Hello, you could add a pedal to either trap.... As stated in the above post, the walmart/rubie traps already have a pedal with hardware that is easily taken out and reused for a real pedal like in the movies/cartoons. I just finished my trap and it works great. Also the walmart/rubie trap doors are a little more secure (less movement) than the spirit traps, imo. I would recommend painting it and getting upgrade parts for your trap. Either make the parts yourself, get them from people on this site, and/or from the gb fan store. Oh there are tutorials on YouTube and plenty of information on this site on how to do all of this. Check out:
viewtopic.php?t=46484

By joezlo
So, my intention is to keep it wireless (Ala Holtzman), using the pushbutton on the trap already, by attaching a mini push-pull solenoid to the existing mech & add a fake antenna to the back.

Make a pedal (ala RGB) that sends the rf signal to the trap to activate the electromagnet and open the doors.

I haven't decided if the pedal should wrap around the leg Holtzman style, attach to the utility belt, or attach to pack strap yet.

Of course, this is still all theoretical as I have yet to find a reasonable wireless transmitter and receiver of price and size.
If you figure something out, I'd be super excited to see it. I've had a trap sitting in my closet for like 4 years waiting to be customized and I'd like to add a pedal to it, and just getting a walmart trap is a bit cost prohibitive these days and they go for STUPID money on ebay.
By joezlo
Got the mech over xmas. I replaced the on/off switch with a bat lever double pull double throw to leave the existing sfx and light alone, but will also turn on the wireless mech at the same time.

So now I have to play with the solenoid to work the manual hinges for the trap doors.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]