Hey guys,

I went to Spirit Halloween yesterday to get another PKE meter to mod. Long story short, I broke my modded PKE and wanted to replace the defective innards and keep my moded shell...

Surprise! Looks like they upgraded/modified the hardware!

As we can see, it now uses 3 AAA batteries, I also noticed the wire used on the arms is softer, less rigid. The arms look like they will still fit unlike the Walmart ones. The shell parts are not swapable with previous model.

I did not compared the motherboard yet. It looks the same from the back. Maybe it supports 3v and 4.5v. I'll get to it later and share my finds.
mike_waclo liked this
I for one am both surprised that its been changed because it seams like updating the insides is not a real necessity for spirit-H but Ok and two really disappointing that the shells not only haven't been visually updated but just made to not work with the wal-mart one :sigh:
DJVinx liked this
Here's a comparison of the two boards:

Looks pretty much the same except for the 4.5v input. All the other hardware is the same and swappable. I didn't want to all my shell weathering so I used my original shell and motherboard with all the new working hardware. Everything fits except for the shell.

Maybe this revision was made to correct most of the V1 problems: bad switches, unsoldered wires... The v2 with 4.5v seems to get more tork from the motor too and should have a longer battery life.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]