Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
Too bad that this guy is a scammer, because I just found those kits on ebay and they looked epic in the youtube video he put under the auction. But I do have a rule of not buying from people who take the money and send nothing in return!
So, thank you for this feedback thread!
AJ Quick liked this
Shawn found out my replacement cable going bad and contacted me. He's informed me that he has recognized that a recent batch of the cables were bad. He said that he is having new extension cables made with a thicker gauge and has offered me another free replacement when in hand. I guess I will see if he is true to his word as I will take him up on that offer.
If that happens, that's great for you. Hopefully he would then replace everyone elses' cable that was sold from this "batch" (which I believe was all of them). What I wonder though is how many more fixes, patches and repairs are these things going to require down the line?

There were so many additional parts required just to make them work right in the first place.. such as ground loop isolators, amplifier, external voltage regulator, additional wires soldered to the boards, more cables if you wanted it mounted in the location everyone thought it would be from the beginning... and a lack of features originally sold, such as the lack of any way to re-program it. No Ghost Trap kits, no Predator kits... etc.

Just seems like a waste to have to keep throwing stuff at it, or having to keep opening up your pack / wand to do the repairs.
AMC78 liked this
My feedback: As someone who has installed a Crix kit, gbfans kit and the Mighty. DO NOT BUY A MIGHTY. It is the most convoluted way to add lights and sound to your pack. I regret ever suggesting it for my friends pack and I am still fixing problems with it. If I had the extra money I would just by him a gbfans kit and move on with my life.

It's nice that Shawn will respond quickly to emails, it's good that he replaces party's that are faulty.

But unlike other kits this one is not ready for prime time. It has bad karma associated with it and by the time you buy the parts to make it work it is more expensive than other kits.
wm6929, AJ Quick, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
910dohead wrote:Shawn found out my replacement cable going bad and contacted me. He's informed me that he has recognized that a recent batch of the cables were bad. He said that he is having new extension cables made with a thicker gauge and has offered me another free replacement when in hand. I guess I will see if he is true to his word as I will take him up on that offer.
How long did it take for you to get a reply? I sent an email a week ago asking that my cable be replaced and I haven't heard anything yet.
lannyjack wrote:
910dohead wrote:Shawn found out my replacement cable going bad and contacted me. He's informed me that he has recognized that a recent batch of the cables were bad. He said that he is having new extension cables made with a thicker gauge and has offered me another free replacement when in hand. I guess I will see if he is true to his word as I will take him up on that offer.
How long did it take for you to get a reply? I sent an email a week ago asking that my cable be replaced and I haven't heard anything yet.
He got back to me later that night, but it took him a few days originally when I inquired.
More first-hand experience of the Mighty:
Giant Slor wrote:Got all my electronics in the mail over the past few days. I did a test hook-up with the Mighty light/sound kit, and, for the most part, it worked! I had to reverse the polarity of a few of the LED hookups; it seems the wiring wasn't 100% correct. And I still can't get the strobe light to work properly. Right now, it stays permanently lit, then flashes when activated. I've gotta have it hooked up incorrectly somehow.

Tomorrow, I'm going to pick up a few more wires and a master switch, and probably rewire the blue brick battery to remove the LED and switch. Pics will be forthcoming.
Link
Interesting that he is trying to make it look like it is my fault. Because it is an item that I sell that was modified... even though you didn't buy the item from me.

You could have just as easily had a problem with a 9V battery snap you bought form Radio Shack.. and yet it would be: AJ sells those, his fault. Nice try Shawn.
Mr Swift is now playing like he doesn't know how to read a forum considering because apparently Kingpin had responded to me.

The two statements by both of us are not related but Mr Swift refuses to acknowledge that this is the case.

Considering his lack of transparency, im insulted and disappointed and other four letter words I used in reference.

Stay tuned.
I made my own statement to Mr Swift and I stand by it. My statement has nothing to do with GBFANS but because of accusations made against me and equipment I didn't even own.

I make no apologies nor do I represent this site in my views.
Ive recieved an apology from him and while I dont condone his behaviour towards myself, Kingpin or any member of this site or any other; I am done with the issue of this guy. I apologize for my constant updates on his feedback thread but felt it unnecessary to create a new thread when in reality his ethical behaviour was the basis of this issue for me.
zeta otaku liked this
Just a message to let me know I'm still waiting for a finished PKE meter from mr. Swift. I have sent him a GuntahKela shell and paud $400 for the finishing of the PKE shell in march 2012.

Mr. Swift promised to send me a Proton Pack electronics kit as compensation for the wait. Didn't receive anything until now. I got a message from him today that he is not able to finish the PKE's since it's too cold, and that he is out of Proton Pack kits. Curious if I will ever get the PKE and kit. I promised me he would have more news in a couple of weeks. I keep you guys updated.
zeta otaku liked this
TomVDJ wrote:Just a message to let me know I'm still waiting for a finished PKE meter from mr. Swift. I have sent him a GuntahKela shell and paud $400 for the finishing of the PKE shell in march 2012.

