For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By Sav C
My siblings and I just finished the video game...and it was awesome! Holy--ten years! That was a lot of fun! I can't believe how great that is--best video game of all time! That was great! Now I've got to play it again! Busting makes me feel good!
By SSJmole
Sav C wrote: January 29th, 2019, 9:04 am The Wii version. :)
I have said it on here before but I actually had both versions. The one you played however was my favourite. Local Co-op really made that game a lot better. Did you also do what me and friend did ?. Day 1 the second we started , Cross the streams just to see if it did anything :lol::lol:

The PlayStation versionget a lot of praise and I can see why but the Wii one is just so fun , cartoony that's kinda like real ghostbusters , co-op , plus motion controls made it more fun. The Wii one has a special place in my heart. The others were good even ds one (PlayStation extras are great like restoration of ECTO-1 extra feature). but the Wii was everything I wanted. I also prefer the Wii exclusive ghosts too like cook (Wii) Vs fisherman

So happy someone else appreciate that version. I only see love for the xbox or ps3 versions , a lot of fans I know dismiss the Wii one. But it is sooooo good and if people own 360 or ps3 I recommend trying Wii one as the differences like level layout ect. Makes it fun to experience both
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Yep, definitely tried crossing the streams! The Wii is the only console I have--I've never tried any of the others. I think the Switch is the successor to the Wii/Wii U. I'm curious about the others, but really, really liked the Wii version. I would have gotten the Wii Ghostbusters Disc on Christmas 2009, so I suppose I'm closer to nine years than ten.

My siblings and I played for three or four hours straight last night to get to the end, and now my arm is so sore! Worth it!
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
Sav C wrote: January 29th, 2019, 1:53 pm Yep, definitely tried crossing the streams! The Wii is the only console I have--I've never tried any of the others. I think the Switch is the successor to the Wii/Wii U. I'm curious about the others, but really, really liked the Wii version. I would have gotten the Wii Ghostbusters Disc on Christmas 2009, so I suppose I'm closer to nine years than ten.

My siblings and I played for three or four hours straight last night to get to the end, and now my arm is so sore! Worth it!
Yup Wii was replaced by wiiu (it kinda bombed but I loved it) and that was replaced by the switch. I loe switch too.

Nice I had to use a hack so my Wii ran USA games and import it as UK game was delayed and Sony was publishing so they brought ps3 one first and others a year later. I wanted co-op though as ghostbusters is about team work I feel.

It's a shame you only had Wii as this https://youtu.be/EXWqwWXrQcE was a blast as was the bigger story pack from ATC. I recently played through it again but now it's far to experience as out of print (I'm not paying £80 for some figures no )

Yeah the motion controls added a lot ironically they are better than ps4svr , it's funny as move > wiimote , wiimote+ = move in how good and ps4 > Wii in power ect. Yet the kinda half assed some of the vr one (still fun but come on)

I'm glad your enjoying it though. It's really well done , I'd love a sequel/spiritual successor to Wiis on switch Based in real ghostbusters cartoon.

The colours on Wii pop and everything looks so much more fun https://youtu.be/0IdWWnCsrCo like that's fun to see both . But as I said almost 2 different games. Same story but levels , puzzles ect . All built ground up for Wii version. So obviously I can see why some prefer the other as it's more cinena accurate but Wii is better as a game I feel.

As for the arms I know that feeling. When's sonic and Mario at the Olympics dropped me and friend played all day. Then when we stopped we realised how sorevours were lol could barely move them. Lol
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
SSJmole wrote: January 29th, 2019, 2:39 pmIt's a shame you only had Wii as this https://youtu.be/EXWqwWXrQcE was a blast as was the bigger story pack from ATC. I recently played through it again but now it's far to experience as out of print (I'm not paying £80 for some figures no )

The colours on Wii pop and everything looks so much more fun https://youtu.be/0IdWWnCsrCo like that's fun to see both . But as I said almost 2 different games. Same story but levels , puzzles ect . All built ground up for Wii version. So obviously I can see why some prefer the other as it's more cinena accurate but Wii is better as a game I feel.
Oh wow, I don't think I knew that LEGO game existed! That looks really cool, too bad it's out of print.

That's interesting that they built it ground up for Wii, although it makes sense as Wii is only standard definition. I like having the Wii remote for the Neutrona Wand--I'm not sure what the Xbox/PlayStation interface is like.
By philmorgan81
You know the Ghostbusters 2009 game for the DS was pretty fun too. The DS is the only one where you control The OGBs as a squad and not a Rookie. I am glad all three of those were put out the way they were the 360 and PS3 versions are my favorite, but the Wii and DS do bring different fun to the mix. :):):)

There so needs to be a full Lego Ghostbusters game released one of these days. I bought Lego Dimensions for the GB level alone and it was totally worth it. :)
Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
mrmichaelt wrote: January 29th, 2019, 3:29 pm I play the XBox one the most. I still replay a level once in a blue moon to blow off some steam.
I still enjoyed that one even if I prefer Wii. It looks gorgeous plus I think they both had different reffrences / Easter eggs in the firehouse on both which fun. I didn't like the multiplayer mode. But the main game is great some exclusive equipment in the realistic one like Slime Tether are great too.

