By dantonvfx
Hey guys,

seems that Fun.com has listed a new rendition of the Proton Pack. Not too muhc is known yet, but it seems to have a Custom "ALICE" type frame with Straps, Lights and Sounds, and for the Components Layout and sizes on the straps/ALICE it might be Real size, not like the Spirit 80% downsizes.

Now the drop off: 499$

Seeing the Price, Seems they want to get onboard all the people that missed the Haslab option. What do you think? Might be a good option for Modding.

Source GBNews: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/01/11 ... m-fun-com/
Last edited by dantonvfx on January 12th, 2022, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By deadderek
That is 1:1 Spirit Pack with cheap ass straps on it. You're on drugs if you think it's worth $500.
By GhostFaceX
Fun and spirit Halloween price higher because they always have coupons. But they’d need an 80% coupon to save this one.

People were saying Hasbro doesn’t have the license to make an 84 pack etc. but this company does? Lol
Oook
By Kingpin
Interesting development, some definite improvements over the Spirit offering.

I suspect all of the electronics are located solely in the Proton Gun, and that the red Cyclotron Lights and blue Power Cell indicator are like we see in the preview images: stickers only.
By Spidon
The very obvious split in the plastic for the bellows on the bumper and on the white tip of the wand are horrendous. Makes it look worse than the Spirit pack. And the rainbow ribbon looks like the same one that's on the newer version of the Spirit pack. That price is a joke, even if it is 1:1 scale.
By VenomSymbiote
This is the sort of progress you'd expect to see from a new iteration of the Spirit pack. Acceptable in like 100-150 price range. At 500 I'd sooner find fan made packs than buy this thing. Don't get me wrong. I'd have flipped my shit over something like this 10 or so years ago. With the Spirit pack setting the bar for budget fixer uppers, and Haslab setting it for affordable 1:1 replicas, there's no shit flipping to be had here. Though even if this was released a decade ago I dunno if I'd buy in for the asking 500 price.
deadderek, gamera1968 liked this
By oidoglr
tobycj wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:46 am Weird they'd update the mould for the legris elbow on the cyclotron, but not the HGA and ion arm.
Looking over at the PPD and injectors and in general the proportions of the top parts of the pack compared to the cyclotron, I think this preproduction unit repurposed molds of those same parts in the 80-85% scale of the original Spirit/Rubies trap and didn't upsize these height and width, only adding depth. It's too narrow across the top.
tobycj liked this
By GBfan77
Josh Foote wrote: January 12th, 2022, 5:41 am Hasbro’s set the bar at $400. I feel sorry for anyone who opts for one of these over the HasLab pack.
It was over $700 Canadian when I tried to back it. Too much for me at the time so I missed out. The Scalpers are already trying to sell the pack in the thousands price range. That been said I don't see much here that would make this pack so expensive other than maybe the Metal in the Alice Frame if that is in fact actual metal.
By Kingpin
Some more details about the Pack have been posted, quoted her via GhostbustersNews:
Our designers took extra care when designing this Ghostbusters Proton Pack Costume Replica. The high-quality recreation features a realistic mold inspired by the Proton Packs worn by the original team from 1984. It even has the circular particle accelerator chamber near the bottom! The main piece is constructed of sturdy plastic material and comes with faux wires along the back. The pack also lights up and makes sounds from the movie to add to the realism. The detachable neutrona wand can be holstered on the side of the pack when you’re not hunting the latest round of ghouls and ghosts! The shoulder straps are padded and adjustable to help you get a great fit while suiting up as the newest member of the Ghostbusters. And once you’re all done with the ghost hunting job, this Proton Pack makes an exceptional piece to add to any Ghostbusters collection!”
Welsh Pirate liked this
Kingpin wrote: April 21st, 2022, 5:00 pm Some more details about the Pack have been posted, quoted her via GhostbustersNews:
Our designers took extra care when designing this Ghostbusters Proton Pack Costume Replica. The high-quality recreation features a realistic mold inspired by the Proton Packs worn by the original team from 1984. It even has the circular particle accelerator chamber near the bottom! The main piece is constructed of sturdy plastic material and comes with faux wires along the back. The pack also lights up and makes sounds from the movie to add to the realism. The detachable neutrona wand can be holstered on the side of the pack when you’re not hunting the latest round of ghouls and ghosts! The shoulder straps are padded and adjustable to help you get a great fit while suiting up as the newest member of the Ghostbusters. And once you’re all done with the ghost hunting job, this Proton Pack makes an exceptional piece to add to any Ghostbusters collection!”
Lol, it's not often that "we didn't remove 1/3 of the entire product for no reason" is presented as a feature. Poor lady was given a handful of straw and told to spin it in to gold.
By oidoglr
It's really the price that's egregious. At $199 (maybe even $250) I would feel this is a sufficient upgrade from a regular $70 Spirit/Rubies pack to justify the cost, and is a nice middle ground between spending $70 on a Spirit and $630 for a Haslab pack and wand for those who might not have the time/space or skills to mod a Spirit or 3D print a pack. My gut feeling is this is priced so high that they'll eventually end up discounting them down if not outright discontinuing them.
By timeware
It's been a while that I've looked at proton packs on e-bay. You can't even get a shell under $300 right now. Better off buying a decent 3D printer if your building a pack from scratch. Yeah...$400 for a little bit better then spirit pack I'm expecting more bells and whistles. Come on, at least throw in an Aztec Death whistle!
kahuna900 liked this
By gamera1968
My cardboard pack looks better than this.

Also, "SLO-BOL".

You had one job.
kahuna900, Welsh Pirate liked this
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]