelve wrote:Face it Europe.

Your not seeing them.
It cost Mattel a fraction to make them compared to what they sold them for.

They are already on top.

Roach_12
Talk about trying to spark up the argument again.

Nice one.
Ryusui wrote:Over 24 hours later and still available.
Honestly though, with my luck it would have sold out if I didn't buy them at zero-hour like I did.
My thoughts exactly. "If it weren't for BAD luck, I'd have no luck at all!"

Meh, Matty site PKE + shipping, + tax* = about $75
Ebay PKE, no shipping, no tax = about $110
$35 wasn't too bad a price to pay for a much higher chance of getting one, I guess.

*having to pay tax was unexpected, unless Matty is based in North Carolina? That'd be sweet, means I should get mine sooner in theory! :cool:
Something I find amusing is that people are upset scalpers are selling pkes for 120 or more. Many of use said we expected the meters to be the price range of 100-150 and would have gladly paid that much. I do understand how people can be upset I just enjoy the fact that once 60 is revealed to be the official price many people say its outrageous to pay even more for them.
Coover5 wrote:Something I find amusing is that people are upset scalpers are selling pkes for 120 or more. Many of use said we expected the meters to be the price range of 100-150 and would have gladly paid that much. I do understand how people can be upset I just enjoy the fact that once 60 is revealed to be the official price many people say its outrageous to pay even more for them.
I personally don't find it amusing and have a strong disdain for scalpers.
That said, what I do find amusing is people who complain about scalpers and just feed them anyway.
Ryusui wrote: I personally don't find it amusing and have a strong disdain for scalpers.
That said, what I do find amusing is people who complain about scalpers and just feed them anyway.
i don't find the scalpers themselves amusing at all. Though I am glad they bought so many only to really have few people to sell to because so many EU memebers can use myusa.com and others can buy from memebers on this site.
ATTENTION! I spoke with 3 different representatives from Matty today trying to figure out when my PKE would be shipped and I got a different story every time. One rep even said that despite what the website said, the PKE meters were already sold out and that I wasnt getting mine. What in the hell is going on?!
Coover5 wrote: I just enjoy the fact that once 60 is revealed to be the official price many people say its outrageous to pay even more for them.
Pretty sure when I originally revealed the PKE Meter to everyone I quoted a price of $50.. so no one was really introduced to the thought of a higher price.
Know anything about what I mentioned in my above post, AJ? I was told by the first rep I spoke to that my PKE was on back order and they had no idea as to when it would ship. The second rep said that my PKE was on back order and that ment that their entire inventory was already sold out, they werent going to make anymore, and I was shit outta luck. The third rep said he didnt understand why I was told I was on back order and that they shouldnt be sold out and that they would send an email update within the next 48 hours. I just want to know what is going on now.
I never said he did. I just figured he would have better knowledge on the subject than I would. No need to be smart ass about it. Im sure every one who ordered a PKE would like to know the whole story just to make sure we dont get jerked around by Mattel.
ProtonCharger's comments aside.

The PKE is still available for purchase on MattyCollector.com

As indicated in the description of the item on MattyCollector, the PKE Meters will ship starting the week of December 12th.
AJ Quick wrote:
Coover5 wrote: I just enjoy the fact that once 60 is revealed to be the official price many people say its outrageous to pay even more for them.
Pretty sure when I originally revealed the PKE Meter to everyone I quoted a price of $50.. so no one was really introduced to the thought of a higher price.

I meant before the toy had an official price from the site.
I find it kind of funny that Mattel says that these have a shipping date of December 12th, but the 12th is on a Sunday. Unless the Post Office is now delivering mail 7 days a week, I think this is a slight misprint.

Since we are speaking of Mattel's Customer Service, I called them a week before the PKE's went on sale just to see how much shipping would be. I figured they would have at least some sort of clue since they sell stuff all the time. I just wanted a rough estimate and to make sure it wasn't going to be something ridiculous like $20 or so. Well the woman over the phone kept telling me that she had no idea, and that I would just have to wait for the meters to come out so I could add it to my cart, then I would see how much it would cost.

