Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
By jimmyjokerz
Seems the a lot of the afterlife plot leaked way before it was released. Most of it was spot on, minus the last fight taking place at the fire hall

Any tidbits?!
By DoctorPepper
During ecto fest this year at the sony lot, they left the ghost corp office window open, and you could see the act script breakdown on the white board. I got a good glance at it. Some points were hard to read. Not sure if its real or put for a gag. I would feel bad to spoil if it was real and would hate to lose an arm over.
By mrmichaelt
DoctorPepper wrote: December 12th, 2022, 7:20 pm During ecto fest this year at the sony lot, they left the ghost corp office window open, and you could see the act script breakdown on the white board. I got a good glance at it. Some points were hard to read. Not sure if its real or put for a gag. I would feel bad to spoil if it was real and would hate to lose an arm over.
Just to be on the safe side, don't. Eric Reich finds everybody.
By deadderek
DoctorPepper wrote: December 12th, 2022, 7:20 pm During ecto fest this year at the sony lot, they left the ghost corp office window open, and you could see the act script breakdown on the white board. I got a good glance at it. Some points were hard to read. Not sure if its real or put for a gag. I would feel bad to spoil if it was real and would hate to lose an arm over.
Feel free to DM me.
By DoctorPepper
mrmichaelt wrote: December 12th, 2022, 8:15 pm
Just to be on the safe side, don't. Eric Reich finds everybody.
Hey can reach me here if he needs a word.
By RichardLess
I’d also please love a DM if you would be so kind.
By Davideverona
DM me too.

I had a blast comparing all the fake plot leaks from Afterlife with the real product.

I'll keep these notes to myself and I'll compare them with the Firehouse I'll see in a theater.
mrmichaelt liked this
By DoctorPepper
Welp what I saw was a gag. Talked with Eric at ghost corps. Here is the breakdown I saw.

-Staten Island Ferry Haunting.
-Ray summons his dead father.
-Stealing Plutonium from University
-Rays store burns down
-Mention of an engagement ring.
-Terror Dog bites Venkmans arm off.
-Traveling to the astral plain
-Time traveling. Something with the old west and a tesla coil, also a pirate ship.
- An Island of Terror Dogs.
-A ghostbuster wedding..thinking Venkman and Dana.
By DancingToaster
DoctorPepper wrote: December 31st, 2022, 5:04 pm
Welp what I saw was a gag. Talked with Eric at ghost corps. Here is the breakdown I saw.

-Staten Island Ferry Haunting.
-Ray summons his dead father.
-Stealing Plutonium from University
-Rays store burns down
-Mention of an engagement ring.
-Terror Dog bites Venkmans arm off.
-Traveling to the astral plain
-Time traveling. Something with the old west and a tesla coil, also a pirate ship.
- An Island of Terror Dogs.
-A ghostbuster wedding..thinking Venkman and Dana.
Good thing that was a gag! Sounds like it would have been an....interesting... movie if it was true. As for Venkman and Dana, their scene in Afterlife heavily implies that they're already married ;)

I'm mainly hoping that they don't make the plot overly complicated.
By LeoCor Replicas
Jason Reitman posted a photo the other day with him and Gil Kenan in construction outfits on what appeared to be a partially-constructed set of the what I can only assume is the interior of the Firehouse. I heard that the original location is either in the process of, or soon going-to-be turned into a youth center, which I can only assume would make it difficult or downright impossible to continue using as a filming location, since the interior is probably going to look very different. One of the Afterlife Ecto-1 props was also seen arriving in Scotland. the ending of Afterlife seemed to suggest that the next film would be set in New York, but I'm wondering if they'll actually have it also take place partially outside the U.S.
By Kingpin
LeoCor Replicas wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 5:30 pmI heard that the original location is either in the process of, or soon going-to-be turned into a youth center
You heard correct. The last photos to crop up were uploaded around last Halloween, showing the conversion/conservation work in Fire Station №23 in-progress, but with a long way yet to go.

