For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By robbritton
Likewise. I'd never claim it was close to 2009 standard, but I enjoyed using the proton stream and messing about with the Ectomobile. And it was ten thousand times more fun than the 2016 tie-in isometric shooter. Its main fault is that it is unforgivably short for the money. As I imagine it's as close as I'll ever be able to afford to get to the Firehouse, I'll take the £6 hit!
By robbritton
Looks like chapter 2 is coming after all, and maybe as soon as tomorrow! http://ghostbustersnews.com/2018/01/07/ ... ease-week/
By jakeacc
I think I might wait for a "chapter 3" to come out (if it ever does) and maybe buy all the chapters in a bundle. But, I can't support buying a game, a level at a time. (and waiting 9 months in between levels) Also do not like that this is a separate app and not just an added level to last years VR game. I'm assuming that if you own both levels, playing through the first level won't automatically load this level seamlessly? If it does, then at least you are getting a 20 minute GB VR experience. The render quality of these games are great, but it's clear that the developer doesn't really care about making an interesting VR experience. Just the bare minimum - almost like random tech demos with a Ghostbusters skin. If GhostCorps does not have interest in making a compelling VR game, why don't they license it to a game studio that is passionate about VR. You can tell there was so much love in the making of the 2009 GB game that is definitely lacking in these VR levels. Ghostbusters is one of Sony's biggest IPs. I feel like Sony would want to put the effort into their own 1st party games...give PSVR an advantage over Oculus/Vive.

This just feels like a huge missed opportunity. Imagine a VR port of the 2009 game! Or 4-player multiplayer co-op! Or actually having Ghostbuster characters in a Ghostbusters game! Or VR missions of classic Ghostbuster scenes/environments. (interacting with the librarian, capturing slimer in the hotel, fighting Gozer on top of the building, battling Vigo, etc)

The total of these two levels is about 20 minutes. The Batman Arkum VR game is also about 20 minutes. But the fun factor and game design is night and day between the two.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
By SSJmole
Parts 1 + 2 are on UK store. I rebut 1 on UK account and got 2 and I gotta say I loved part 2. VR stay puft !!!! Plus a lot more busting. Still short but it's actually really fun.

I want to try this though https://www.thevoid.com/dimensions/ghostbusters/ when I was in USA in Disney I got to try their star wars one and it's amazing , the ghosbuststers one looks fantastic. Can we have that on psvr please lol just replace walking in real world with stick movement lol
By RealGhostbusterJay
I recently went through this here in Edmonton. I had been excited and several members of our local franchise had planned to go and the venue had even invited another franchise to help promote it ( they were put in an awkward place and it didn't really connect for people who didn't know what it was for but another story ). I had done the Star Wars VOID several times and still love it. I was excited about the pre show with a certain founding GB member. The character card you chose to select your avatar was neat as sadly were not at projecting our own likeness in there yet.

The game itself I felt was a let down personally. You really don't use the proton pack and particle accelerator very long. While the two ways you do is neat it's very small in terms of how long and while I loved the setting and even being in an elevator when Slimer comes roaring through the game itself was not worth the 35.00 CDN imo. It was glitchy and honestly I wasn't keen on the ATC look of it but had the game been more involved I would have really liked it I think.

I don't think it did well because it was less then a month and the experience is now no longer showing at the VOID and it really was here only s month. Maybe they needed to fine tune it or maybe Sony told them to pull it as the new film is developed they want to make a new experience? who knows.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]