kind2311 wrote:yes the LC-2 kidney pad and waist belt are one piece.
Thanks! Gotta see if I can find something to bridge the gap then.. something the same colour as the LC-1 straps, but that looks more like an LC-2 belt, and that I can attach like the LC-1... (I really don't like the huge LC-2 kidney pad.. looks too "Nerf safety padding" for my taste...)
kind2311 wrote:just so everyone knows, those have plastic side adjustment buckles on them, not metal like the screen-used ones.
False, I have one in hand and the buckles are metal. They also match the NSN number provided in this thread.
kind2311 wrote:just so everyone knows, those have plastic side adjustment buckles on them, not metal like the screen-used ones.
Just ordered one a couple days ago and got it in yesterday, and it does have plastic side adjustments on them.
found these at my local surplus. both say lc 1 as you can see one does not have the quick release guard.. I may just sew one on with some extra webbing and snaps I have.
I ALSO found 2 sets of shoulder straps and 2 lower back pads. Only one has the bracket that goes in between the two screws. Anyone know where i can find a replacement? the hardware store?

I'm gonna post them as a Full LC-1 Strap Set on ebay once i find a replacement for the turn-buckle bar.
A quick question, my pack seems to sit lower than i want it to even when i have my waist straps fastened how could i adjust the height? Also has anybody else here taken of there kidney pad by mistake, im having a pain in the arse in putting it back on as its a two person job?
Thanks
Hasford1978 wrote:A quick question, my pack seems to sit lower than i want it to even when i have my waist straps fastened how could i adjust the height? Also has anybody else here taken of there kidney pad by mistake, im having a pain in the arse in putting it back on as its a two person job?
Thanks
on an LC-2 or LC-1?
Hasford1978 wrote:Also has anybody else here taken of there kidney pad by mistake, im having a pain in the arse in putting it back on as its a two person job?
Thanks
Sounds like all you need is a second person! Or some kind of robot? :-) Good luck, I hope you figure it out!
It's odd that in all the photos ive seen here, the bottom two holes to attach the frame to the motherboard have been already existing, yet the frame I got (from GBFans store) has no holes there. Also, I saw a post earlier that says to use 3/8" carriage bolts, which are HUGE compared to the frame!
IPv6Freely wrote:It's odd that in all the photos ive seen here, the bottom two holes to attach the frame to the motherboard have been already existing, yet the frame I got (from GBFans store) has no holes there. Also, I saw a post earlier that says to use 3/8" carriage bolts, which are HUGE compared to the frame!
That would be because the shop's frames are Milspec not Surplus. Milspec meaning they are built to military specifications, but are mostly for civilian consumption. Things like Rothco products and Tru-Spec are all Milspec brands, usually milspec products cannot stand up to the ruggedness of actual military items. Surplus is actually military used items or left overs that have been released out into the general civilian population.
Dan AKA wrote:
IPv6Freely wrote:It's odd that in all the photos ive seen here, the bottom two holes to attach the frame to the motherboard have been already existing, yet the frame I got (from GBFans store) has no holes there. Also, I saw a post earlier that says to use 3/8" carriage bolts, which are HUGE compared to the frame!
That would be because the shop's frames are Milspec not Surplus. Milspec meaning they are built to military specifications, but are mostly for civilian consumption. Things like Rothco products and Tru-Spec are all Milspec brands, usually milspec products cannot stand up to the ruggedness of actual military items. Surplus is actually military used items or left overs that have been released out into the general civilian population.
Ah, understood! So that's why they're inexpensive ;)

I think I'm gonna try to find a LC-2 for my GB2 pack. Probably not too hard to find LC-2...
I was curious to know, not that I doubt that they were metal, but how was that conclusion reached? Is there a shot in the first movie that definitively shows that the correct waist straps had a metal buckle over a plastic one?

I ask as I have a LC-1 strap, but it has plastic buckles, and I was curious to know just how different in appearance the plastic were to the metal, if there's any difference at all. If metal ones were used, could I salvage a pair of buckles from an A.L.I.C.E. cargo tie and use them to replace the plastic buckles?

Edit: I see now, the major difference between the plastic and metal buckles is that the metal buckle has a loop at one end, similar to the loops near the quick release... and unfortunately this design is quite different to that of the cargo straps, meaning they wouldn't be a viable alternative. Drat.

Ah well, a minor issue. And who knows, I might chance across a belt with the correct metal buckles eventually.
Sticking on the subject of the buckle for a little bit longer, I was wondering if someone with the correct type could post a high-resolution shot of one of them, I'm considering whether I could use a pair of buckles from a set of quick release elbow straps as a suitable replacement to the plastic buckles on my waist strap.

It'd also be good to have for the comparison list at the start of the thread.
Thanks for the detailed info Dan

i honestly was going to hit up a local military surplus outlet and see if i could find one before knowing what I really needed

just saved me an embarassing trip lol and having to re-purchase a correct one after buying the wrong stuff.

Back to studying the boards and pics for me!

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]