For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By philmorgan81
Hey am I crazy? Or does one of the guys outside of Rays Occult Book shop look like Peter? If so that is a real cool way to get the characters likeness in the game even though Bill Murray isn’t involved himself. :):):)

You can get a great view at the 1 27 mark. ;)
Looks great. I like seeing Winston as the owner/manager like the movie implies. Playing as a ghost is cool too. I think I’ll like this more than the previous game. The 2009 one.

I have the Remaster on Switch (never had the old release) but honestly I was a little disappointed. I think the difficulty relies too much on spamming you with enemies that take too much blasting.

I finished it and enjoyed the presentation but the gameplay is more frustrating than it should be imo.
Rooster Teeth’s James and Elyse Willems are the writers.
https://twitter.com/JamesWillems/status ... 4614897671
https://twitter.com/ElyseWillems/status ... 7548587010

When playing as a ghost:
-To win, need to scare civilians without drawing too much attention
-Abilities dictated by their class
--sending outspectral minions.
--Dictated by an Ectoplasm meter that recharges after possessing inanimate objects, which has the secondary function of hiding from the other human players.
--Can possess objects in the environment, and teleport across maps using rifts.
--Can slime and stun the enemy Ghostbusters team as they try to haunt each map to completion
--With the help of Tobin’s Spirit Guide, can customize your ghost
--Ghost Vision, an ability that lets it see human players and NPCs through walls.

-When playing as Ghostbusters
--Can calm the human NPCs and also use them to spot the ghost
--Can access to their typical gear — Traps, a Proton Pack, P.K.E. Meter, and more
--There is unlockable weapons and equipment will also become available to further customize your team, some that fans haven’t seen before.
--Can customize your character by race, gender
--Can cross the streams to unleash a powered-up team particle beam.
--No driving Ecto-1
--No playing as OGBs

-Spirits Unleashed supports all manners of cooperative play
--Players can play as the ghost against A.I. humans or team up with friends and take on an A.I. ghost.
--Fighting the computer lets users build up their skill in a lower-stakes setting and makes it more of a co-op
--Inexperienced players can tag ghosts, point out rifts, help civilians, or throw traps out.

-The Firehouse, the game’s hub is where players can walk around, put busted ghosts in the Containment Unit, and customize their avatar from their gear to their gender and race.

https://www.polygon.com/22989968/ghostb ... lease-date
https://www.comingsoon.net/games/featur ... mpressions

-14:00 into his video, Greg Miller said he has a voice role in the game, along with Rahul Kohli. Miller hasn't recorded yet.

-PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC (via the Epic Games Store), Xbox One, and Xbox Series X
Oh that’s good. I assumed it had a single player option anyway.

Also am I the only one that thinks Ray looks like Jim Belushi? Haha.

He doesn’t look like Dan Aykroyd at all. Hope they fix that before release.
jonogunn wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 7:16 pm I don’t have experience with 4v1 multiplayer games. Are they fun? It seems like being the ghost would be less appealing especially if you plan to jump on to play with friends.
It's fun. The "monster" in these types of games are normally well balanced. Sure, it's 4v1, but the 1 has powers and abilities that the 4 don't.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 22nd, 2022, 9:04 am I'm not entirely on board with the bright neon ghost aesthetics - they're reminiscent of the 2009 videogame and ATC. Hopefully there is a wide selection.
I imagine that's an aesthetic choice to make it easier to track the ghosts over long distance in the multiplayer environments.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 9:48 am Muncher seems like a no-brainer of an inclusion here given his videogamey “bullet spit” move.

Which is why I’m worried they won’t do it.
Muncher is a spirit local to Summerville, so I doubt we'll see him in a game set in New York for the same reason we didn't see Slimer in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

The game looks very promising, my brothers have voiced appeal at the prospect of a multiplayer Ghostbusters game... So this one should fit nicely in our collection. :)
Based on the Gamespot gameplay video a few points:

+ It looks really nice, especially the environments.
+ The central concept seems equally solid with a ton of potential.

- The particle stream effects may need some work... the proton beams don't distort enough with movement like a 'stream' and clip into the environment. But it is an alpha build. GB2009 got this aspect nailed so hopefully it looks less stiff in action.
- In a similar vein I'm not a fan of the "TETHERED" text. I think a visual indication particle effect like a small shockwave or similar could convey this without the need for obstructive / intrusive text.
- The ghost gameplay looks fun but I think they need to think of some really creative ways to scare people and manipulate the environment beyond basic physics... sort of Beetlejuice style. Easier said that done, but I think to pull in the casual crowd and to make playing as the ghost a fun time, they need to make haunting be a sandbox experience that makes it fun to scare people, as opposed to generic sort of attacks and possessions to throw off or attack the Ghostbusters.
- I'm not sure how entertaining "calming" civilians is going to be, and I wonder if they could remove that and simply re-balance how easy it is for a ghost to scare a civilian so that once they do that person is permanently lost. If they need more busy work for the Ghostbusters then some other gadget item to operate might provide more exciting gameplay opportunities than holding a key in front of an NPC and watching bar move.
- A really, really minor nitpick, but Ray's Occult's layout is off from the source material... no biggie.

