Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By The Ghost Doctor
jackdoud wrote:
The Ghost Doctor wrote:Really? I mean I looked at it just three days ago again...it said first draft on it. Besides I was only commenting on some little things people were mentioning anyway...mainly the hotel thing
The first edition of the script had them wearing space suits and traveling through time. If you've somehow found a copy of that script everyone here would love to see it. :whatever: There are pics and video from the cut scenes here on the site.
Hu...interesting, maybe the copy I found then was the first draft of what we now know as Ghostbusters..w/e its stupid to argue over something silly.. :whatever:
By AlexC
Probably already mentioned, but there's a mistake in the first trapping scene.

When Venkman throws the second, before Slimer is trapped, you can just catch that the stream actually comes down from Slimer TO his thrower. Wonder if any of the other streams have been inverted this way.
By dKiD Clue
all the leg hose errors are funny , truly makes me believe they had no idea the uniforms would become so damn popular
By Kingpin
AlexC wrote:Probably already mentioned, but there's a mistake in the first trapping scene.

When Venkman throws the second, before Slimer is trapped, you can just catch that the stream actually comes down from Slimer TO his thrower. Wonder if any of the other streams have been inverted this way.
I remember reading something that said that the streams starting away from the barrel and then connecting with it was to do with the Proton Guns pulling the molecules from the objects they "burned", or something to that effect.

I don't know how I've managed to watch Ghostbusters so many times and only just noticed Egon holding the video camera in the library basement as Ray photographs Eleanore Twitty.
By AlexC
jackdoud wrote:
AlexC wrote:In EVERY scene?
The blue electron stream comes out of the thrower, the orange proton stream pulls back to the thrower.
I've watched the movie a few times every year since 1988 and I never noticed that.

Then wouldn't the beam be purely blue when they fire it at something and it doesn't connect?
By Nicholszz
Was watching my new Blu ray.
And noticed this.
I circled it in red. Its an arm. It kinda moves up and down? As if its signaling Bill Murrary to get up and go.
That's gonna annoy me whenever I watch the movie now.
But I had to share the annoyance.

By loyalGHOSTBUSTER
Venkman's suit used in GHOSTBUSTERS II is also used in the 1st GHOSTBUSTERS in the clip as Ray sells his house "You're Never Gonna Regret This Ray :blush: "............i could be wrong :whatever: but it looks like the same suit.
By jackdoud
loyalGHOSTBUSTER wrote:Venkman's suit used in GHOSTBUSTERS II is also used in the 1st GHOSTBUSTERS in the clip as Ray sells his house "You're Never Gonna Regret This Ray :blush: "............i could be wrong :whatever: but it looks like the same suit.
All 3 of them wear mostly the same suits. Ray's wearing the same tie in GB2.
By parksdesign
Casey Kasem refers to them as the “boys in gray” during his radio segment in the montage.

Just to throw some gas on the color of the suits debate...

(I know they are Khaki)
By AlexC
Not something I missed, but a detail that kinda bugs me.

The scene with the Stiff is actually intercut into the middle of the entire Winston/Peck introduction.

For pacing purposes it works really well, but still kind feels jumoy to me.
By Fuzzymath
The Roach On Twelve wrote:
Gb213 wrote:I just realized about 10 years ago
You don't say. . .
I lawled just now when I read this before...
By Cyland Props
jackdoud wrote:
AlexC wrote:In EVERY scene?
The blue electron stream comes out of the thrower, the orange proton stream pulls back to the thrower.
The consept was to have the throwers act as fishing poles and draw the protons from the enviroment, that would allow them to hold and pull in a ghost. Originally they were to use the cranks on the side of the gun to draw them in but as you can see they are real hard to grip with gloves on so that was kind of abanddoned.
By d_osborn
Cyland Props wrote:The consept was to have the throwers act as fishing poles and draw the protons from the enviroment, that would allow them to hold and pull in a ghost. Originally they were to use the cranks on the side of the gun to draw them in but as you can see they are real hard to grip with gloves on so that was kind of abanddoned.
interesting! i haven't heard about the cranks before. if you don't mind me asking, where did you get that info?

i know that it was john bruno's idea to use "gun-like" throwers that pulled energy toward the gun instead of from it. before that, the GBs used wrist-mounted wands. they carried several on the belt for different situations.
By d_osborn
The Ghost Doctor wrote:
jackdoud wrote:@The Ghost Doctor

That's all pretty well known and definitly NOT from the first edition of the script.

Really? I mean I looked at it just three days ago again...it said first draft on it. Besides I was only commenting on some little things people were mentioning anyway...mainly the hotel thing
for some reason, there are a lot of copies of the third draft (8/83) of the GB script that is labelled FIRST DRAFT. i'm not really sure why. aykroyd's solo first draft script is dated 1/83.
By Dreamstalker
My 8/83 copy says "first draft"; I took that to mean the first shooting draft (haven't done a full comparison, but it seems to be the same as in Making Ghostbusters).
By d_osborn
Dreamstalker wrote:My 8/83 copy says "first draft"; I took that to mean the first shooting draft (haven't done a full comparison, but it seems to be the same as in Making Ghostbusters).
the shooting script, which is in MAKING GB, is dated 10/7/83. it's the 4th draft.
By AlexC
I may be wrong but aside from the scene shown during the credits, Janine does not interact with any of the GBs on screen during the movie proper.

As funny as the Janine/Louis scene is (and it's not really THAT funny) Annie Potts was criminally underused in the movie.
By AlexC
And one more thing I noticed. I'm sure the heads in the subway scene in GB II were pilfered from some FX store room. I swear that one of them is the vastly aged Donovan from The Last Crusade.
By jackdoud
AlexC wrote:I may be wrong but aside from the scene shown during the credits, Janine does not interact with any of the GBs on screen during the movie proper.
Except for the "any calls" scene, hiring winston scene, "I've quit better jobs" scene, both Peck firehouse scenes...
By Fritz
jackdoud wrote:
AlexC wrote:I may be wrong but aside from the scene shown during the credits, Janine does not interact with any of the GBs on screen during the movie proper.
Except for the "any calls" scene, hiring winston scene, "I've quit better jobs" scene, both Peck firehouse scenes...
I think he means in GB2.
By njukgb
jackdoud wrote:
The entire conversation with Egon-fixing-the-computer scene.
By AlexC
yep. i meant in the second film . posted in the wrong movie section. i'm not inobservant enough to miss every one of janine's scenes in the first movie(:
By Henners
when they are being handed ducks in the montage in the first movie, they're wearing those tiny little chinese hats.

and also later in the movie, I forget WHEN exactly, but one of the buildings has a super imposed painted advertisement for Stay Puff with Mr Stay Puff on it.
By JoshK
I just noticed that when "The Gatekeeper" and "The Keymaster" first meet, the matte is missing. There is just a black "cut out" stretching from the mid-to-upper left side to top right corner of the screen.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]