By virusxero
I've seen a lot of people talking about modding the pack/wand in creative ways to bypass timers. And that's been really cool to see how in depth this actually is.

But I've been wondering... is there any way to kind of like tap right into the code installed on the board(s) either to modify it or even like overwrite it entirely? Like install a USB connection to tap into the boards themselves?
By SpectralSleuth
That's a big old maybe, but probably not. It really depends on what's under that big blob of epoxy. It's almost certainly the microcontroller. If Hasbro were to release full board schematics (good luck getting them to do that), we could see what microcontroller they used and if the programming pins are exposed somewhere on the board. Failing that, someone who was going to replace the electronics anyway could remove the epoxy and try to identify the chip. Some blob chips have markings that you could view under a microscope to identify them, or even without those markings someone who is extremely knowledgeable might be able to identify the chip just by looking at layout.

Even without full schematics, if we knew what microcontroller was used, and if (big if) the programming pins are exposed, we might be able to figure out where to tap into those programming pins by examining the board layout and using a bit of trial and error.

Either way, we'd either need the cooperation of Hasbro, or for someone who is extremely knowledgeable and doesn't mind destroying their pack's electronics to work on it.
By virusxero
Hmm, I may try to contact Hasbro to ask them. Worst case scenario they tell me nothing or to leave it alone.

Alternatively, I wonder if gpstar or someone would consider looking. (I only say gpstar because I know he was like doing a full board replacement and like recoding everything from scratch. So he'd likely have the old setup sitting around somewhere.)

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]