By tedcritten
Hi everyone,

Has anybody managed to smooth out the transitions between sounds at all? For example, making the start up sound and the idol hum sound like one continuous sound without a 'gap'? I had a quick go at editing the sounds slightly but just wondered if I was wasting my time. Its not a major concern of mine but more something if it can be done I'd like it done! 😆

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if it works the same but proffieboards have a code line that tells the board how much delay to give before the next sound plays and you can adjust that value so they overlap. Not sure what board the gbfans kit uses or if things like that can be edited at all. I tried trimming and fading the sound files themselves but that doesn't make any difference, the gap is still there.
I tried playing around with this changing the GB Fans store's Proton Pack sound board to be used with a Slime Blower build. I think the issue is inherent with the format of MP3s which has a built in delay. For my ghost trap build I ended up using polyphonic WAVtrigger that has almost zero gap between sounds and you can actually play multiple sounds over lapping one another.
I don't remember exactly if it could support WAV format or not, but regardless, I do remember that I was never able to get a perfectly smooth transition between the sounds using the board from the shop. I studied sound engineering in college and Polyphonic is definitely the way to go if you want the best seemless sound quality. That said, I'm happy enough with the board from the store for my pack and blower.

With Polyphonic, you could have the hum constantly playing in the background and the blasting sound effects overlayed on top. Or have all the sound effects playing over the theme song. I might upgrade my pack one day with a Polyphonic sound card.
Welsh Pirate liked this

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how? […]

Doing a Ghostbusters RPG

I run a Ghostbusters RPG on Roll20/Discord that ha[…]

A new entry, thanks to an anonymous editer on IMDb[…]

Industrial Strength Velcor. Can hold 10 pounds eve[…]