Based on the plans that were found it looks like there will be some big visible changes (such as the installation of I-beams in what I believe is part of the work to bring the station up to California's current earthquake codes, and the installation of a glass feature near the front set of apparatus bay doors), and these (along possibly with the youth arts center's management) may reduce the chances we'll see №23 used as the Firehouse again.

The appearance of Wrecto-1 at Glasgow has led to speculation the set recreation of Fire Station №23's apparatus bay is in the UK, possibly down at Pinewood Studios. Time will tell is sooner or later if that speculation is on the money. :)
LeoCor Replicas liked this
By timeware
Good thing that was a gag! Sounds like it would have been an....interesting... movie if it was true. As for Venkman and Dana, their scene in Afterlife heavily implies that they're already married ;)

I'm mainly hoping that they don't make the plot overly complicated.
If that's the case they could have had a few kids. Oscar 2, Peter Jr, Viggy, Carpathian, Kitten, and Loss.
By Seth Rex
I don't know about plot points, but I imagine the pic of
This Post Contains Spoilers
. I mean, there have been no casting news yet, yet here we have a pic of
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on April 22nd, 2023, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
By Evilchumlee
Rookie99 wrote: December 31st, 2022, 7:24 pm Time traveling Ghostbusters? Sounds like someone has some...displaced aggression! (I'm not funny.)
The Staten Island Ferry would be a pretty cool setting for a bust, though. Not a bad idea.
One of the IDW comics did time travel... in a post-apocalyptic future where Gozer won, but was no stuck ravaging Earth as Mr. Stay Puft.

Eventually, Stay Puft is just... bored and feels absolutely ridiculous, begging the Ghostbusters to find a time travelling ghost to go back and prevent him from winning.
By Specter Mitcher
The only plot "leak" I'd be excited to hear about is Reitman realizing he should actively avoid the storyline of elementary-school aged children saving the world. It was a bad move for Afterlife, and it's going to be a catastrophically bad move for Frozen Empire if they chose to reprise that trope. Two movies in a row that focus on a group of kids is just going to make the whole franchise feel like it's now...aimed squarely at kids.
By zeta otaku
Specter Mitcher wrote: December 18th, 2023, 10:58 am The only plot "leak" I'd be excited to hear about is Reitman realizing he should actively avoid the storyline of elementary-school aged children saving the world. It was a bad move for Afterlife, and it's going to be a catastrophically bad move for Frozen Empire if they chose to reprise that trope. Two movies in a row that focus on a group of kids is just going to make the whole franchise feel like it's now...aimed squarely at kids.
https://youtu.be/bMOzvxQHywM?t=29

Anyway, I don't think anything has really gotten out aside from what's been gleaned from the trailer along with some character names from a Funko Pop listing.
By Specter Mitcher
zeta otaku wrote: December 18th, 2023, 11:15 am
https://youtu.be/bMOzvxQHywM?t=29

Anyway, I don't think anything has really gotten out aside from what's been gleaned from the trailer along with some character names from a Funko Pop listing.
Sorry that you dislike my take on the proper direction for the Frozen Empire plot...but I am personally rather confident in my assessment of what the ramifications will be if they stick with the same flavor of storytelling. If you love that particular type of plot, all the more power to you, but that love for kids saving the day is not shared by the general adult moviegoing audience. Even for an avid GB1 and GB2 fan like myself, the rewatch factor for GBA has been nil.
By Kingpin
Regardless of the strength of feeling behind them, this is not a topic for discussing the pros and cons of the current story/premise direction of the Ghostbusters movie franchise.

We already have a dedicated "Ghostbusters: Afterlife" Feature Talkback Thread, and one for next year's film:
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire News Thread (Potential Afterlife Spoilers)
, so we don't need to go turning this topic into another discussion along those lines.

I'll leave this topic here for a day or two, but will fold it into the main discussion topic as I'm not convinced we need this as a separate thread from the main discussion, as that is likely to discuss any supposed plot leaks we might encounter.
zeta otaku liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]