By jonogunn
Choices between the movie, video game and afterlife version.

I personally like the afterlife version with the spinning lights. Wasn’t sure about it at first but it grew on me pretty quick. It has this sense of urgency and really gives off the feel that there’s a dangerous accelerator in the pack.

My only complaint is that it spins too fast which makes it look almost like 4 blinking lights. If I could make one change I would slow it down a tad and only have it at max speed when they are firing the wand.
By gerard55
jonogunn wrote: January 7th, 2022, 4:49 am Choices between the movie, video game and afterlife version.

I personally like the afterlife version with the spinning lights. Wasn’t sure about it at first but it grew on me pretty quick. It has this sense of urgency and really gives off the feel that there’s a dangerous accelerator in the pack.

My only complaint is that it spins too fast which makes it look almost like 4 blinking lights. If I could make one change I would slow it down a tad and only have it at max speed when they are firing the wand.
I think there was a bit of an error when it comes to the afterlife cyclotron, if you watch the scene with pheobe firing the pack for the first time if you listen closely you can hear the cyclotron spinning down when she's finished firing, but the speed of the cyclotron never seems to match that when you see the lights on screen.
jonogunn liked this
I had the same reaction when seeing the cyclotron in afterlife but it quickly grew on me as well along with the noise it made. Gives it a much heavier mechanical vibe to it. I've seen some demo light kits modded onto some builds that seem to have it speed up as it fires and slow down while idling. I think I'm going to aim for that when I start up my full size pack.
By jonogunn
CaptainAssholay wrote: January 11th, 2022, 7:03 pm I had the same reaction when seeing the cyclotron in afterlife but it quickly grew on me as well along with the noise it made. Gives it a much heavier mechanical vibe to it. I've seen some demo light kits modded onto some builds that seem to have it speed up as it fires and slow down while idling. I think I'm going to aim for that when I start up my full size pack.
By any chance you have a link to this one?
I really like the Afterlife sequence. I always knew the bottom of the pack was a cyclotron, but I never made the connection that the lights on the GB1 and 2 packs were supposed to be illustrating the cyclotron functioning.

I think the Afterlife sequence is more representative in that way.

Sean
Dang that is a good point. I do like the rotating light and was in favour of the clockwise rotation until your post ;).

One time wrote: January 17th, 2022, 2:04 pm I prefer the counter clockwise spinning lights we see in some scenes. They seem to point to the exit port / hose more naturally than the clockwise.
One time liked this
By egon901
The only problem that the movie has is that when Pheobe takes the case off the top of the cyclotron and N-filter, there isn't any clear lenses from the outside to the actual cyclotron, so you couldn't actually see it working. I have to admit, it's actually really cool to see it in action though, and honestly the clockwise and counter-clockwise action both align pretty well to the output hose since the position of the hose itself is on the lower right-hand quadrant of the cyclotron itself.
By Kingpin
egon901 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 11:34 pm The only problem that the movie has is that when Pheobe takes the case off the top of the cyclotron and N-filter, there isn't any clear lenses from the outside to the actual cyclotron.

The lenses correspond to the components that the CRT Emitters plug into, it's these square-topped things which give the flash in each of the four cyclotron circles rather than the cyclotron itself. Think of it kinda like an observation window like they might have to observe quarks and other particles in the Large Hadron Collider.
By egon901
Thank you for the clarification on what I was trying to say Kingpin. I was really tired when I wrote that and couldn't really put into words what I was thinking very well. Anyway, for the proton packs in Afterlife, they had an actual motor-driven 'cyclotron' with a light on it, and that is what your saw anytime the packs were on anyone's backs and activated. There was nothing to stop any light from the cyclotron inside the pack from reaching the camera.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]