Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
When the Ghostbusters were trying to cross the streams to close the door between our world and Gozer's realm, why did Gozer sort of let it happen? The two terror dogs just sat there as the Ghostbusters started crossing the streams and there was more than plenty of time for the terror dogs to stop them. Also, Stay-Puft just sort of stares at them as they are starting to cross the streams with a :O face.

On a totally unrelated topic, I wonder if Gozer was embarrassed at the Stay-Puft form that was chosen for him. I bet he was expecting some big giant scary looking monster to be chosen but nope an adorable mascot of a food product was chosen instead! OK so you might be scared of a giant Stay-Puft at first if you saw him but that would quickly go away after you realize how adorable and silly he looks (at least for me)!
Alphagaia wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:44 am Gozer also opted to throw them to the edge of the roof instead of over.

The answer is simple: it's a comedie movie and the good guys needed to win.
Gozer took it way too easy on them. When Gozer threw them to edge of the roof with her lightning zaps I'm surprised the zaps didn't kill them outright.
I imagine Gozer didn't take them seriously because it didn't view the guys as a legitimate threat.

In it's eons of existence, Gozer has probably encountered countless challengers to its arrival, each of which it'd dispatched without issue before... And so had become blasé, underestimating the danger the guys posed. Once Gozer was in its destructor form it realised how much of a threat the Ghostbusters were, but was too shocked in the end to stop them.
deadderek, SockableClaw, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
UEF wrote: January 12th, 2022, 3:16 am
SockableClaw wrote: January 10th, 2022, 11:56 pm Also, Stay-Puft just sort of stares at them as they are starting to cross the streams with a :O face.
The animation in that sequence irks me. Too juddery. The same when the Terror Dog crosses the road.
Unfortunately, in 1984 many special effects were made in the same way as Harryhausen, modeling clay and stop motion superimposed on the real image.

Anyway I think it was one of the charms of the film, that's why in afterlife little CGI has been used (although for my taste a lot) so that they do not go from what happened in the 2016 film that the abuse of CGI can do that the movie goes very crazy.
SockableClaw wrote: January 10th, 2022, 11:56 pm Also, Stay-Puft just sort of stares at them as they are starting to cross the streams with a :O face.
The animation in that sequence irks me. Too juddery. The same when the Terror Dog crosses the road.
Hahaha, yeah. There's actually a lot of special FX mistakes in that entire Stay-Puft sequence. I'm honestly surprised they didn't fix them digitally by now. I don't mean a Star Wars SE type of over-altering. I mean just fixing the tiny mistakes. The Indiana Jones movies had their special FX mistakes fixed digitally and you can't even really tell unless someone pointed them out to you. I really think they should do the same for GB 1. Still a fantastic movie though no matter what.
SockableClaw wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:21 pm

Hahaha, yeah. There's actually a lot of special FX mistakes in that entire Stay-Puft sequence. I'm honestly surprised they didn't fix them digitally by now. I don't mean a Star Wars SE type of over-altering. I mean just fixing the tiny mistakes. The Indiana Jones movies had their special FX mistakes fixed digitally and you can't even really tell unless someone pointed them out to you. I really think they should do the same for GB 1. Still a fantastic movie though no matter what.
Same. A bit of frame interpolation would fix a few sins in that movie. But then I suppose people would hate on it. People sort of want the 'warts and all, but in 4K'
SockableClaw liked this
SockableClaw wrote: January 12th, 2022, 11:21 pm

According to the documentary Ivan Reitman was taking unfinished fx shots and plonking them into the movie, i'd imagine the street level shot with Stay Pufts leg and the juddering buildings was one of them. No real reason why that couldn't have been fixed.
SockableClaw liked this
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]