That's why Ghostbusters was a great game all around. Every version has unique stuff cartoony/realistic/handheld. They weren't just poor ports every version had stuff that was cool.

Realistic (Xbox/ps3/pc)
+ Looks amazing
+ Dialogue is closer to the movies as others were more family friendly (not that the other ones were rated r)
+ Ps3 one has bonuses (I believe Xbox did at one point on a bonus disc but was like first wave only)
+Battle equipment.
- online mode was not fun

Cartoony (Wii/PS2 and psp)
+ Local Co-op
+ Could choose gender
+ I prefered the boss ghosts
+ Trapping was simpler and more fun
+ Easier but in a fun way
+ Wii motion controls made it a blast
+ Looks good I like the style
- lack of some equipment

Ds
+ Driving missions
+ RPG elements to manage team
+ Instead of a nameless rookie you actually play as the actual Ghostbusters which I admit I wanted
+ The busters all have unique abilities and summer actually comedy like Peter has I that makes ghosts always attack him lol which is genius
+ Side Missions adds more to do
- graphics are a little poor
- controls are harder to master in the other versions
- as there is no rookie the story is truncated more heavily but it's still good you just know it's very abridged.

Is it sad I played all 3? :lol: alot as I loved seeing the differences and enjoying it. Not sure if anyone else did but I loved all of them. Sorry if I'm boring people by taking about the different aspects as I'm sure its been done to death as it's years old lol
Sav C, mrmichaelt liked this
By SSJmole
Sav C wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:12 pm
SSJmole wrote: January 29th, 2019, 2:39 pmIt's a shame you only had Wii as this https://youtu.be/EXWqwWXrQcE was a blast as was the bigger story pack from ATC. I recently played through it again but now it's far to experience as out of print (I'm not paying £80 for some figures no )

Oh wow, I don't think I knew that LEGO game existed! That looks really cool, too bad it's out of print.

That's interesting that they built it ground up for Wii, although it makes sense as Wii is only standard definition. I like having the Wii remote for the Neutrona Wand--I'm not sure what the Xbox/PlayStation interface is like.
There's ps3 gameplay to see https://youtu.be/CLPPpVxqwRA

The Lego dimensions was awesome unfortunately it's toys to life. So when the game stop being made all the packs they came with real LEGO bricks and stuff it had to build shot up in price. I'm lucky I had it. I will admit the ecto 1 you build in originals annoys me as it only has two wheels , ATC version actually has 4. On the flip side The originals comes with the trap which is a fun little gadget to use an upgrade. Check out online you'll see let's plays of the whole level it's pretty fun. The originals is called level pack , ATC is called story pack (year 2 had bigger) one thing I love is if you hold triangle you can change which buster you are which is fun as you only get one buster per pack
philmorgan81 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:22 pm You know the Ghostbusters 2009 game for the DS was pretty fun too. The DS is the only one where you control The OGBs as a squad and not a Rookie. I am glad all three of those were put out the way they were the 360 and PS3 versions are my favorite, but the Wii and DS do bring different fun to the mix. :):):)

There so needs to be a full Lego Ghostbusters game released one of these days. I bought Lego Dimensions for the GB level alone and it was totally worth it. :)
I could hug you. I typed that that long boring post as you typed that. But yay somone else played all 3.

And I totally agree on the LEGO game I would spend so much on a ghostbusters Lego game.

And yes dimensions kicked ass. You have batman back to the future Ghostbusters Ghostbusters remake, Simpsons and more in one game it was awesome
Sav C, philmorgan81 liked this
By mrmichaelt
I only played the XBox version, watched most of the Wii playthrough on YT, and collected a couple of the other versions on the cheap. Not as a bias or anything, I was 'retired' from playing video games. A few years later after the game came out, I weighed my options, scrounged and bought an XBox, and pulled a Michael Jordan, came out of retirement, played the game, loved it. Never played the multiplayer either.
Sav C wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:12 pmThat's interesting that they built it ground up for Wii, although it makes sense as Wii is only standard definition. I like having the Wii remote for the Neutrona Wand--I'm not sure what the Xbox/PlayStation interface is like.
I remember fans making controllers into their own Neutrona Wands, I forget which version. That was a cool idea.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on January 29th, 2019, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSJmole, Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
Yeah I admit gaming is my main hobby lol but I know what you mean , everyone's different. help my last time I was here when I was active before my hiatus I talk about buying a like a modern mega drive / genesis console and hunting down the 90s Ghostbusters getting that. Sound on the mega drive thing I got it's not perfect but I get to play the old games on my TV. (Still annoys me it has sonic 1 2 and knuckles built in but no 3 lol)
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
By philmorgan81
SSJmole wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:37 pm
Sav C wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:12 pm

