Hi everyone!
Just thought I'd share my humble attempt to turn a Hasbro Proton Pack into something a bit more decent for my daughter's Halloween costume.
Just to make sure there's no confusion with the newly announced Haslab Packs - I'm only talking about this one:

My daughter is 10 years old and of slim build, so I thought this one (that has about half the size of the actual prop) would fit her well enough.
First I had to get rid of the extensions on both sides (meant to attach other toy-props):

ImageImage
Luckily they are attached with screws, so taking them off was easy.

After also removing the stickers we get this:
I then drilled some holes to light the cyclotron and made something to resemble the injection tubes on the left:

ImageImageImage
After priming and some coat of black paint it starts to take shape:

Mounted some red acrylic disks for the cyclotron lights:

ImageImageImage

Some LEDs for the Power Cell and the Cyclotron and a bit of ribbon cable added. Scaled down the stickers to better match the pack. Made a motherboard of plastic-sheet and mounted everything to the backpart of an old packpack. (I first tried to mount it on an actual ALICE-frame - but as you can imagine that just looked ridiculous...)

(Don't look too close on the N-Filter. My daughter found that part in my Junk-Box and insisted on mounting it just the way it is...)

Although the placement is incorrect, we took special delight in the (working) Power-Switch:

As always I finally ran out of time to add more cables and other stuff, but the girl was happy - so what more to ask for!
Last edited by Muddler on November 1st, 2021, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conqueror_Worm liked this
jonogunn wrote: November 1st, 2021, 6:56 am That’s awesome! Haven’t seen anyone done this yet.

May I suggest cutting the ribbon cable to like 75% of the width? It looks too big for this size
Thanks a lot!
You're definetely right about the cable! It was a last-minute-addition, so I just mounted it the way it came out of the box.
There are surely a hundred things I would have done to get it more accurate (maybe I will for the premiere of "Afterlife"...), but that's simply how far I got... :sigh:
I actually grabbed one of these too figuring i'd light it at some point and your project shows it has potential for folks and would even be a good started for those wanting to try arduino programming. I may grab another around black friday if they're on sale or still available, they didn't seem to be flying off shelves.
Muddler liked this

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome