I'm starting work on a proton pack for maybe Afterlife release day (if I can finish it in time). I bought a vacu-form shell for the body of the pack but it came in two parts. Can anyone recommend an epoxy that would work well? I'm currently waiting for the shop to get more motherboards in so I'm trying to get gives ready ahead of time.
I have used JB Weld Plasticweld Expoxy putty, It's a 2 part putty that you kneed together to activate and it dries rock hard. It's great for building up and filling in the gaps and seams, but it's not easily sandable so keep that in mind and use sparingly.

Sometimes those 2 part vac shells don't line up exactly flush so if you clamp the two halves together, you will likely have issues with the top and bottom edges of the shell lifting upwards and it won't sit flat on the motherboard once the epoxy has dried... I would try to epoxy them together with the shell halves laid flat on a surface face up. You will also want to rough up the two edges that will be joining together with some heavy sandpaper for best adhesion.

Here are some great threads that show how some of us have joined vacu-form shells together:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37426

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40187

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38641

Also FYI, the GBfans shop motherboards will almost certainly not fit the 2 part vac-form shells. They are sized slightly differently and won't line up. Most people who do the vac-form builds end up cutting their own motherboard from MDF or some sort of plywood.
gumbyx84 liked this
Lowberg wrote: September 7th, 2021, 2:57 pm I have used JB Weld Plasticweld Expoxy putty, It's a 2 part putty that you kneed together to activate and it dries rock hard. It's great for building up and filling in the gaps and seams, but it's not easily sandable so keep that in mind and use sparingly.

Sometimes those 2 part vac shells don't line up exactly flush so if you clamp the two halves together, you will likely have issues with the top and bottom edges of the shell lifting upwards and it won't sit flat on the motherboard once the epoxy has dried... I would try to epoxy them together with the shell halves laid flat on a surface face up. You will also want to rough up the two edges that will be joining together with some heavy sandpaper for best adhesion.

Here are some great threads that show how some of us have joined vacu-form shells together:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37426

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40187

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38641

Also FYI, the GBfans shop motherboards will almost certainly not fit the 2 part vac-form shells. They are sized slightly differently and won't line up. Most people who do the vac-form builds end up cutting their own motherboard from MDF or some sort of plywood.
Tkachuk for all the tips and links. Appreciate it greatly.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]