By Lowberg
Well, not much to say here. I somehow ended up starting another pack build LOL. I had an extra Chris Bosh shell and Throwing Chicken kit saved up for a rainy day and recently got a great bundle deal from MandoMan with pretty much every other part I needed for another build. So here we are on my 3rd full build.

So far I've got a few of the parts attached. Some of the parts I got from MandoMan were already painted so I'm just going to leave them the way they are. My plan is to make this build really gritty and weathered, I'm not sure if I want to make it a GB2 style pack to compliment my GB1 pack with the same pchrisbosh1 shell.

This time around I went with cutting out the shell for the N filter, something I've never done before but it came out pretty decent!

Excited to get this build going. I cant say enough about the pchrisbosh1 shell. It's such a beast and fine in detail. Pleasure to work with
Got some more components attached today, I have to order a volguus bumper from Nick!

The Ion Arm rod attachment came to me as a GB1 setup so I'll have to drill my Ion Arm for the correct clippard. I'm going to try and grind down the welds on the beam/line tubes myself to get the appropriate finish, I'll need to find a grinding wheel as the dremel wouldn't do the job. So far I've kind of eye-balled a lot of things on this build, digging the way it's looking so far

twmedford23 liked this
By KoCo
For the filler/beam line tubes, try putting some rough sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the part on that. You could even put a piece of wood or something up against the outer edge of the piece so you get the lines straight for an even "ground-down" finish.
It's cheaper than a grinding wheel and will get rid of the weld lines in a fair amount of time, if memory serves correct.
I love how you said, you just have a "Throwing Chicken kit saved up for a rainy day". I just wish I had a Throwing Chicken kit period. I love his work. I am hoping he as some mistakes put up soon to buy, even his not 100% pulls are awesome. I saw last year after Halloween he put up some ghost traps that did not pull correctly at a discounted price.
Holy crap! It's really been a year since I last posted an update. That's insane.

Unfortunately I've been super busy with work and night school so the pack is in the same state as seen above, just sitting on a shelf. All I really have to do is buy a thrower and bumper for it, as I sold the TC Kit.
twmedford23 liked this
By canpara
Lowberg wrote:Recieved my parts from RJ at FreekyGeeky finally! This is my 2nd or 3rd time ordering aluminum parts from him....they are fantastic!
I had him round my heat sink fins, as I officially decided this is going to be a GB2 inspired hero build!

I'm working on my Freek Geeky wand right now too! I will be watching your thread with great interest.
So after letting my parts collect dust for 5 years in the basement, I finally got a mild case of covid last week and found myself twiddling my thumbs at home in quarantine and thought "Oh yea, I should probably continue with that!"

So I did decide it will be a GB2 Hero style build after all, heavily weathered and mixing elements of the different hero packs that I like.

I used the PChrisbosh1 shell also on my GB1 Hero build , so I didn't want it to look like a carbon copy on this build.
I experimented with some mod podge matte to roughen up and give some of that sloppy uneven texture to certain areas of the shell like the power cell face, the EDA box, Crank Gen Box, Ribs. and used it to make some brush swirls and strata lines seen on the heroes. I really like the wonk and imperfectness of the current state of the hero packs.

I used Rustoleum Satin Canyon Black, as it never fails me and looks great.

For the backside I'm using modified padded straps for that GB2 ending look, LC2 Frame for now unfortunately.
I've wrapped the neck foam in neoprene to give it that large padded appearance.
Lastly I masked off where the original GB1 spacers would have been so it shows the barre aluminum in those areas (I almost forgot this one when I painted the motherboard!)

And here we are with most of the shell parts painted and assembled:
mburkit, tobycj, ccv66 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]