For users in: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, & West Virginia.
By Venkman2000
I'm in Chesapeake, but I am military and have very limited free time. My current command is very arduous. But I'm working on my first pack and full costume with help from all the awesome people on this site. I'd love to join a club, but I can't commit to any travel. I stand duty every three days (That's being stuck at work overnight) so my time available is very limited.
By vbvabuster
Venkman2000 wrote:I'm in Chesapeake, but I am military and have very limited free time. My current command is very arduous. But I'm working on my first pack and full costume with help from all the awesome people on this site. I'd love to join a club, but I can't commit to any travel. I stand duty every three days (That's being stuck at work overnight) so my time available is very limited.
Hello there, A good percent of us in the GB:VA franchise are located in Chesapeake and VB. Join our Facebook page, Ghostbusters Virginia. We have an event coming up next week and can help you with building up your gear.

Sent from my DROID2 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By BlkMesaHero
Zuuly wrote:Hello. Working on costumes out here in Manassas.
What do you know, I'm in Manassas too. Shoot me a PM and we'll link up sometime.
Wow this is great to find so many Va GB fans on here. I'm from the Fairfax area and then my family moved to Sterling. Because I'm also active duty in the Marine Corps, I'm currently stationed in California. But I'll be moving back next year to Va for a few months and then moving overseas to Japan. I'm hoping I can possibly start a franchise over there because I don't think there is one present in that country yet. Hmmmm :cool:
By goldenhawk
CosplayFan84 wrote:Wow this is great to find so many Va GB fans on here. I'm from the Fairfax area and then my family moved to Sterling. Because I'm also active duty in the Marine Corps, I'm currently stationed in California. But I'll be moving back next year to Va for a few months and then moving overseas to Japan. I'm hoping I can possibly start a franchise over there because I don't think there is one present in that country yet. Hmmmm :cool:
Shoot me a PM when you come back to Sterling VA. I live in Herndon. There's a couple of us near or in the Sterling/Herndon area.
By goldenhawk
majspence wrote:Hey, new to the forum and to pretty much everything else.....I'm in Winchester, VA!
You might want to PM Sebastian Arms. He's been "running" the Shenandoah Branch of the GBs in your area.
hey bud am from winchester va myself and am a good friend to arms myself but hey goldenhawk i wanted to talk to you about the apple blossom festival this coming year and i talked to arms about it but am not sure if he wants to do it or not havn't got a chance to ride out to his house and discuss it i know last year he was interested but plans fell short of happing this year thou i would like for us to get a spot in the parade i think it would be a fun event for all of us if everyone is down for that let me know i ll talk to sebastian arms but am not sure what his plans for apple blossom this coming year is on another note i know you guys do the air and scare thing at the museum let me know the date u guys will be there i want to come this year and meet everyone last year i had to work on that day and wasn't able to come but this year ill be there. also to the new guy from winchester my names mike and since you from my neck of the woods i thought i would say hi and if you want maybe we can meet up and ride down to dulles to meet everyone else this year at the museum ill send ya a friend request
By goldenhawk
Patrick Michael Clowser Jr wrote:hey bud am from winchester va myself and am a good friend to arms myself but hey goldenhawk i wanted to talk to you about the apple blossom festival this coming year and i talked to arms about it but am not sure if he wants to do it or not havn't got a chance to ride out to his house and discuss it i know last year he was interested but plans fell short of happing this year thou i would like for us to get a spot in the parade i think it would be a fun event for all of us if everyone is down for that let me know i ll talk to sebastian arms but am not sure what his plans for apple blossom this coming year is on another note i know you guys do the air and scare thing at the museum let me know the date u guys will be there i want to come this year and meet everyone last year i had to work on that day and wasn't able to come but this year ill be there. also to the new guy from winchester my names mike and since you from my neck of the woods i thought i would say hi and if you want maybe we can meet up and ride down to dulles to meet everyone else this year at the museum ill send ya a friend request
Air and Scare 2012 will be on the Saturday before Halloween, October 27, from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm. We'll be there early to set up around 12:00 noon.

When is the Apple Blossom Parade?
By majspence
Hey thought id throw a message out on the thread. Ive been in contact with some of you through Pms. I would def love to go to the air and scare. I think ill plan on being there around 12 or 1 but I'm unsure at this point if I can stay til 8. It'll be nice to meet face to face. I think apple blossom would be a neat idea. I generally avoid it though and rarely get off work for it but we have awhile til then.
By majspence
Also I rarely get online so please don't take it personally if I'm slow to respond. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person my age who doesn't get online on a regular basis or have a smart phone or facebook or twitter haha. This is also like the only forum ive used. Again thanks for being welcoming and friendly and hope to see some of you in October if not sooner
By duke009
Hey all, i am currently in Ct, but by the end of the year i will be moving down to VA with my fiancee. We are currently looking into the Fredericksburg or Stafford area. I would love to get involved with you guys once i am down there.

