Discuss the upcoming 4th movie, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire to be released in March 2024.
A fun scene could be Janine interviewing a bunch of people - maybe with Venkman's (or another OGs) help. This opens up an opportunity for some jokes with various comedic actors that only need to make brief cameos. Then Venkman can have a newfound appreciation for the insanity that Janine had to deal with back in the 80s.
JonXCTrack wrote: April 27th, 2022, 7:59 am A fun scene could be Janine interviewing a bunch of people - maybe with Venkman's (or another OGs) help. This opens up an opportunity for some jokes with various comedic actors that only need to make brief cameos. Then Venkman can have a newfound appreciation for the insanity that Janine had to deal with back in the 80s.
Training should include catching Slimer in some kind of controlled environment, build like a hotel floor. That should be hilarious to watch as a montage, especially if Venkman is involved, safely behind the special glass ofcourse.

Someone gets slimed and Venkman goes all 'classic rookie mistake'.
Not gonna lie, I would love a Ghostbusters Movie made by Roland Emmerich. What kind of weird movie would that be? Alien ghosts posses Mars and want to switch place with Earth? Stop hogging the best spot, Meatbags.

Actually, a few short stories made for tv/YouTube by various directors set in GB Universe, would be really fun.

Aliens did it some time ago and I really dug that vibe.

If those aliens are Klingon's from Uranus I'm out. Lol. Sounds like Roland took that idea from L. Ron Hubbard or Gene Roddenberry.
If it turns out that there's no time jump it may mean that they've already filmed the movies back to back. If that's the case (most likely not but maybe) Ghostbusters 4 will still be doing the back and forth between NY, and OK. They already did the origin story so I see them jumping right into the thick of things with the new film.

They kept things pretty much under wrap during the whole pandemic so again, who knows.
They shot the scene with the Ecto-1 entering the Firehouse in August 2021.

This led me to think that between 2019 and 2021 they thinkered with ideas for a sequel, deciding to add a stint that suggest what happens next.
Maybe some ideas were put down even writing Afterlife... You know: "It would be cool if this happens but we don't have room for it... Let's keep it for a sequel"
RedSpecial, deadderek, Prime 1986 and 4 others liked this
timeware wrote: April 27th, 2022, 3:04 pm If it turns out that there's no time jump it may mean that they've already filmed the movies back to back. If that's the case (most likely not but maybe) Ghostbusters 4 will still be doing the back and forth between NY, and OK. They already did the origin story so I see them jumping right into the thick of things with the new film.

They kept things pretty much under wrap during the whole pandemic so again, who knows.
It's not impossible, but it's plausible that not knowing if they'd be doing a sequel, the only additional material filmed after the main bulk of the shooting was the Firehouse scenes. There's a good chance that if we see any of the kids in the next movie, there won't be any material of them as they looked in 2020/21... It'll be how they'll look contemporary to 2023/24/25.
deadderek liked this
Batdan wrote: April 27th, 2022, 10:11 am
Roland Emerich? Maybe theres this haunted clock inhabited by the Ghost of a butler to a wealthy old man.

And two young Ghostbusters have to solve the mystery behind the clock and follow the clues that lead to old mans mansion with the help of the ghostly butler, who posesses a doll that the young Ghostbusters made so they can communicate with him.

…this is the plot of Roland Emerich’s Ghost Chase from 1987. Forgot to punctuate that obscure reference. Actually a decent indie-film from back then if you wanna check it out.
Last edited by BatDan on April 28th, 2022, 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin wrote: April 27th, 2022, 6:17 amI mean... We did have the guys suited up... Is it essential to see them getting dressed?
Especially given it's something that doesn't actually appear in either (or in fact any) of the previous movies! The closest we get in any of the pre-Afterlife films is Louis being zipped up by Janine in Ghostbusters II, and the only time we see one of the "main" Ghostbusters suit up is Trevor glancing at Lucky putting on the jumpsuit in Afterlife.

I still think it is not going to be a big name director. It's true that Waititi has been lured into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but otherwise, you have to remember that Ghostbusters is an intimidating franchise to take on, and this is also the fourth movie in the series, the fifth movie overall. It's a gig that comes with both obligations and responsibilities. It's more likely that whoever we get will be a smaller name than Wright, Raimi, Waititi, etc. The essential thing is less whether or not their talents would suit them to a Ghostbusters movie, but what would drive them creatively to want to do it? Where are they at in their careers? What does the opportunity mean for them in their careers? Not everyone is chomping at the bit to do any franchise movies, much less Ghostbusters specifically. It's clear that Jason had emotional and artistic reasons for doing the movie -- that's the kind of thing you're looking for (even though, of course, nobody is going to have Jason's kind of emotional reasons).

