For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
Glad I found your post. I just found out about it and can't wait - I'd LOVE to meet Ernie Hudson!

I have almost zero experience with cons. If I bought a 1-day pass (say for Saturday), can I realistically expect to meet him? Does he generally do signings/photos all day long? Is it usually OK to bring an item from home to be signed? Does he take pics with those who meet him?

So many questions :-)
Toolride liked this
Ghostbusters, Virginia will be there with a booth and a 21-foot tall Stay Puft Marshmallow man... Stop on by our booth and say hello!

As for your question, you should be able to meet him, even if you have a one-day pass... Keep tuned into the TWCC Facebook page, and they should release the schedule of his photo ops and signings...

As for items, he will sign most anything, and he'll even ask you what you want him to write, but there is a price tag assigned to the item you are getting signed (some items are more expensive to get signed that others, last I met him, photos and books were like $10, but a prop or Proton Pack would be like $30)...
Toolride liked this
darthsmozers wrote:Glad I found your post. I just found out about it and can't wait - I'd LOVE to meet Ernie Hudson!

I have almost zero experience with cons. If I bought a 1-day pass (say for Saturday), can I realistically expect to meet him? Does he generally do signings/photos all day long? Is it usually OK to bring an item from home to be signed? Does he take pics with those who meet him?

So many questions :-)
I was going to get a weekend pass as well... but I think I'm going to opt for the daily pass. I haven't been to the TWCC before and I'm **cough** cheap **cough cough** :sigh:
The only type of schedule I've been able to find is the Celebrity Photo Op Pre-sale tickets. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tidewater- ... 4517721164 where you get a professional photo with the celebrity you buy tickets for. The photo-op tickets for Ernie are $32.64. That also does NOT get you into the event. Just a pro photo with him.

If I see a schedule post up I'll be sure to share it here.
Go to the Community Page for TWCC (https://www.facebook.com/tidewatercomicon/) and send them a message...
Has anyone ever met him at a signing before? Is 1 item to be signed appropriate? Would a family photo with him be out of the question? We're bringing our 2 and 4 year olds and would love for them to remember this opportunity...

As for what to sign, does he usually have a printed photo available? If not, I was thinking either my GB DVD, the Visual Guide hardcover book, a page of the 4 guys from the 2016 calendar, a replica license plate, OR my kenner proton pack. Thoughts?
I met Ernie just a couple weeks ago and can tell you he's a laid back guy. :) I brought my pack and vintage album and he signed both without complaint and then took a photo with me and my wife. He loves seeing Ghostbusters (or at least acted like it ;)). My wait was pretty short but there wasn't much of an actual line, it was more of a group where whoever stepped up was next.
Naw, he really does love GhostHeads, he always goes out of his way to cater to them more compared to the typical fans coming to get his autograph... Dan Aykroyd is the same...

Also, as a heads up...

https://www.facebook.com/Ghostbusters.V ... 428508154/
Toolride liked this
TK5759 wrote:I met Ernie just a couple weeks ago and can tell you he's a laid back guy. :) I brought my pack and vintage album and he signed both without complaint and then took a photo with me and my wife. He loves seeing Ghostbusters (or at least acted like it ;)). My wait was pretty short but there wasn't much of an actual line, it was more of a group where whoever stepped up was next.
But you had to pay for the signings, yes? and the photo? Nothing was "free with the price of admission", so to speak?
How did it go for everyone else? Here's my summary as I posted in another thread:

Well, we met him! We got to the con before it opened - it was a rainy morning so most of the crowd showed up an hour or so later. When the doors opened, we went right to his table. He had not arrived yet, so I spent a moment looking at the 8x10's to choose from. I chatted with his son Ernie Jr. for a few mins. He then showed up. I stood back to allow them all time to get set up, but they encouraged me to approach him. I felt like he was inadvertently rushed/not ready yet, but he was gracious in his conversation, even if a little distracted. He autographed the 8x10 ($40) and took a photo with my family and I ($10 add on price). He was then distracted by someone at the table asking him some logistical questions. I waited a moment then offered a handshake and a thank you for his time. He thanked us, said "beautiful family", and that was that. Happy to have met him, glad my kids will grow up having his autograph and our photo, a little disappointed that I was first in line and thus the meeting felt a bit distracted, but overall worth the trip.

(I don't know how to attach an image - if I can figure it out I'll post pics)
Did you meet up with my franchise? I was unfortunately not there, so I missed the entire weekend...
I can say I enjoyed the TWCC. This was my first Comicon experience so I really didn't know what to expect. When I pulled onto 19th Street and saw all the cosplayers and people.... I knew I was in for a good time. Almost instantly after getting out of my Jeep before I even pulled out my home-made proton pack, I had kids in the parking lot screaming "WHOA... LOOK A GHOSTBUSTER!" People in the line were taking pics and asking about my pack build. The only real kicker for Saturday was getting there and standing in line for about 45 minutes just waiting to get my phone scanned so I could actually go into the hall. I enjoyed walking around, taking pics, and just enjoying the event. I did have to do a little shopping around but found the Ecto-1 Vinyl Pop Ernie Hudson combo that I really wanted. I purchased that but when I saw the price just to get it signed I was like "nah..." my cheapness kicked in hard. lol. I did get to sit in for the Ernie Hudson QnA which was excellent. I even got invited to a Halloween Comicon later this year as a guest!

Sunday, I wasn't really expecting to go back but I got a phone call from a co-worker who was going with his little cousins and I figured "I don't have anything else going on... so why not?" I jumped into my suit and went back up. It was much less crowded on Sunday. I scored a couple of no-ghost decals for my Jeep and some art to hang on the wall. But... one event made my day and entire weekend.

I was getting ready to head out for the day and I got stopped by a family asking for some pictures. I took the pictures with the two kids who thanked me before they walked off. Another family walked up with about 5 or 6 kids and wanted pictures. I knelt down and when I did I felt a tug on my arm. I looked down and a little boy, maybe 4 or 5 years old, was latched on my arm hugging me. His mom was so happy to see him so excited. Before I got up he hugged me and gave me a high five before running off. I stood back up and he ran back up to me and hugged my arm again. That... made my whole weekend.
Wedding was great, haven't seen a lot of my family up there since last year's St Patty's Day Parade in Boston...

I'm glad you were able to stop by the booth, that was probably the first time in 3 years that our group was almost 100% present! Unfortunately, the big 21-foot Stay Puft didn't make it due to some miscommunication with the Fire Marshall...

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]