Hi all, This is my first real post here. I wanted to share this in case it helps someone down the road. I am currently waiting on my first spirit pack to arrive . I have read all over the place that the wand was a bit small. I had seen where some people had mentioned using the GB M.O.D toy wand as a replacement. I have seen a couple of videos of paint jobs and one where someone added it to there pack. I plan to take mine a step further. The wand is getting a paint job, some modifications and I'm going to try to retro fit a frankengeek wand kit into the wand. I'll keep my progress posted here.

Last edited by BoostedSTX on December 14th, 2021, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
GBfan77, gman666 liked this
I look forward to seeing your progress. As far as I'm concerned the MOD Blaster is probably the best option for replacing that Tiny Spirit wand. It's built to take a pounding so if it slips off the hook you shouldn't have to worry about it shattering into pieces and it's close to the scale of the Spirit Pack.
BoostedSTX liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 20th, 2021, 12:52 am This is a really cool idea! Let me know how it turns out! I have absolutely no tinkering skills but if it's rather simple to swap the crappy spirit wand with this I may give it a shot.
Its not too terrible, more time consuming than anything. The hardest part to it is cutting out some of the plastic inside the want to make room for the frankengeek circuit board. If you are just going to swap the spirit wand internals over it wouldn't be bad at all.
I am also converting a M.O.D wand but 3d printing replacements parts. I joined the Patreon page of Ghostbuster Gear, recommend, so I could get his battery lid/V hook replacement and movie thrower parts.
ImageImage
I am also printing various Thingiverse files for knurled knobs and Clippards. Going to be installing a paint booth here over the holidays so no painted pics yet.

So on the Patreon there is another file for the hose connection. Which one would you guys pick?

Thanks!

Greg
gman666 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 3:12 pm I am also converting a M.O.D wand but 3d printing replacements parts. I joined the Patreon page of Ghostbuster Gear, recommend, so I could get his battery lid/V hook replacement and movie thrower parts.
ImageImage
I am also printing various Thingiverse files for knurled knobs and Clippards. Going to be installing a paint booth here over the holidays so no painted pics yet.

So on the Patreon there is another file for the hose connection. Which one would you guys pick?

Thanks!

Greg
I did the same thing! I went with the first adapter for the split hose. My printed parts just came in today so I'll update later with pictures
BoostedSTX wrote: December 27th, 2021, 6:32 pm This is the site I used for my printing https://craftcloud3d.com/?utm_source=ga ... vnEALw_wcB
Thanks. I checked them out and had a Afterlife heatsink and the thrower tip on order for 3D printing. Did you add a light to the vent on yours? I plan to do that with mind.
BoostedSTX liked this
GBfan77 wrote: December 28th, 2021, 3:34 pm
BoostedSTX wrote: December 27th, 2021, 6:32 pm This is the site I used for my printing https://craftcloud3d.com/?utm_source=ga ... vnEALw_wcB
Thanks. I checked them out and had a Afterlife heatsink and the thrower tip on order for 3D printing. Did you add a light to the vent on yours? I plan to do that with mind.
Yea mine has a Frankengeek spirit wand kit installed in it. I have all the lights except the bar graph. If I chose to do it over I would have gone with the Frankgeek "80-90%" wand kit. It would have allowed me to make use of the bar graph light. I wish I had planned ahead a little better. I still might make the switch and sell my spirit wand kit.
gman666 liked this
BoostedSTX wrote: December 29th, 2021, 5:28 am Yea mine has a Frankengeek spirit wand kit installed in it. I have all the lights except the bar graph. If I chose to do it over I would have gone with the Frankgeek "80-90%" wand kit. It would have allowed me to make use of the bar graph light. I wish I had planned ahead a little better. I still might make the switch and sell my spirit wand kit.
I got the Frankengeek 90% wand kit and the Moby 90% stickers but weather here has been rainy so I cannot paint. Hope to have my indoor paint booth built here by end of January so I can paint inside. Looks great!

Thanks!

Greg
How easy would you say it'd be to just strip the spiritwand off and put the wires from it into the MOD wand? Any idea if there's a place outside of a patreon group I could get the battery cover and the other v-hook piece to put onto the pack? I don't have my own 3d printer anyway so I'd not be able to get them without buying elsewhere. Also what color paint do you think would look best to match the Spirit packs color? I'd rather not paint the pack itself too because I'd be too concerned messing something up or ruining something. Is the MOD wand a bit flimsy and if so would it be an issue or easily fixed?
I have seen the Vhook kit for the MOD wand on Etsy. I would imagine you would be able to transfer the spirt wand electronics into the mod wand. It might take a little bit of modification but not near as much as it took to add the frankengeek kit in. I used Krylon colormaxx flat black on mine. I would say that a satin black might be a little closer. The pack isnt a perfectly flat black.
What did you use to attach the wand to the hose? I haven't started tinkering with the MOD wand yet and I'm curious what's the best way to hook it up to the handle. I've also been thinking I may want to just keep the sound and lights the wand itself has as well as the spirit packs. Would you say it should be easy to just thread the spirit button from its original wand, out near the normal buttons of the MOD wand?
Thanks for the quick reply! Would you recommend looking for a 3d printed item or is there anything off the shelf that'd work just as well? As for the zip tie did you put a hole through the hose to put it through or just wrap it around? Sorry for the 20 questions but since you've tinkered with it I figure might as well be sure. Especially since I'm not much of a handy fella. I appreciate it.
BoostedSTX wrote: January 5th, 2022, 11:07 am The 3d printed part I used gave it a cleaner look but I'm sure you could come up with an alternative. The zip tie wraps around the hose and holds it in place. I can take some pictures this evening. Also ask away! I am happy to help any way I can!
Thanks man! Pics would be great as long as it's not too much trouble.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]