By bobob
Hi guys after a bit of advice. After digging out my proton pack to attend afterlife, I noticed my GB1 ribbon cable had come unstuck the outer clear plastic as come away from the strands of wire. I know the cable is probably around 7/8 years old. And think I originally brought it from the GB Fans store. I know it was a lot of money. Is there any way to just buy the clear plastic tape that covers the wires. As I don’t really want to buy another cable.

Bob.
By pchrisbosh1
Ya inevitably that's what happens to these cables using the marine tape. Unfortunately humidity and other factors cause them to delaminate over time. Here is some tape in case you want to try to repair https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S- ... lsrc=aw.ds

There might be some tape out there that might have some stronger adhesive but not sure. It would take some expirementing and trial and error. Another user was trying silicone and it looked great and would probably be more durable.
By kind2311
Until someone can get a run of real, machine-extruded ribbon cables made, we are going to have to deal with delamination. All three of my Fincher cables have completely come apart in a little over a year.
mburkit liked this

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]