By Darth_Egon
Just venting some frustration here guys as I was four mins late on accepting an offer for a matty trap on eBay a couple days ago. After signing petitions on line for Mattel to rerelease the matty trap and having doubts that that will ever happen, do you guys think we will see hasbro release a trap to go with the Spengler wand?
By Kingpin
It'd be nice to see Hasbro release a higher-end Trap for those who wish to get one who missed out on the Matty run, but I wouldn't hold my breath... Just on the off-chance it isn't part of their merchandising plan.
By Merrimon
Totally agree - that'd be awesome if they released something like that. Of course, if there's ever a time they will do it it'd be now. I mean, just the fact there's stuff still being made and on the shelves from a 1984 franchise is pretty amazing. I think there's definitely an opportunity to make some pretty high quality traps and equipment and now is probably the most likely time to get them!

Let's cross our streams...I mean fingers!
By ecto88mph
I think the odds that Hasbro releases a ghost trap and pretty good. The fact that they produced what is essentially a matty thrower 2.0 and from what I can tell, it sold very well means I think we could see more things like it.

It's possible that we might see an "afterlife" trap, maybe even an RTV.

Honestly, I think we are not going to see any more toy announcements about ghostbusters until we get closer to the film's release. I think they know there is a demand for the property but are waiting to ride the hype wave pre and post-release.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Agreed it's highly possible these items were planned or made already and with the film being planned for last year had that happened we might all have new wands, traps and PKE's but sadly the wands were not sent to any retail outlets, I'm hoping that changes and isn't gonna be an online only thing if they do make other props. With the film pushed back the toyswere too, I'm sure they'll make reference of something on toyfair this year even if it's virtual again
RedSpecial liked this
By Nighty80
+1 hoping for a Trap!
As others have said, fingers crossed they've been planned all along, but the announcement simply delayed.
Even if not part of the original merch plan, given the wand came out in Sept last year (in other words, now a year before the film is released), and seems to have sold very well, maybe they'll want something else to actually coincide with the film. Just speculating, but they might have had the time...

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]