There's ps3 gameplay to see https://youtu.be/CLPPpVxqwRA

The Lego dimensions was awesome unfortunately it's toys to life. So when the game stop being made all the packs they came with real LEGO bricks and stuff it had to build shot up in price. I'm lucky I had it. I will admit the ecto 1 you build in originals annoys me as it only has two wheels , ATC version actually has 4. On the flip side The originals comes with the trap which is a fun little gadget to use an upgrade. Check out online you'll see let's plays of the whole level it's pretty fun. The originals is called level pack , ATC is called story pack (year 2 had bigger) one thing I love is if you hold triangle you can change which buster you are which is fun as you only get one buster per pack
philmorgan81 wrote: January 29th, 2019, 6:22 pm You know the Ghostbusters 2009 game for the DS was pretty fun too. The DS is the only one where you control The OGBs as a squad and not a Rookie. I am glad all three of those were put out the way they were the 360 and PS3 versions are my favorite, but the Wii and DS do bring different fun to the mix. :):):)

I could hug you. I typed that that long boring post as you typed that. But yay somone else played all 3.

And I totally agree on the LEGO game I would spend so much on a ghostbusters Lego game.

And yes dimensions kicked ass. You have batman back to the future Ghostbusters Ghostbusters remake, Simpsons and more in one game it was awesome
LOL! You're telling me. :). Lego a Dimensions was such an epic crossover and for me personally the best toys to life game ever. I am biased because of the Ghostbusters stuff obviously.

I love to have Peter Venkman joyriding in the Batmobile or K.I.T.T.

I also picked up specific characters just because they were programmed to say certain things to the Ghostbusters. Of course there is also going to the other worlds and Busting their Ghosts. It is probably a crime for one game to be so much fu. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
See that's why I'm hoping with movie 3 we may get a full Lego movie playing through 1 2 3 and ATC (real and extreme can be DLC maybe even a idw level)

Or an original story would be cool like Lego marvel superheroes. Were we get lots of busters lots of old enemies ect.... In an original story
By philmorgan81
SSJmole wrote:See that's why I'm hoping with movie 3 we may get a full Lego movie playing through 1 2 3 and ATC (real and extreme can be DLC maybe even a idw level)

Or an original story would be cool like Lego marvel superheroes. Were we get lots of busters lots of old enemies ect.... In an original story
Oh I have some real high hopes for something like that happening. Especially in light of GB2020 announcement. Ghost Corps is really doing a lot to push the IP. We got new comics, toys tabletop board game crossovers, Ghostbusters World, and that is just the stuff we are aware of. All Ghost Corps has to do is look at how well the Ghostbuster extension stuff sold to see if it would be worth making a full game. We had the Ghostbusers level pack and they took it a step further with the ATC level pack. That was a longer level pack than the original. I can’t deny that the ATC level pack was really fun to play. I really would love to see a Ghostbusters LEGO game that pulls from all the different sources. RGB,EGB, ATC character can be unlocked collecting studs or something and each character has special abilities to unlock minikits and modes. I can already tell you what the core four could do. Egon can detect hidden Ghosts with his PKE, Ray can see if people are possessed or see spectral trails with the Ecto Goggles, Winston can break down strong structures and is immune to possession, and Peter can use his charm to unlock secret areas. Forgive me some of those are stupid, but Ghostbusters is one of those properties that really lends itself to a full LEGO game. There is just so much to play with. Of course that is just stuff that the Ghostbusters can do. I didn’t think what could be done with playable Ghost characters, like Gozer, Vigo, Slimer, Taxi Cab Driver, or Dream Ghost. LOL! That last one is probably pushing it, but The LEGO games are incredibly creative. There are some real possibilities here. :):):)
SSJmole liked this
By robbritton
I was just having a bash on the Wii version today, and was on the Xbox one yesterday! The main thing the wiki version has over the realistic versions is that the animated Venkmsn sells Murray’s lines better! Plus it has the great “stay behind me, try to look highly trained” line that the realistic versions miss. I love all the versions of it, honestly, although the Xbox one gets the most play round here. I just love pottering about the firehouse and the outside of the library! Little things!

Would LOVE to see an equivalent appear alongside the new movie, but I fear movie tie in games are (Lego aside) mostly on the cheap side nowadays. But yeah, GBTVG and Alien Isolation are the two film tie in games I truly consider to be legitimate extensions to their respective properties. So many good times with both.
SSJmole, Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
Yup tie ins are cheap unless it's unrelated. Like new Spider-Man or batman Arkham games were they made because of films coming out but arent actually tied the movie

If they did the Ghostbusters game and based more ideas comics or a reimagining of real or something so they didn't need to worry about continuity or anything like that and could just make a game that's good. That happens to go out the same time as a film and maybe has costumes at the new film or the enemy from the new one.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]