Hmmmm. It makes sense on how 1 of them can be hooked up to that device. But to get both microphones to act simultaneously in exact opposite directions I think the circular bases would need to be toothed like gears.

Found this video, demonstrates exactly what I would need.

Put the microphone moving wire through that actuator, and the Potentiometer will regulate the speed down to a more movie accurate speed. Might be a more simplified design than Cylands gearing one. However that's only if I can install it without getting in the way of other necessary equipment.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I imagine potentiometers can be had most anywhere, like Radioshack or Digikey. As for the micro linear servo. I know hobby shops that cater to RC planes and helicopters have most any type of servo that the prop community will need.

Depending on what you put in Google will it might come up with different results. Like originally I was looking up "linear actuator" instead of "linear servo" and smallest at the time I saw was 20mm throw. Then used "Servo" and I find this 1.5G one with only 7.4mm throw.

http://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-1-5-Gram ... B001U3MHS4

Bleached out image doesn't show the moving portion, but I think that's designed just like the one from the youtube vid I posted. And only $20.

*edit*
Trying to find a spec sheet. Want to know what it's operating and max voltages are. Not sure if a simple 9V will work or if it needs a full 12V or what.
Hopefully a good design can be brought about for the community. I'd hate to see a bunch of these casts fabricated and not finished to their potential because some might not be electronically brave. I am by no means an expert in electronics but I know enough to get started and hopefully keep digging until I come up with something that is easy and effective.
For anyone with my old kit and are looking for a dome I found a site today while looking for another projects that sells the correct size for the outer dome. http://www.kitkraft.biz/product.php?pro ... at=&page=3
-Todd
jackdoud, Kingpin liked this
WOW! I want one. that would be such an awesome prop to add to my stuff.
Todd, daniel silvia here ive been talking to you on facebook. i couldnt recover my account here, so i had to make a new one. i was curious if i could organize a group buy, would u be willing to make new molds and run a cast of gigameter molds?
AZspidey wrote:I do have plans to remold, I just need to find time. These molds are not easy simple molds to make. I promise you I will remold.
-Todd
i am gonna check in here weekly as i dont EVER want to miss this re mold

you guys dont know how key this prop is to my heart!
Mxlplx wrote:I bought the old molds from AZspidey, if I can figure out how to post in the FOR Sale section, I might do a small run.
At the moment your account doesn't meet two of the three requirements to sell items, that'd be why you haven't been able to post a topic yet.

To do so, you'll need to have another 29 posts, and you'll need a Supporting Membership - which can either be earned by editing the GBFans wiki, or can be purchased here.
Thanks for the help!
Kingpin wrote:
Mxlplx wrote:I bought the old molds from AZspidey, if I can figure out how to post in the FOR Sale section, I might do a small run.
At the moment your account doesn't meet two of the three requirements to sell items, that'd be why you haven't been able to post a topic yet.

To do so, you'll need to have another 29 posts, and you'll need a Supporting Membership - which can either be earned by editing the GBFans wiki, or can be purchased here.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]