By Mat
Extremely well done! I always liked seeing the build process and sheer amount of work that goes into some of the more elaborate (or any, really) builds; even more so when a build brings something that was once only a digital object, into a real, physical, copacetic object and make it, at the very least, functional in form and appearance. :mrgreen:
jackdoud liked this
By mburkit
Well, it got labels on it and survived the Dan Aykroyd signing (for the most part)!

The one alligator clip came undone, but I really don't think many people noticed. Dan loved it though; he loved the look of the slime blower being smashed together with the proton pack.

After wearing this thing for a few hours, it is noticeably heavier than my GB1 pack. I have a feeling its gonna be close to the same weight as my buddy, Jon's slime blower when I get all the electronics in it.
By Human_3D
Just found the thread, and how glad I am about it !

I'm starting on a normal pack, after that I'll go for the mburkit variant or better the game pack. I guessit could cause epilepsy if one would add the stasis beam and all the lights on the back. :cool:
By mburkit
Small teaser of where I'm at as we rocket quickly towards Dragon Con at the end of this month.

Like all the prototype electronics that I am making for the game pack, these are scratch built, point-to-point circuits. It took me a week until I came to the design you see here for the lights and it took another 10 hours of soldering to make the board. I did the HGA first because I'm pretty sure it will be the most complicated of the electronics. Here's a video of the "Radar Effect" in motion.

Please note: I have multiplexed the leds so only 3 are ever lit at one time. The downside to doing it this way is that its tough to film much like trying to film a CRT TV, so in the video you see a blinking that isn't really visible in person.

The HGA actually has more functionality then just the standby mode you see here. I'm saving the rest of it for when everything is together, mainly because this board will react to other electronics so it knows when I'm firing the wand. Since those boards are done yet, it just sits in standby mode (for now).
Dougger, MaximusTrion, jackdoud and 3 others liked this
By mburkit
Well, its the been a headache of a month for me, trying to get this thing serviceable for Dragon Con later this week. So lets see why it was such a headache, shall we?

I spent the whole month, soldering together point to point circuits for my board. Here's the ones I took photos of throughout the process:

I didn't take pictures of all of them, and to be honest, I'm pretty sure most people don't really care about them. After finishing up the boards last week, I then had to install them all!

And with all those fun pictures, that brings us to the part most people would rather see: The video!

Its not DONE-DONE, but its where I can currently get it for Dragon Con with the time constraints I'm under. Once I get back, I will try to get the rest of the options I want in it working.

Thanks for looking!
By below_radar_00
Incredible!

So many awesome things here but I think my favorite thing is that you have moving red lights on the gun next to the bar graph. I remember asking a year or so ago if anyone had come up with a solution to replace the sticker with moving lights and at the time no one knew of a solution. While it's not screen accurate I'd love to mod my pack to have this feature.
By Smeghead
*falls to knees*
We're not worthy! We're not worthy!
By Mrdopey
I love this build and periodically check on it, and just have to ask if you had any time to work on the motors and moving parts. I would love to see this fully imagined with boson darts, etc...

For sure. I think seeing ordinary guys like the Gh[…]

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]