In closing I wasn't too impressed with their customer service. I just wanted to have some idea on the shipping cost so that I had enough in my bank account.

James
DeLoreanDMC81 wrote:I find it kind of funny that Mattel says that these have a shipping date of December 12th, but the 12th is on a Sunday. Unless the Post Office is now delivering mail 7 days a week, I think this is a slight misprint.
The week starts on a Sunday. Also the word "approximately" means give or take. So Sunday.. give or take a day or two.

DeLoreanDMC81 wrote:Since we are speaking of Mattel's Customer Service, I called them a week before the PKE's went on sale just to see how much shipping would be. I figured they would have at least some sort of clue since they sell stuff all the time. I just wanted a rough estimate and to make sure it wasn't going to be something ridiculous like $20 or so. Well the woman over the phone kept telling me that she had no idea, and that I would just have to wait for the meters to come out so I could add it to my cart, then I would see how much it would cost.

In closing I wasn't too impressed with their customer service. I just wanted to have some idea on the shipping cost so that I had enough in my bank account.
$20 to ship an item that large is NOT ridiculous. Do you ever ship items? With tax I'm sure the PKE Meters were about $15-$20.

Also I hope you guys are aware, MattyCollectors Customer Service is a call center in India (at least this is what I have gathered from people telling me about their call into CS). The people employeed there handle calls for SEVERAL businesses. If not all of Mattel's business operations. When you call in, they basically are doing their best to figure out the answer or in the very least GUESS. They may have some documentation they open up and read to try and figure it out, but they basically have very little information.

They are not going to know the exact weight of a PKE Meter, the approximate size of the box it ships in and then determine how much it costs to ship from one zip code to yours. They probably have very little understanding of US currency or how much things should cost. If you asked me. I would have guessed $10-$12 given MattyCollectors business rate with UPS.
All I was doing was making an example with the price, turns out the shipping was pretty darn good in the end! Again I just wanted to have an idea of what shipping would be, I don't have a lot of money and worked my butt off on Black Friday to save up for this.

As for where they are located, I just figured they were in California with the rest of the Mattel Corporation.

So please forgive me, I'm not trying to get anyone stirred up here.

James
Also I hope you guys are aware, MattyCollectors Customer Service is a call center in India (at least this is what I have gathered from people telling me about their call into CS).
I don't think I got an Indian call center when I called to see if I could get some insight into whether or not this would be a limited-run item.

Now, TracFone, on the other hand....AYE CARUMBA! :sigh:
I don't think it actually did sell out.

The Cyber Monday sale is now over. So they marked everything as Sold Out... what they will do with the remaining stock? I'm not sure. It will probably become available again at a later day for the remaining stock.
On Matty's website, the original news posting about the PKE sale says at the end of the article:
[quote=http://www.mattycollector.com/store/mat ... alPKEMeter]We’re holding this special sale so you, the loyal fans of this iconic film, can enjoy a day in the MattyCollector.com online store where it’s the only new product to go on sale.

P.S. Our regular sale schedule resumes on Wednesday, December 15th.[/quote]
Sounds like the December 1st sale date was a special and they'll continue sales of remaining stock on the 15th.
Ryusui wrote:Sounds like the December 1st sale date was a special and they'll continue sales of remaining stock on the 15th.
That specifically means that there was a special December sale for PKE Meters, and the regular December sale would be on Dec 15th.
Does anyone have a good sense if the rest of the GB line (along with the PKE meter) will be back on sale on the 15? I was about to buy a 12' Ray this morning but I noticed that it was "Sold Out" when last night it was still available. It's kind of weird that EVERYTHING is now listed as Sold Out when most items where available last night.

I just don't know if I should shell out an extra $30-40 to buy 12' Ray from another site.
Matty announced on Facebook (and maybe elsewhere) that the Cyber Monday dealio was going to end. The leftovers might come back again, or they might be sold at conventions. Mattel has done both before. Also, Matty commented around 7PM last night that they didn't think the PKE would last the night. The timing does seem a little convenient, though.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]