nturne2001 wrote:Figured it out. Surprised this issue has never come up before. On this type of vaporizer you have to solder to the center and the ring surrounding the center to complete the circuit, the outer shell does nothing, both wires go through the drilled hole.

Great, I checked on this vaporizer, other than the difference in the contact points that you found, it seems that no replaceable wick/filament assembly is available. one reviewer stated that the unit has a lifetime guarantee, you have to send it back to the manufacturer for replacement when it stops working properly after a few months. The Kanger2 with replaceable wicks can be found at the same price or cheaper and the part that is soldered doesn't have to be changed

Glad you got it working

jim
I joined to ask Sephiroth a question, but I can't message anyone. I am making a costume that needs a very small smoke machine, and minus the lights, I think this might be the ticket, but I don't understand what could be omitted, as the intention is to make the machine small enough to fit in a pocket.
addedpulp wrote:I joined to ask Sephiroth a question, but I can't message anyone. I am making a costume that needs a very small smoke machine, and minus the lights, I think this might be the ticket, but I don't understand what could be omitted, as the intention is to make the machine small enough to fit in a pocket.
sent you a PM
jimfin
Again thanks for the awesome work you've shared with all of us. I recently had to change my air pump due to a refit (I broke a negative post on it). I got one of the inline pumps and shortened up the whole venting circuit. Now I'm pumping smoke lol
I haven't been able to secure the pump however I wrapped it in the same cellulose foam used on the neck padding of the pack. Dampened the output of the vibrations. Great success!
Sephiroth liked this
So, silly question, would there be an issue putting Toasted Marshmallow Nicotine Free eCig Juice through this thing, or would the flavored/scented variety be a bad idea?
Last month I ordered an ecig system from jimfin and mentioned I wanted to put it in a trap. To say he was helpful is a huge understatement! He included some alternate wiring setups and provided detailed instructions and suggestions and it shipped so, so quickly.

Here's the system put in a ThrowingChicken stunt hero trap.

This first video is just starting it up. This is mostly to prove there's no trickery with the smoke in the next video (sorry about the light kit, it's a repurposed spare Crix wand kit - and sorry about the mess, it's the night before a big con! No time for cleaning!)

Here's the in-progress smoke.

And a shot of the inside with the led.

I'm using jimfin's vape solution plus some "space jam venus" toasted marshmallow scent. This works pretty well!
Sephiroth liked this
HudgensUSAF wrote:Just curious, but what kind of socket are you guys using for your LED light?
The sockets in the kits are the original 3pin sockets shipped with the computer fans repurposed for the LED
They can be ordered separately, but since the fans came with a long enough wire it worked out, I just moved the pins to the outside terminals
They can be found in surplus computer parts at most any repair shop
HudgensUSAF wrote:Thanks Jim. Are you still mounting it in a scrap piece of wood?
I think you're referring to an image back on page 1, I have not posted any updated pics of the way I'm mounting the LEDs now.

I'll try to put some pics together later today, but basically, I'm using the same black rubber cap as on the input to the ecig by cutting off the tip to make a cylinder and cutting legs on one end to straddle a square dowel bridge,
the led holder is inserted into the rubber piece with the wire going through a small hole drilled in the side of the PVC fitting and then hot glued to the bridge
The dowels are sold in a package at walmart or hobby-lobby
Cadger wrote:I've looked through this thread for information on the smoke fluid. I've bought a bottle of DJ smoke fluid. It works good with the e-cig.
I might a be bit slow but are you saying I can mix my commercial smoke fluid 50/50 with glycerine to get even more smoke?
That's what we have been using for over a year now. The commercial DJ fluid usually is pretty thin in consistency and its main ingredient is Propylene Glycol (PG) (also sold locally as hoof conditioner for cattle) (and by ecig suppliers)
Vegetable Glycerin (VG) (sold locally as a skin conditioner in pharmacies) (and by ecig manufactureres) produces thicker smoke but is so thick it doesng't travel up the wicks well in the Kanger T2 cartridges used in the smoke kits

We have also tried the DJ fluid by itself, and as you have said it does work, but I think if you experiment with the VG, you will be pleased with the result

Glad to see 1 of our 1st European GB friends still smokin
Cadger liked this
Got an odd question:

I have the gbfans wand pack and sound kits with 500 watt speaker and spongeface color changing kit PLUS a set of Jupiter wand & pack lights running off the same 12v 9800mah blue brick

Any idea if a TVG style nozzle vent (no strobe or fan) would work off the same battery
You can always try, but personally, I would get a separate small LiPo battery for your eCig... they're cheap, and should work perfectly...
LandoSystem liked this
Just to let everyone know I used the setup I just mentioned plus 2 additional 12v leds for a box on the slime tank plus a 12v marine flood light and a blinky led hooked to the spongeface tvg kit and everything worked fine with 1 9800mah battery

Ive had it going for 16+ hours with tons of vents and everything is working great
I use 0.5-Ohm Organic Cotton Coils (OCC) in mine, and yes, it produces more smoke... but you also need a battery able to handle the lower resistances/higher current draw... I initially used my 12V battery pack I already had, but because the coil drew so much current, the fan wouldn't even spin and the air pump was weakened...

I talk a little bit about it in my build thread here... http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 0#p4832018

Bill Venkman liked this
Ecto062 wrote:Is there a reason why the micro air pumps that are being chosen are all less than 12V pumps? I want to try this on my pack and would like everything to run off of my blue brick.
The 6V pump was chosen because of size and availability and seems to provide plenty of air, The ecig will not tolerate more than 6V without fireworks and burnt filaments thus has to be run from a 5 to 6V battery source or reduced from the 12V main batttery by a voltage regulator. There is no reason that a 12V pump could not be used, but I can't find a source that is as economical as the 1's I use in the commercial kits
There are many variations around our original idea but for overall safety and ease of setup I see no reason to change the design. BTW the kits in the for sale thread and final versions in this tutorial can all run off the blue brick
jimfin

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]