Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
Your money. I've used one of these kits and they are a pain in the ass to begin with. Then take the risk of installing a refurb. Not for me. I always pay extra if a new part is available over a refurb. Car parts, etc.
Azevedo liked this
JoeLuna33 wrote:You're money. I've used one of these kits and they are a pain in the ass to begin with. Then take the risk of installing a refurb. Not for me. I always pay extra if a new part is available over a refurb. Car parts, etc.
I've heard both sides to the mighty controller argument and I've done my research, bottom line is, if Shawn had gone in the other direction with if, and not have dragged his product and himself through the mud, his product would probably be the best in its field. I have inquired into several people whom have this product installed, and of all of them only a couple were experiencing technical issues, and they were the less technically savvy ones. Anyways I'm not a trouble maker, nor a Shawn Swift collaborator, just a Ghostbusters fan man.

My current pack build: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=38945
It is kind of interesting that it sounds like the kit he is sending you was lannyjack's kit. I sure hope lannyjack either got his money back or a new kit.. because he was having trouble getting it from Shawn in the first place.
Azevedo, lannyjack liked this
Azevedo wrote:Apparently Swift has also had enough time to make more custom orders and not refund old ones.

Oh hey, a screen cap from my personal Facebook page showing up here of all places...wow, fancy that. Since it appears there is some curiosity, I will say a few things.

The Mighty Kit that I purchased was from the original run well over a year and a half ago and before I even knew there was any controversy over his kits to begin with. This was not a custom order or newly acquired kit; Shawn simply had the foresight to design his kit with ability to update the software and expand its functionality, end-user tuning, and overall performance. The video I posted was just a small demo of what the kit is capable of and there is lot more unseen that has not even been tapped into yet. I've put this kit through its paces through multiple parades, conventions, Halloweens, etc and found it to be very reliable and with very little technical faults after all this time. I will say that his extension cable was flawed and my father and I decided to make our own that was more durable. I've had the opportunity to work with a variety of GB light/sound kits that have been made available, but I had to give credit where I felt it was due. Simply put, no other kit available has the ability to do what the Mighty can. My experience with Shawn Swift is that he is somewhat slow to respond to messages and shipping of items often gets delayed for various reason, but I can personally attest that he has always sent to me what I purchased and that he has always offered outstanding technical support for his products when asked. A while back, I did inquire about his past dealings and poor reputation here and he provided me his side of what all transpired. I do not agree with some of his choices and told him so. I do remember that he said it has always been his intention to make right with those he still owed and was actively working to accomplish that. Take that for what you will. This is a feedback thread and having dealt with Shawn, I am entitled to my opinion even if it is not the popular one to have.
jackdoud, FossilizedArt, Hoot and 2 others liked this
Got my mighty kit in the mail from Shawn Swift today, oh what an excited experience it was to play with it and learn its cool features, cyclotron lights that change 4 different colors, emulating the different upgrade weapons added to the pack in the video game, with full sound effects to go with it. easy to operate, and it was easy to set up. In fact, he actually had it all plugged in for me, so all i had to do is connect the positive and negative power leads coming from the 5v transformer to my battery. It truly was a good turn out, and quick shipping to Canada. I would recommend this system for anybodys pack! Pictures will follow.

Sephiroth liked this
That's funny, because when it comes to you and your comments concerning Shawn Swift...it's the same song and dance. You've made your same opinion clear several times now and are on the verge of personally attacking anyone that has a different opinion or experience than you. You are clearly stalking his personal Facebook page as you did mine and I'm going to politely ask you to stop being such a creeper. Please quit saying what you've already said before and speak only of your personal transactional experiences with Shawn...that is what this thread is for if I'm not mistaken.
AJ Quick liked this
Sephiroth,

While I agree that there should be no witch hunt as far as what individuals decide to purchase the MIGHTY, the screen cap Azevedo just posted is from a public group where Shawn is trying to drum up interest in another kit. That's perfectly fine to post because it shows that Shawn is trying to get more money, despite STILL having people owed money going back 3-4 years now.