Ruben Fleischer was one of the only people that Sony talked to who actually wanted the gig back when it was Alive Again, and he's turned out consistent hits for the studio with the two Zombieland movies and the first Venom. I would also agree with the person who suggested Jake Kasdan as a possibility following the two newer Jumanji movies. I also wouldn't be 100% shocked to hear that Jon Watts is of interest following his successful Spider-Man run at Sony. They could also potentially lure Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg off of "Cobra Kai," although they might not want to leave, and their movie work has not been nearly as successful as the show.
Kingpin liked this
Phoebe and the Spengler’s have to return. It would not make any sense if they didn’t.

Make Mr. Grooberson a GB and find a role for Podcast.

Introduce Winston and Ray’s families. They don’t have to become GB but they deserve some attention.

Muncher is Slimer’s counterpart...make a Stay Puft counterpart. Not a giant just an equally cute monster. Doesn’t even have to be food related.

I agree about no Vigo. I think the “death is a door, time is a window” thing is intriguing but not right now.

Explain the Egon/Ray feud a little more to better understand why he did not believe him. Just make it come off better. Still hard to swallow for me.

Someone mentioned updating the equipment. I totally agree. You can give the traditional designs a refresh...I would still love a Proton Pack with a Trapping feature.
I just can't see the Spenglers moving to NYC after already moving to Oklahoma to start a new life. I definately can't see Lucky or Trevor wanting to be GBs, sure they helped in Afterlife but they weren't as passionate about it as Phoebe and Podcast. Even so, they're still in school. I also remember reading somewhere that they specifically wanted new ghosts for the Oklahoma area, hence no Slimer. So I can't see them bringing Muncher back either.

I think a new team is in order and perhaps Phoebe can join down the road when she's out of school or something. Unless they do a massive time-jump, but then they'd have to age the surviving GBs even more than what they already are.
Phoebe and maybe Trevor could be interns for Winston and Ray or as others have mentioned they visit during vacation and get caught up in things.

It does not make any sense to switch focus and recruit a whole new team when they just met Egon’s family who helped catch Gozer. I’m sure you can come up with something to include them again.
tylergfoster liked this
WCat2000 wrote:It does not make any sense to switch focus and recruit a whole new team when they just met Egon’s family who helped catch Gozer.
It does. Winston and Ray aren't going to do the day to day cases. Winston isn't going to hire 4 minors. He has to hire and form a new team. There's going to be new characters, I have no doubt about it and it's not going to be a bad thing. Like I said before, Afterlife had 3 generations of protagonists in the cast: the OGBs, Callie and Gary, and the children. I think it's logical that will remain in the sequel. The only ones I'm not sure will or need to return are Peter and Dana. They're upstate living their life. I get the red flag is that would mean a big main cast of 13: Ray, Winston, Janine, Callie, Gary, Phoebe, Trevor, Podcast, Lucky, and 4 new characters. I think that will be the challenge, managing that many characters and making sure some don't fall to the wayside. As for the focus, I think the focus can still be on Phoebe and co. and them acting as the audience surrogate, meeting the new team already in operation.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: April 28th, 2022, 4:12 am
WCat2000 wrote:It does not make any sense to switch focus and recruit a whole new team when they just met Egon’s family who helped catch Gozer.
It does. Winston and Ray aren't going to do the day to day cases. Winston isn't going to hire 4 minors. He has to hire and form a new team. There's going to be new characters, I have no doubt about it and it's not going to be a bad thing. Like I said before, Afterlife had 3 generations of protagonists in the cast: the OGBs, Callie and Gary, and the children. I think it's logical that will remain in the sequel. The only ones I'm not sure will or need to return are Peter and Dana. They're upstate living their life. I get the red flag is that would mean a big main cast of 13: Ray, Winston, Janine, Callie, Gary, Phoebe, Trevor, Podcast, Lucky, and 4 new characters. I think that will be the challenge, managing that many characters and making sure some don't fall to the wayside. As for the focus, I think the focus can still be on Phoebe and co. and them acting as the audience surrogate, meeting the new team already in operation.
Ya I didn’t mean Phoebe and Trevor would just start leading a new team but they should still be part of the main cast...or just Phoebe if Trevor isn’t interested.