Also Muncher or similar should definitely be in because this is a spin-off videogame and internal movie logic need not apply as far as I'm concerned. They already moved Ray's book store.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on March 24th, 2022, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
An asymmetrical game like this that isn't lopsided in favor of the one big bad entity seems to be doing it wrong in my opinion. It's why I didn't care at all for DbD but loved F13. Though glitches, exploits, and a bit of balance issues could mess up the flow at times Jason was overall the powerhouse and it required a lot of effort kill him. Everyone getting out alive was basically impossible. So I'm all for the spooks being tough in this.

What I do hope though is that some other modes, or even a whole other game, comes out where you're cleaning out areas of a bunch of ghosts. Think 2009 multiplayer but on a grander scale with customization. I'm more than happy we're getting what we are. I just hope it bodes well for the future so we can get a whole city to roam around in and bust heads in with friends down the line.
I am concerned about the 4v1 model. It can be a hit or miss and has the potential to drop out fast. Hopefully the team watches closely and makes frequent improvements and possibly different modes! I would have like a 4v4 model instead.

Fortnite started off as a 4 player coop adventure game and blew up with its battle royale mode.

I see a lot of potential and if this 4th mode doesn’t work out I hope they find a good pivot with other modes.

Also the walking movement of the human characters look so rigid. Needs some animation tweaking
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 3:09 pm A really, really minor nitpick, but Ray's Occult's layout is off from the source material... no biggie.
As you noted, Ray's Occult has moved into a new building, so a completely different (and larger) layout than the store in Saint Mark's Place. :)
TheManEatingToaster wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:53 pm In the trailer we see lots of pages from Tobin's Spirit Guide, I hope they release an actual book someday. Also, I wonder why they changed Ray's Occult Books.
They modified it so it could be combined with the Firehouse to become the game's central hub... Focusing all the ghost and buster gaming options, as well as weapon mods in one locations rather than having to transfer back and forth between two completely separate game locations (I bet they'll have a brief nod to the store's move, Ray remarking he decided to move shop so that he was close to the Firehouse).
VenomSymbiote wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:01 pm I just hope it bodes well for the future so we can get a whole city to roam around in and bust heads in with friends down the line.
I doubt we'll get a whole city... I see this game as being like the 2009 game and Gears of War's multiplayer modes... A selection of archetypal locations, but not a whole free-roam city... Contained stages which are easier to build, breath life into and manage.
Bison256 wrote: March 24th, 2022, 6:56 am Unless this eventually comes to steam I'm not buying it. I also worry this Game will be a microtransaction ladden mess.
Why only Steam? And do you not have access to any consoles?

No reason to believe it will be, their previous games weren't. But if the game is good, mtx can be a great way to fund additional content and retain player numbers.

Anyways, I was just thinking - given these levels have human NPC's they could totally include Sandman as a ghost and once he frightens an NPC they could be sent to sleep and conjure up dream spirits as a form of attack. There's a lot of scope for creativity with this framework and the franchise. I'm just concern the attacks are going to be generic slime attacks / bombs and conjure minion ghosts (a la the marshmallow drones from GB2009).
This looks pretty promising. I've enjoyed Predator the few times I've played it but I think this has more appeal - I always get destroyed by the Predator, so some lower stakes baddies sound fun. Plus a single player mode! Thank heavens - no waiting around for servers to connect.

There's cross franchise dlc on Predator, so my fingers are crossed for packs and uniforms from RGB, EGB and ATC in the future. A boy can dream, can't he?

Also, is it just me or does one of the customisable tips on the neutrona wands look like the tip of the old Kenner Proton Pack wand?
^^^ Agree I hope we see RGB versions of the PKE meter and tech. Would love for customisation to stretch to RGB, EGB, ATC, Kenner and original colours / uniform designs.

In terms of ghost roster so far:

Purple Teeth Ghost
Slimer
Convict Ghost? (reminiscent of ATC)
Orange ghost (reminiscent of the subway ghost from GB84)

I guess picking from the roster of ghosts across the franchise I'd like to see any of:

Muncher
Sandman
Sam Hain
Bug-Eye
Boogieman
Killawatt
Capt Jack Higgins
Sargassi
The Grundel
robbritton liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 24th, 2022, 7:26 am
Bison256 wrote: March 24th, 2022, 6:56 am Unless this eventually comes to steam I'm not buying it. I also worry this Game will be a microtransaction ladden mess.
Why only Steam? And do you not have access to any consoles?

No reason to believe it will be, their previous games weren't. But if the game is good, mtx can be a great way to fund additional content and retain player numbers.

Anyways, I was just thinking - given these levels have human NPC's they could totally include Sandman as a ghost and once he frightens an NPC they could be sent to sleep and conjure up dream spirits as a form of attack. There's a lot of scope for creativity with this framework and the franchise. I'm just concern the attacks are going to be generic slime attacks / bombs and conjure minion ghosts (a la the marshmallow drones from GB2009).
While I own a switch, I play most of my games on PC and the console I've been playing most is my NES, I recently got a everdrive for it so Ive been enjoying all the games I never had as a kid. Including new ghostbusters 2.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]