Mr. Swift promised to send me a Proton Pack electronics kit as compensation for the wait. Didn't receive anything until now. I got a message from him today that he is not able to finish the PKE's since it's too cold, and that he is out of Proton Pack kits. Curious if I will ever get the PKE and kit. I promised me he would have more news in a couple of weeks. I keep you guys updated.
That's a relatively quick turnaround for what I was told by Swift when it came to cowbybill's PKE Meter. Cowbybill ordered a PKE in October of 2010 for $500. Swift refunded him $250 in September of 2013 and gave him a mighty kit a little before that. Swift told me last month it wouldn't be until September 2014 that the rest of the refund would be issued to cowbybill.
AJ Quick liked this
TomVDJ wrote:Just a message to let me know I'm still waiting for a finished PKE meter from mr. Swift. I have sent him a GuntahKela shell and paud $400 for the finishing of the PKE shell in march 2012.

I'm very sorry to hear that. It isn't exactly surprising though.

I would ask for your kit back in the very least.
Reputation impacts further business. He shouldn't be allowed to conduct said future business due to unfulfilled orders.

It's like a Ponzi scheme he runs.
AMC78 liked this
TomVDJ wrote:I give Shawn a little more time, and if he doesn't deliver a finished PKE and a Proton Pack electronics kit, as he promised, I take further action, including ruining his reputation on eBay and the RPF (to start with).
No offense. But it isn't likely you'll be able to ruin his reputation further.

You've already given him 4 years to deliver your PKE, and he's had a year to deliver a pack kit to you. Why give him any more time?

I'd ask for your refund and your GK kit back. If he chooses to send you a MIGHTY as well, that's fine but I wouldn't expect that to actually happen at this point.

A year from now, he'll likely offer you something else to tide you over while he buys more time. You can't keep giving him extra time.
Shawn Swift just refunded me the complete amount I paid him, and promised me to send my shell back and the proton pack kit he promised. If these arrive, I'll let it know too.

Shawn also asked me let you guys know this info:
- Ernest Reid received his PKE last August.
- Kevin James has been repaid half of what I owe him.
- There is no Kickstarter backer I owe money to by the name of wm6929 nor any backer from Amarillo Texas; the location listed for that user on gbfans.
- There are only 3 out of 8 people who backed the Predator kit that have not yet been repaid; not 5-6 as stated.
- I was only having problems with my PC for one week, and it never impacted shipments. No packages were ever claimed to have been lost in the mail.
Nice to see some people have been paid back, it shouldn't have happened in the first place though.

Its too bad some of us had to resort to arbitration to get our money back.

That being said. Do not allow him to speak through you. The information he provided is great, we can update the list... but lets not be confused by the fact that the list posted in Oct 2013 is somehow inaccurate just because he's paid a few people off since then. The Predator backers for example was an accurate number, he can't make it seem like it wasn't because he refunded a few people since then.
I don't claim that what he said is correct, off course. He just asked me to share this info. Since he showed a bit of good will to me by starting with a complete refund, I thought it was not an unreasonable request of him to post that info here. I hope my last post in this thread will be to mention that I got my shell back and the proton pack kit.
momeraths24 liked this
I should also mention that I received my NZ $6400 from the kickstarter project via a credit card reversal earlier this year.

I would have much loved to have gotten the money from Shawn himself but it was very clear that might not happen for a very long time or perhaps never...I'm not sure. Either which way everyone knows I had had enough and wanted my money back.

Going through the credit card process was a pain in the arse and one I really wish I hadn't had to do, I certainly didn't have the time for it but had to fit it in regardless.
I asked Shawn to just return my shell to me and forget about the proton pack kit. Didn't want to give him another excuse to not return my shell. I got a shipment notification that my shell is on it's way. If I receive it and it's complete, than this case is over and out for me and I will only do business with Shawn again if he is able to deliver within a monht. If not, refund through paypal will be claimed.

Unfortunately, Shawn is not the only prop-maker who still owns me stuff. More and more prop-makers ask for money before they can deliver, and more and more of them take unreasonable timeframes to finish their props. I don't like that evolution. I'm really thinking on not getting into whatever run again, if the finished product can't be delivered within the timeframe I can open a dispute in PayPal (45 days) to reclaim my money...
TomVDJ wrote:I asked Shawn to just return my shell to me and forget about the proton pack kit. Didn't want to give him another excuse to not return my shell. I got a shipment notification that my shell is on it's way. If I receive it and it's complete, than this case is over and out for me and I will only do business with Shawn again if he is able to deliver within a monht. If not, refund through paypal will be claimed.

Unfortunately, Shawn is not the only prop-maker who still owns me stuff. More and more prop-makers ask for money before they can deliver, and more and more of them take unreasonable timeframes to finish their props. I don't like that evolution. I'm really thinking on not getting into whatever run again, if the finished product can't be delivered within the timeframe I can open a dispute in PayPal (45 days) to reclaim my money...
As a point of clarification, Tom is referring to a PKE Meter shell that he'd sent to Shawn so that Shawn could install a PKE electronics kit into.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]