By Croesus
Hey guys,

I wanted to make a new thread for this because the old one is a little crammed with stuff and im using my own webspace so... we're not limited to 10 downloads lol. This is a new pack of sounds which include...

Blast Shock
Boson Dart
Ecto 1 Siren (Loop)
Proton Stream Sound
Heat Warning
Power Down
*Shooting sounds (X4)
*Shooting Sequence (X3)
Slime Blower
Stasis Power Down
Switch mode sound
Switch on sounds
Vent Pack
New Wand charge

Download Pack

If anyone has any requests... i'll try and fill them.

Marc
By supercooldude
Awesome! Thanks man. And re: requests...any chance of getting a marshmallow man "roar" on there somewhere?

-s
By gbrob
Woah, thanks for taking the time to do that!

I love the slime blower sound and the vent. They're all great.
By Gareee
I've got a general pack looping hum if you want to include it...
By Croesus
Sorry for the late reply Gareee but that would be awesome... do ya have anymore that you could throw in?
By Gareee
Well, thats the onbly one I couldn't locate, so I cobbled on up last week from existing sounds. We are using the soundtrack shirt guts with our packs for some sound effects, and my main requirements were:

gb theme music mono looped
startup sound
operation hum (new)
fire thrower
power down
ecto siren mono looped

In addition I also took a number of various gb songs, and maximized thier volume, and converted them to mono, since the soundshirt looses the other track, rather then merges it.

I'll send a pm to get yer email to send you the operation hum.
By GAVAL
I've got a hum I custom made as well if you're interested. I've been sending it out to a few folks building their packs at request.

It's :10 in length and fades in and out so you can loop it indefinately and barely notice when it starts at the beginning again. Sampled from one of the pack fire up sounds. It's a low pitches hum and a high pitched whine that fluctuates at various volumes so it sounds like the pack is really working.

I just want to add that these sound awsome, I'm blown away...and where the hell were you last week when I sent my sound module to be reprogrammed! lol

Oh well, I'll go with what I got and visit your sounds fondly with a tear in my eye for the ones that got away!

G
By Gareee
I'd be interested in getting your version as well, to compare mine with yours..
By Gareee
I have a few more sounds I'll be sending soon:

Proton pack startup, with a 15 second idle hum, instead of a fade away

amplified wand fireing sound with a 6 second duration, and then change back to a 15 second idle hum

For the soundshirt control option, these come in very useful.. you hit one button for a startup sound, and once its changes to idelling, you can hit the idle sound effect for a seamless standy operating sound.

To fake fire the gun, you hit the fire button on the control.. the operating hum continues for a few seconds, and once the firing sound commences, you trigger whatever gun tip effect you have. Once that converts back to idling, you then ease off your gun tip effect button!

I also maximized the sounds as well... while the idle sound *should* be quieter then the startup sound effect, in use, when you are in a location with background noise, you need as much volume on any sound you have running.
By kind2311
ive been running into a lot of people who dont know these sounds are available to use so i'm bumping this up for them and also using it as an excuse to post my pack video . . . again! :D

I used the "switch on", "shoot sequence 3" and the "power down" sounds. I love them!

Thanks Croesus!

By Dan Shannon
Is it possible you can get your grimy mitts on the PKE sounds? Arms raising, the beep and squeal from when the meter notifies you of something, the sound it makes when you switch from PKE/Goggles mode back to over-shoulder mode (the electronic "Ding Dong" noise, i guess) and the different speeds of the buzzing depending on the PKE's arm elevation.
By Ghostbuster J
Awesome :cool: I've been looking for sounds for my slime blower and the Proton Pack sounds will come in handy if I ever get around to making one :D Great job man!
By Croesus
kind2311 wrote:ive been running into a lot of people who dont know these sounds are available to use so i'm bumping this up for them and also using it as an excuse to post my pack video . . . again! :D

I used the "switch on", "shoot sequence 3" and the "power down" sounds. I love them!

Thanks Croesus!

That's friggin awesome man! I hope to get a pack like that one day!
Dan Shannon wrote:Is it possible you can get your grimy mitts on the PKE sounds? Arms raising, the beep and squeal from when the meter notifies you of something, the sound it makes when you switch from PKE/Goggles mode back to over-shoulder mode (the electronic "Ding Dong" noise, i guess) and the different speeds of the buzzing depending on the PKE's arm elevation.
Sure! I'll give it a whirl...
what0080 wrote:Do you think you can get your hands on some of the Trap sounds?
I'll try but it might be hard to isolate that sound since you need to be firing the capture steam while trapping the ghosts...

Cheers guys and great job again kind2311! awesome pack
By Dr. Ray Stantz
I have the PKE and traping sequence sound fx. I thought I got them from one of these packs but maybe not, which leads to question where the hell did I get these sound fx?...haha. I'll see if I can't dig them up. I have no account to a hosting site or anything though. What's the best place to upload audio files for free?
By RedVirtue
WoOo!! These sounds are exciting!!!! AWESOME.
*free bump

edit: aww I just downloaded it and it was "invalid". :( Did anyone download these successfully and willing to share them?
By Croesus
oooh woops, sorry about that. I switched over to a new web server and forgot to change the link lol

New Link

Heres the old pack again, I do have more which i've been throwing around to different people but i'll bundle it all up in a little while and upload them up here.

Marc
By RedVirtue
Croesus, is there anyway you could upload the Stay Puft sounds from the game? I know he makes sounds, I just can't describe what it sounds like. If you could upload the "thud" that he makes when he walks too that would be a bonus. Thanks!
By Croesus
Absolutely RedVirtue, i'll give that a go for you next week sometime. Which reminds me! I ripped the PKE Sounds which I need to post :s
By RedVirtue
Croesus wrote:Absolutely RedVirtue, i'll give that a go for you next week sometime. Which reminds me! I ripped the PKE Sounds which I need to post :s
Very cool! Thank you.
By Gareee
Awesome! Maybe the pke sounds could be built into the arduino pke build thread here as well?

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]