It is highly relevant to this topic, while the previous post with a screenshot of your personal Facebook page is not.
Gareee, AMC78 liked this
Met the guy in person today... he at least is a pretty cool guy in person... this whole business ordeal is unfortunate... not taking sides, but I understand where everybody is coming from...
momeraths24, Sephiroth liked this
idfraser wrote:I am currently waiting for a kit from Shawn Swift, I pre-ordered a Proton Pack Kit 2.0 from his website on January 7th, I paid $268.26 CAD for it. He originally gave me a date of mid March for my first delivery date, but after exchanging a few emails back and forth with him, he now promises to ship a different, refurbished kit that he assures me he will indeed test to assure its full functionality, the new date is to ship by next week. I told him I didn't care so much about the video came emulation, I am mainly interested in GB1 and GBII emulation. He explained that he had a complete kit that someone wired the voltage backwards on and blew the chip, and he was able to replace the chip himself, but just had to order the chip. He sent me the tracking link to the package that he ordered containing the replacement chip yesterday. The chip should arrive this Friday, and he should be shipping the kit to me by early next week. I will keep you all apprised of my dealings with Shawn. To be honest I'm not sure what's going to happen, but I hope for the best and I am sorry to those that Shawn has burnt.
That was my kit that Shawn had for a year, promising to send me a replacement or a refurbished board. After tiring of the promises, I asked for the money back around October or November 2014 and much to my complete surprise, I received refund of $150 on January 31st 2015. I knew he was looking for a buyer, but I assumed he was selling it for $150 just to pay me back.

You paid $60 more - I would make sure that's for extra parts or bells or whistles. It if were me buying the refurbished board, I would ask for the difference back.

I have the strobe light, the switches, vibration motor, the recommended speakers, the recommended amp, and possibly a working battery. If you need any of these, you can have them for free - I just ask that you cover shipping. I'm more than happy with my GB Fans kit, and I have no use for the mighty parts.
AJ Quick, Kingpin, Gareee and 1 others liked this
Shawn has delivered me my kit now, and it works like a hot damn! It only took me about an evening to master this kit and learn how it works and goes together. It is an awesome kit, simple, and has a lot of features. Shawn was also very good at helping me set it up, he responded quickly to my emails, and made a lot of very helpful suggestions for the other parts i needed to finish my pack. I would recommend Shawn's Mighty Controller hands down.

Sephiroth liked this
Funny how he always stated he replies to messages but if I don't email, he conveniently doesn't update any news. Why? Because he is a dishonest con.

It's been 5 years and no PKE and over a year of hearing nothing from the guy. There are much better sellers out there to get your GB gear from, all are on this site.
Azevedo liked this
AMC78 wrote:Funny how he always stated he replies to messages but if I don't email, he conveniently doesn't update any news. Why? Because he is a dishonest con.

It's been 5 years and no PKE and over a year of hearing nothing from the guy. There are much better sellers out there to get your GB gear from, all are on this site.
You guy's are completely right, I apologize for my thoughtless comments, I realize now that it was a good product but it is a pariah in the GB community, I'm sorry to those that were burnt by Shawn. I have decided to buy a second kit from a reputable builder in the GB community Heavy Props, and that is for my second pack build.
Well, I should have read this before putting my money out.

Bought the Rabid Prototypes kit for my first ever pack build, scraped together the money to do it (figured go big or go home, and I liked the options on the kit that no one else seemed to offer).

Got the kit, assembled the kit out of pack to make sure everything worked.

Worked great!

Put the kit in partially (temporarily with tape etc to test it in the pack)

Worked great!

Getting SUPER excited to be a Ghostbuster ON HALLOWEEN with my kiddos . . . being a big kid.

Finished the pack, installed the kit.

WORKED GREAT!!

Plugged in to charge the battery (bought the charging collar and switch)

Tested the pack before charging.

WORKED GREAT!!

Took the pack to work to show off to other folks looking to begin their pack building adventure (after raving about how COOL it was to have a pack that lit up and had sounds, and played music and vented . . .)

Flipped the switch . . .

*insert sad trombone*

opened up the pack and ran direct from the battery

*insert sad trombone*

The pack is dead . . .

No response from Rabid . . . doubt I will get a refund, or replacement . . . it's only been a couple weeks of use . . .

I'm beyond heartbroken . . .

Should have read this first . . . hopes would not have been so high, and would not have spent the money . . . or rather, would have spent it elsewhere. :walterpeck:
Still waiting for a pke from 2011. Given up on the liar. He should be named and shamed across the entire global prop community. Re the pack kits try the gbfans ones, I have that setup in my Nickatron pack, works great, is reliable and there's help on hand if you need any.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]