By Doug B
Hello!

Does anyone know of a good guide (thread or video) of building a Ben Of Kent thrower?

I've tried searching, and I find many great BOK pack builds, but people are usually using aluminum or throwing chicken kits with the builds.

Thanks in advance for any resources : )
By Doug B
Mostly just interested in a guide that I can somewhat follow to do things in the proper order. Have any photos or an ordering of steps you could share? Appreciate it!
Ryanc3187 liked this
By tobycj
Doug B wrote: March 6th, 2022, 7:17 pm Mostly just interested in a guide that I can somewhat follow to do things in the proper order. Have any photos or an ordering of steps you could share? Appreciate it!
Are you trying to put a pop mech or twist grip in? Those both need some additional parts that don't come with the BoK kit out of the box, and require a bit of planning. If not, then the Ultimate Thrower Plans are very useful, and also check out The Ghostbusters Reference Library group on Facebook for a ton of reference photos. Dry fit everything first, including your electronics, then disassemble and paint the parts individually. You should be able to assemble the whole thing without using any glue, apart from where you attach the metal handle tubes to the wand body.
By Doug B
Thanks for the info and tips, appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm going to do a pop/twist mechanism. I have this mostly planned out using TC and 3d printed parts.

The thrower has such a small amount of space -- it's a bit more intimidating than the pack itself.
By tobycj
Who's electronics are you using? I had to Dremel out some more space in my wand body to fit the GBFans board, as well as all the switches and hat lights etc.
By Doug B
I purchased Ninjatunes electronics. I believe his wand board is a bit smaller than the GBfans board. Still, there are many wires for lights and swtiches -- it's a bit intimidating. Any pics of the inside of your wand and how you organized and secured the wires?
By tobycj
Yep, it's a smaller board. I used small standoffs to hold my board in place, and then cable clip things to hold the wires out of the way. I've not got pics uploaded still, but send me a DM with your email and I'll send you some over.
By Doug B
Sent DM.

I'd like to do standoffs too, but the Ninjatunes board doesn't have mounting holes. I'm trying to design a 3d mount for the wand board to make things a bit neater.

With the pop mech taking up a good amount of space, wire routing is crucial to protect the wires as well. Look forward to seeing your images.
tobycj liked this

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]