By jimmyjokerz
Hi guys

So I got my Haslab proton pack and I have questions regarding the clip on the wand that attaches to the pack. I find this petty cumbersome, I was under the impression the original ones used use to have a magnet to attach it to the pack - is this true?

Have people taken off these clips and replaced them with magnets? If so which kind

Thanks
gamera1968 liked this
By RedSpecial
They used a similar, although far better designed and constructed version of the clip (V-hook) that's on the Phoebe packs which hasbro replicated.

Replicas of the original style are available in the GBfans shop as well as from various vendors .
Far more robust and better functioning Phoebe pack versions are currently also in development

Last edited by RedSpecial on February 5th, 2023, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
By gamera1968
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

jimmyjokerz wrote: February 5th, 2023, 9:53 am Hi guys

So I got my Haslab proton pack and I have questions regarding the clip on the wand that attaches to the pack. I find this petty cumbersome, I was under the impression the original ones used use to have a magnet to attach it to the pack - is this true?

Have people taken off these clips and replaced them with magnets? If so which kind

Thanks
Both on my homemade pack and the Haslab pack, I use 50 lb. (pull) gun magnets.
One on the gun box (where the V hook is on the pack) and one on the bottom of the nuetrona wand, where the other V hook is located at.

You will however, need to use longer screws for both magnets. Having powerful magnets also means it's easier to mount the wand back on the pack. To remove the wand, just grab the handle like you normally would, and then twist outward.

These are the ones I use and are worth every penny: https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Holster ... ets&sr=8-3
By hawkbatsquadron
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

My V-hook did not hold my Version One Spengler Wand so I went with a San Jamar C927EZ to replace it.
This is pretty similar, if not the same one Adam Savage used in his video, using the same holes/screws.Image
ImageI have one of these on my Spirit pack modification and it matches up to the Spengler wand (Version One) securely.

Cheap version: Amazon
$13 and you can remove the part from the holder.
Original part:
ImageHelpful hint if you are removing the back, run some tape across here so these don't fall off. They are screwed on through the back:ImageImageImageImage It works well and I can reach over my shoulder and pull the wand without a problem.Image

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]