I don’t think they need 4 new recruits though. Mr. Grooberson should be one. I don’t know if Paul Rudd wants to return but he’s always been a popular choice and he’s established now.

Instead of picking up with a new team already in operation I think it’d be funny if Phoebe sits in on interviews and makes it hard for Winston to pick anyone because she doesn’t consider them qualified.

Off the top of my head I don’t know exactly what I’d do. I’ve been wanting to think it over.

As for Peter and Dana I assume Bill Murray is completely done with this.
WCat2000 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 5:35 am I don’t think they need 4 new recruits though. Mr. Grooberson should be one. I don’t know if Paul Rudd wants to return but he’s always been a popular choice and he’s established now.

Instead of picking up with a new team already in operation I think it’d be funny if Phoebe sits in on interviews and makes it hard for Winston to pick anyone because she doesn’t consider them qualified.
I've given my two cents on those around page 3 or 4 so in brief, on the fence with the former (love Paul but not sure if Gary should be a GB) and yeah, the latter could be great comedy.

viewtopic.php?p=4968350#p4968350

viewtopic.php?p=4968669#p4968669
As for Peter and Dana I assume Bill Murray is completely done with this.
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking they would be a factor. The mid tag in AL was the perfect conclusion to their arc, imo. Very full circle from Peter's first scene in GB1. But I'd be fine with Oscar or their other child being one of the new adult recruits.
Well, this could make an interesting bet.

To me it seems almost a 100% locked-in that Phoebe and Podcast will be two of the new Ghostbusters team.

They already set up Lucky's arc of wanting to leave Summerville, and by the time this comes out they'll be able to justify it as Winston granting Phoebe at least a scholarship, or the family moving back to NYC for reasons. They setup a mentor style relationship between Podcast and Ray. Plus, there'll be a decent time skip by the time the next one rolls out.

Outside of Phoebe and Podcast the remaining Afterlife cast are expendable for a sequel. So I could see them bringing some new cast members but I don't see them recruiting 4x new adult Ghostbusters.

Side note: They could totally do a tangential mini-series set in Summerville with some of the Afterlife cast cleaning up any "residual" ghosts from the portal and then delving into the history of the town a bit more.
Alphagaia liked this
Bill after shooting Afterlife: alright i put the damn suit and pack on, are ya happy now? Can i go?

However, they may repurpose unused Afterlife footage for the new one. So well probably see old Pete someway, somehow.

It is bizarre how they only released one deleted scene and left so much on the cutting room floor, only seeing specks on Behind the scenes.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:16 am Well, this could make an interesting bet.

To me it seems almost a 100% locked-in that Phoebe and Podcast will be two of the new Ghostbusters team.

They already set up Lucky's arc of wanting to leave Summerville, and by the time this comes out they'll be able to justify it as Winston granting Phoebe at least a scholarship, or the family moving back to NYC for reasons. They setup a mentor style relationship between Podcast and Ray. Plus, there'll be a decent time skip by the time the next one rolls out.

Outside of Phoebe and Podcast the remaining Afterlife cast are expendable for a sequel. So I could see them bringing some new cast members but I don't see them recruiting 4x new adult Ghostbusters.

Side note: They could totally do a tangential mini-series set in Summerville with some of the Afterlife cast cleaning up any "residual" ghosts from the portal and then delving into the history of the town a bit more.
That's assuming Celeste O'Connor hasn't burned any bridges.
BatDan wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:33 am Bill after shooting Afterlife: alright i put the damn suit and pack on, are ya happy now? Can i go?

However, they may repurpose unused Afterlife footage for the new one. So well probably see old Pete someway, somehow.

It is bizarre how they only released one deleted scene and left so much on the cutting room floor, only seeing specks on Behind the scenes.
The "Extras" on the Afterlife release are a complete joke. It is my STRONG belief they're holding all the "good" stuff for the inevitable big box set in 2024. You'll never convince me otherwise.
Teenage love never lasts, I don't think losing Lucky would be a big deal at all. Her character was woefully underused anyways. Trevor being a Spengler would be more important to keep around.
may they`ll do so...who cares...after all I won't waste my time watching it. I was disappointed by the last one so much. I think it's the way (I'm 40) we remember movies or how we saw movies and the impact they made on us at least on me.

I call it the golden era and it's over. It's gone. Movies aren't made like back in the late 70's or 80's.

The simple use of well known props and well known faces alone doesn't make a good movie (regarding the last one).

