For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By goldenhawk
Do the Ghostbusters Franchises do birthday parties... anymore?

Jokes aside. The Northern VA GBs just got a request to show up at a 5 year old's birthday party. Theme is Ghostbusters, of course. I don't know if GB VA has shown up at birthday parties before. I really don't want to start a precedent by having some GBs do this event.
SPJ liked this
By pyhasanon
I don't see why it would be a problem... Whenever I chalked up an idea to Dan AKA before, he always mentioned that if we want to do it and have a means to do it, why not?

When is it? If you need support, just let me know, and I'll see if I'm available...
SPJ liked this
By pyhasanon
So, one of my students came to me and asked if I owned a bright green Mustang with the license plate "SLIMER"... I don't, but apparently there's one cruising around the NOVA area... Anybody know this car?
By pyhasanon
That's awesome! Well, closest one I can think of at the moment is Tidewater Comicon...

Where in Virginia are you?
By pyhasanon
Colonial Beach/Dahlgren/Fredericksburg area... I'm like 3 hours away from you, but I make it up there often whenever there is an event... Most of the other members are up where you're at...

https://www.facebook.com/Ghostbusters.Virginia.757
By goldenhawk
Heads up. The Alamo Drafthouse in Ashburn, Virginia is holding their Ghostbusters Qoute-A-Thon on Sunday, September 20, 2015 at 6:30 pm. Here's the link:

http://drafthouse.com/movies/ghostbuste ... n_virginia

They note that there will be no subtitles on the screen and they will be handing out cheat sheets. Now what self-respecting GB would need a cheat sheet for this?
Hijacker liked this
By pyhasanon
You gonna be there Neil? Geared up?

...that's a 2-hour drive for me on a Sunday evening... might be a pass for me...
By goldenhawk
pyhasanon wrote:You gonna be there Neil? Geared up?

...that's a 2-hour drive for me on a Sunday evening... might be a pass for me...
Right now, that is my intention. I will have to call Alamo to find out if they want GBs to show up in full gear.

As for the Quote-A-Thon, Stephen can easily win that.
By pyhasanon
Alright, keep me updated, and I'll let you know, sounds like fun... I'll let my guys know, too, but it's a 4-hour drive for the 757 guys... closest one to you is Bart/Hijacker, he only has an hour distance from there...

Ugh... the more I read about the experience, the more I really want to go... Seems like such a unique experience, would be a shame to miss it...
By goldenhawk
Phil, Ghostbusters Quote-A-Thon is a go. The manager, Aaron, wants the Ghosbusters there for photo ops. The invitation extends to Stay Puft.

I will need to know how many Ghostbusters are showing up. Aaron will be setting up a table in the theater for us and our props.

Also, the reason they chose September 20.....it is Bill Murray's birthday.
By pyhasanon
Oh, nice! I will find out who's available, and George already voiced interest in bringing Stay Puft... I think it'll only be myself, Bart and George, it's just too far for everybody else, but I'll clarify... we still have a month to prep, should be good... thanks!
By pyhasanon
Do you think Stay Puft can fit in the theater, or will we need to have it outdoors? Not sure what the venue looks like..
By goldenhawk
Stay Puft can be set up inside, in the 25 foot tall lobby.

I will have to email the GBs that are up here about the event. But the Quote-A-Thon has been posted on the NoVa GB Facebook page.
By goldenhawk
Due to our scheduled appearance, the Ghostbusters Quote-A-Thon is now called the Ghostbusters Movie Event. The Quote-A-Thon is part of what is going on. The movie theater will be decorated in marshmallows and slime. They are passing out glow sticks for proton guns. Tickets are now on sale. Here's the new information:
http://drafthouse.com/movies/ghostbuste ... n_virginia
By goldenhawk
Alamo Drafthouse presents the smell of Ghostbusters:
By pyhasanon
Those were so cool, I made sure to snag an unscratched one! Good fun today, man! That was great!
By pyhasanon
Happy Birthday, Bill Murray, from the members of Ghostbusters, Virginia, the Northern Virginia Ghostbusters and our Maryland Ghostbuster friends, alongside our hosts from the Alamo Drafthouse DC Area! My apologies for the terrible angle, but I had to set this up in a jiffy... by the time we were all up in the front, I couldn't go back to check the angle...

Also, I just noticed my trap was about to fall off, and that didn't happen until like 15 minutes later... LOL! That thing hung on for deal life!

Enjoy!

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]