Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
By Dautrat
Warning this is not for the faint of heart…first thing you need to know is you could damage or destroy your collectible wand, second thing is human error may be the downfall (at least is was for me).

Originally I wanted to use the vent light as pu/pd for the pack and the fire button as the fire button. The wand has no markings on the circuit board so here is my cheat sheet as long as all wire colors are constant.

The 4 wires in a bundle (2 red, 2 white) the white pair is the fire button the red pair is the activate button.
On the other side there is two pairs coming out of that side which you can see better if you lift the speaker out of the way.

The red pair is the vent light, the brown pair is the pu/pd for the wand. Now here comes the human error part. I decided to do this when I was on a time crunch for Halloween, I had the spirit pack, the hasboro wand and the gbfans kit. I needed to get the kit in the pack and the wand attached, I used the power pack from the spirit pack to power the wand by finding the “4.5v” red wire and attached that to positive and the “gnd” and attached that to negative.

I striped the vent light wires and broke one of them off the board, I’m not skilled enough to put it back so I bypassed the board (by doing this no vent light, no bar and no intensify stream knob :( it ruined the whole thing for me but it was a success overall at least pu/pd on the gbfans board is working, I was going to do the fire button but I was nervous after messing up.

I took the wires and cut in the middle of them one at a time splicing another wire into it and marking each wire. And I did cheese going out the back b/c I didn’t want to drill so close to the motor now. So here’s my recommendation if you want to do this extend the wires first with cat6 wires before you spice another wire in (I used 18 b/c it was the smallest I could find to get it to the pack).

Finally was it worth it? Yes. Would I try again as soon as I could afford another wand? Also yes. Sorry for having such a long story, I hope my failure will save the next guy.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 2nd, 2021, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added paragraph breaks

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]