No flaming or hate here, it's cool if you like the last one. Just my 2cents.
CitizenBuster liked this
RETURNING AFTERLIFE CAST

Phoebe and Podcast. I have a strong psychic belief that the recent pics of those two were from a Sony pitch meeting.
Phoebe was 13 in Afterlife. By the time the new movie comes out she'll be 16, she can be an intern for Winston and a R&D Ghostbusters. The same goes for Podcast.

Lucky: nope. Celeste enthusiasm for the movie was never really there.

Trevor: he'll be 20 something so he can be an active Ghostbuster.

Gary and Callie: why not? They can relocate to NY, since Egon's farm requires too much money to make it useful for a family. Plus, Paul Rudd as a Ghostbuster!!!

ORIGINAL CAST RETURNING

Ray and Winston: absolutely yes. They're the heart and soul. Plus, Ray is the only one left who has the technical knowledge of the ghostbusting.

Janine: yes.

Peter: every time someone says "Bill Murray is done with the franchise" he agree to star in a Ghostbusters project. So, maybe he'll surprise us one more time.

NEW CAST

Someone hired to be in the new team. It could lead to an interesting internal conflict: they're jealous of the Afterlife people because they were the first to seal a friendship with the original Ghostbusters
deadderek, Sav C liked this
WCat2000 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 5:35 am As for Peter and Dana I assume Bill Murray is completely done with this.
And I think we'll make our peace with the film franchise being completely done with Murray without having to worry about any sleepless nights... He's more of an inconvenience than an asset these days.
Bison256 wrote: April 28th, 2022, 9:08 am She was caused drama because people weren't using the "right" pronoun.
Whether she returns or not is her choice... And I'm not convinced her coming out as nonbinary was nearly as big an issue as you seem to think it was.
Alphagaia, zeta otaku, tylergfoster and 5 others liked this
Didn't Murray's recent on-set bullshit totally shut down production of 'Being Mortal'? Like Kingpin said, I think it best to continue without Murray being a focal point. Venkman can continue on as name drops.

Assmuing the movie comes out in 2024

Trevor could be either in the city college touring (if going by real-time, the character would be 18/19) or just working and living at GBHQ (there are living quarters there, so why not?)

Phoebe would be 15/16... kinda difficult to put a teen that young in the field OFFICIALLY... but then again you can start working (with limits) at the age of 14 in New York, so... maybe? Definitely the new team tech head.

Podcast (please can we learn his name so we can stop calling him that?!) could be Ray's understudy, becoming the new lore guy, but put him there visiting his friends or something.

Lucky... outside of reusing the college tour/fully working at GBHQ, hard to really find a place for her that couldn't be filled by a new hire. Though, her being briefly possessed by the herald of a destroyer god could work for a new story.

Callie and Grooberson cameos at best. I love the actors, but I don't see them as Ghostbusters (okay, let Rudd wear a pack briefly. Let him have that).

I want to see new members, maybe one of Winston's kids. I'd LOVE for an explanation from Ray on why Egon left his family in the 80s (doesn't have to be this big thing that drives the plot, but it'd be NICE). No Vigo. No. He isn't needed and would detract from the film. I'd love for a Ghostsmashers-type story where another paranormal elimination company formed after Egon forced Ghostbusters to shut down. The new group's gear KINDA works, but they're also schemers using tech to bring ghosts into the world to bust so they don't go out of business themselves.
Depending on what happens with the Netflix movie that got put on hold because of Murray's unidentified behavior, Sony might finally not even want Bill back. (EDIT: Jinx.)

I think we get Winston as active mentor figure and Dan as eccentric uncle, running the bookstore. It works out pretty well, with Winston being more involved with the tools and the business end of things (and thus more present if the action is set in and around the firehouse), and Ray being a repository of knowledge/research. I agree that Lucky probably falls by the wayside -- her character was kind of sidelined in the movie and it's easiest to write her character out.

I said it before, but to me it makes the most sense to have Phoebe and Podcast invited to Ghostbusters HQ over a summer vacation. Phoebe does it because she wants to learn more about Egon's history, Podcast because he's a ghost nut, and both together because they're friends. Mom and Trevor can show up later when he's visiting colleges and you either write it so that Lucky and him are still together and she's just still in Summerville, or you can say she already left for a different college (since she's older anyway). Rudd is optional but I still think it makes sense if he gets involved, either as a Ghostbuster recruit, or he shows up with Mom and Trevor as Mom's boyfriend.
Kingpin, zeta otaku liked this
Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]