Hope to hear from you all soon!
By Crazy1van
duke009 wrote:Hey all, i am currently in Ct, but by the end of the year i will be moving down to VA with my fiancee. We are currently looking into the Fredericksburg or Stafford area. I would love to get involved with you guys once i am down there.

I met a few VA GBs at this years Patty's Day parade in Boston, but they didn't have a franchise in Virginia (and I'm not sure which parts of VA they're from). Pretty sure the Richmond and DC areas have enough cons that you should meet any other GBs in your area if you attend in full gear.

Good luck!
By goldenhawk
Crazy1van wrote:
duke009 wrote:Hey all, i am currently in Ct, but by the end of the year i will be moving down to VA with my fiancee. We are currently looking into the Fredericksburg or Stafford area. I would love to get involved with you guys once i am down there.

I met a few VA GBs at this years Patty's Day parade in Boston, but they didn't have a franchise in Virginia (and I'm not sure which parts of VA they're from). Pretty sure the Richmond and DC areas have enough cons that you should meet any other GBs in your area if you attend in full gear.

Good luck!
There is a franchise in VA. It is called Ghostbusters Virginia and they are based in Richmond. They handle most or all of the events in VA.

I help coordinate events for the GBs that are located near the DC Metro Area. Our big event is the annual Halloween event at the Dulles Air and Space Museum called Air and Scare. The Baltimore GBs do this vent too. You should join us this year.

Beyond that, we may do a couple of haunted houses too. My son and I may show up in full GB gear at a Con every now and then.
By duke009
goldenhawk wrote:
There is a franchise in VA. It is called Ghostbusters Virginia and they are based in Richmond. They handle most or all of the events in VA.

I help coordinate events for the GBs that are located near the DC Metro Area. Our big event is the annual Halloween event at the Dulles Air and Space Museum called Air and Scare. The Baltimore GBs do this vent too. You should join us this year.

Beyond that, we may do a couple of haunted houses too. My son and I may show up in full GB gear at a Con every now and then.
Yeah, i am a fan of theirs on facebook, once i get down there i plan on being a little more vocal about it but since i am still in CT for the moment, cant really do much at this time. I will be near the DC area once we move down there, so will keep everyone posted.
By lucky12
On June 7th @ The Iguana in Norfolk, they are doing a GB themed night. They will be showing both movies and have bands playing and such.

I happen to know a person who is in one of the bands and she knows my GB love, that's how and why I'm posting this here. I told her I would put a feeler out with the local GB community (anyone who is reading this) to see if they might attend in gear. I also spoke with someone running/coordinating the event....TheLocal... They said they also spoke with someone from the VaGB community.

I personally have never been to the Iguana. I'm not sure of the layout or how they are going to be showing the movies and such. I'm in jersey, so I'm not positive if I will make it down. I will try though. Hopefully I will see some of you all there.
By Venkman2000
Hey to all my fellow VA Ghostbusters from Bahrain! Man it's hot out here! I've seen some of the action on facebook since I left and I'm missing it! I did bring my flight suit and accessories to Bahrain for special occasions, but couldn't bring any props (Customs-Meh). I hope you guys are having fun! I'll keep in touch when I can! Take care!
By Musclor
Hey guys, I'm in Winchester as well. Been working on a costume, didnt get it quite done by Halloween, but maybe next year. Nice to see other people on here that dont live that far away.
By SPJ
Miller wrote:just relocated to Culpeper,Virginia

Hey cool, thats my hometown. Havent been back since 2004, I am in the Army.

On another note I found a cool firehouse for you all in Shockoe Bottom - Richmond. I have a thread for all the interesting buildings I find that may serve a franchise well.

Oh and Miller there is more than a few interesting old ghost stories around Culpeper, to include the old medical arts building behind the new theater across from the post office.
By Dan AKA
So that there is no confusion, GBVA was started in the Hampton Roads area, and also started the Facebook page and created the Virginia Seal No-Ghost logo. Having personally created the logo it has come to my attention that another franchise has tried using the logo I created for GBVA, which is not so cool. Because Richmond is so close to us a number of years ago the Richmond guys and our team decided to fly under the one GBVA banner, becoming GBVA: District 757 and GBVA Richmond Division respectively, both branches operate from the same Facebook, and both can be contacted there. Happy busting!
By goldenhawk
Dan AKA wrote:So that there is no confusion, GBVA was started in the Hampton Roads area, and also started the Facebook page and created the Virginia Seal No-Ghost logo. Having personally created the logo it has come to my attention that another franchise has tried using the logo I created for GBVA, which is not so cool. Because Richmond is so close to us a number of years ago the Richmond guys and our team decided to fly under the one GBVA banner, becoming GBVA: District 757 and GBVA Richmond Division respectively, both branches operate from the same Facebook, and both can be contacted there. Happy busting!
Dan, would it be possible to combine all the VA franchises into one? Sort of like a statewide operation like Garrison Tyrannus of the 501st. Or is that not geographically possible.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]