By Cosmic-Riptide
jessejames51 wrote:how about these???
Well, if the diamond pattern wraps around the thumbnail, as it appears to in your photo, that part isn't accurate.

That said though, those are very nice! Where did you get them?
By jessejames51
I' also a member of a Quebec gb forum, and because it's French, we tend to attract the attention of people from France. One guy from france posted these a while ago, with a link to where he got them, but they don't ship overseas, so I've been trying to figure out how try and get them here.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Silvertek
How about these? I had more expensive ones, and then found these at a discount store for 2 bucks. I said you've got to be kidding me and and picked up a few pairs. They have the diamond pattern on the palms only which is a plus, only negative is the small band of diamond texture on the inside cuff. Other than that I'm pretty impressed. They're very black, just showing up a bit yellowy in my not so great lighting.

By Cosmic-Riptide
Silvertek wrote:How about these?.
Those appear to be dish gloves, and the cuffs are too long.

They might do in a pinch just for hanging on your belt or out of a pocket (since they're cheap I personally would try shortening the cuffs on a pair just to see how they look). I'd imagine that they fit too snuggly on the hands though.
By Cosmic-Riptide
gEkX wrote:What do you guys know about linemans gloves?
Just that they're expensive.

I haven't found any lineman's yet that are a close match either. Considering the price, they'd have to be a 100% perfect match for me to even entertain buying a pair.
By onlyalad19
Cosmic-Riptide wrote:
gEkX wrote:What do you guys know about linemans gloves?
Just that they're expensive.

I haven't found any lineman's yet that are a close match either. Considering the price, they'd have to be a 100% perfect match for me to even entertain buying a pair.
I thought we already covered that earlier?
By gEkX
onlyalad19 wrote: ...
I thought we already covered that earlier?
True but I'm wondering if there are vintage ones that have the diamond grip.

Chemical gloves just don't seem to fit like the screen used ones.

They look like thicker material.

Much like the linemans.
By Silvertek
Cosmic-Riptide wrote:
Silvertek wrote:How about these?.
Those appear to be dish gloves, and the cuffs are too long.

They might do in a pinch just for hanging on your belt or out of a pocket (since they're cheap I personally would try shortening the cuffs on a pair just to see how they look). I'd imagine that they fit too snuggly on the hands though.
They're not long enough to be dish gloves, and they're labeled as chemical gloves on the package. I might try shortening them a bit, the material seems thick enough. Depends on how much time I've got. They'll just be hanging off the belt this Halloween so I'm not too worried at the moment.
By Cosmic-Riptide
onlyalad19 wrote:All this talk again about the gloves got me searching once more for them and I came across these...

They are scuba diving gloves. I thought they looked to be a close match, although I think a bit longer than what they should be, but do you guys think?.
Wrong length, finish, no texture, potentially wrong cuff style, for GB1.

Wrong length for GB2 short gloves.

Wrong finish and no texture for GB2 long gloves.

...an interesting new avenue to search in though. :cool:
By mademperor
Which glove should I use this year? The larger glove is a random glove off ebay. The smaller shiny glove is a military biochem glove.

By Cosmic-Riptide
mademperor wrote:Which glove should I use this year? The larger glove is a random glove off ebay. The smaller shiny glove is a military biochem glove.
Smaller and shinier is closer, but you should wear whichever one looks better to you.
onlyalad19 wrote:Wrong length... perhaps. Finish... okay, but it definitely has the right texture on the palm and fingers. I know it is hard to see but its there and I believe the slightly rolled cuff to be almost exact to GB1.
My mistake, that texture is extremely hard to see, even after adjusting the levels in Photoshop. Still not any closer though, the texture on those wraps around the thumb tip.
By lukes86
If you go on ebay, look up North Butyl globes. They have them with a 11" cuff length which is the right size. Make sure that you get 16 mil for that is the thickest available. It's not 100% movie accurate but its the closet it will ever get. Also Marigold Industrial Gloves make a 11 inch pair as well.
By Prydonian
lukes86 wrote:If you go on ebay, look up North Butyl globes. They have them with a 11" cuff length which is the right size. Make sure that you get 16 mil for that is the thickest available. It's not 100% movie accurate but its the closet it will ever get. Also Marigold Industrial Gloves make a 11 inch pair as well.
That's interesting... More GB1 accurate than the ones in the Shop?
By Cosmic-Riptide
I may have identified the (non-stunt version) slime blower gloves from GB II!

They appear to be "Neoprene Heat Gloves" for grilling. They have the same odd cracked texture that extends from the finger tips to the wrist, and the glossy/semi-gloss cuffs extend right up to the bottoms of the elbow pads on my uniform (like the film gloves do).

The only real hiccup is the logo on the cuffs. A couple companies seem to offer these or similar style gloves, and they all seem to have logos on them. Stripping off the logo also strips off the gloss finish of the cuff. Once the weather warms up though, I'm going experiment with covering up the logos with either a spray-on rubber or Krylon Fusion.

The palms and cuffs are the same shade of black, but the palms sometimes take on a lighter appearance depending on lighting (which I believe is what we see in the films... and you can see in my photo).

The cheapest I had found these gloves so far was through Big Poppa Smokers ($15.00). They seem to also have a more expensive version with removable liners, but I went with the cheaper pair, so I can't really say if there are any other differences between the two.
By Lewis Tully
The GB 2 finale gloves were custom made with a casual style leather glove for the hand, attached to a rubber cuff/ gauntlet.
By Cosmic-Riptide
Lewis Tully wrote:The GB 2 finale gloves were custom made with a casual style leather glove for the hand, attached to a rubber cuff/ gauntlet.
Those are the stunt gloves, created for the repelling scene. They're easily identifiable by the thick seams that run down the corners of the fingers and less-so by the one around the wrist separating the two materials (most notable close-ups during this scene are any shot where Peter is holding Oscar, and when Egon is taking readings before Vigo materializes).

They are based on the stock gloves that the Ghostbusters are wearing during the sliming of the Statue of Liberty (these are the gloves that I'm trying to identify), which have no seams and a noticeable texture covering the entire hand (most notable close-ups during this scene are the shots of the slime blowers firing for the first time, and the close-up of the NES Advantage).
By AMC78
you can remove the logos with makeup remover or eucalyptus oil on a q tip
By djsparky
I am resurrecting this thread, because its been about 5 years since it was last updated, anyone have any new leads for accurate GB1 gloves?
By Fienen
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I'll give this topic a bump after a couple years. I'm hunting for some good gloves to match the uniform I'm putting together, and I found these - https://www.amazon.com/PPE-Chemical-Res ... _1_60_sspa. I'm not sure how accurate they are yet (I haven't ordered them just yet). At a glance, obviously the printing needs to come off, and I don't think they're quite shiny enough. The wrist texturing is wrong for sure. But the palm texture looks close-ish, as does the rest of the shape and length.

By RealGhostbusterJay
Having the texture on the inside is always a bonus as the current gloves I have from the GB shop I just turned inside out to hide the writing on them but there's still not a lot of grip there. The spirit gloves do fit tighter and do fit shorter but don't have the movement ability I find that the shop ones do.
By South Suburbs GBFan
Lucky flea-market find--will post pictures as soon as I find a decent free image-hosting site.

A pair of medium-sized chemical gloves reading "PIONEER--STANZOIL--ACID-PROOF." Stanzoil...or STANTZ-oil??? Lucky for $2.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]