--What we know--
1. The assembly cut was 3 hours. The theatrical cut is close to 2 hours. The home release will have a "few deleted scenes."
Source: Collider Interviews 11/24/2021
Jason: "The first cut was easily over three hours and and now we're down to I think an hour, 56 with credits so it's it's way more slim."/"Yeah, that's the assembly cut."
--Scenes in previews or B-roll we now know are deleted material--
1. Man in hardware store from trailer 1, Mini-Pufts on shelf
Source: B-roll taken from press site, 6:15 mark
2. Close up of eviction notice from trailer 1
3. Shot of lower halves as they exit the apartment with their luggage in trailer 1
4. Wisp that shoots out of mine to teens is green in trailer 1
5. When Grooberson looks at Trap, mist is green in trailer
6. Phoebe soldering in trailer 2
7. Doritos shot at Phoebe during class
8. Sheriff's office, officer stands during an earthquake
9. Phoebe wearing Proton Pack in barley field
10. Restaurant table slimed?
11. Trevor working on Ecto engine, Phoebe strolls by "You went with the station wagon?"/Trevor, "It's the only one that had an engine"
12. Podcast after gunner seat is accidentally activated "I love this car!"
13. Skeletal animal ghost, seen at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights 2019 Orlando
https://twitter.com/SunshineFrights/sta ... 3433341952
https://twitter.com/Liverstealer/status ... 6372900865
14. Winston's Z logo/business card in the end tag?
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qM1YGJ-U0 ... e1vy11m5lj
15. Tobin's Spirit Guide cover
16. The famous photo (from trailer 2) of the four guys with Egon w/cigarette
17. Callie shows Gary the kitchen???
18. Alternate angles of Miner Ghost
19. (Alternate take) Grooberson talks to Vinz in Walmart with a "Hey, budd--" then roar but in the movie it's "Hey--" then roar.
20. (Alternate take) Janine says "I wouldn't say nothing" (in movie, left a sizeable debt)
21. (Alternate take) Muncher in differing positions between trailers when bins across from Empress shot.
22. (Alternate take) In Trailer #1 Phoebe opens the floor puzzle with left hand, in Trailer #2 with her right hand
--Digital erasures/additions/changes in Trailers/Movie--
1. Summerville water tower, "Summerville" added later
2. Wisp that shoots out of mine shaft, green to orange
3. Grooberson holding up Trap, green to regular puff
4. Proton Stream colors during Muncher chase
5. P.K.E. Meter removed when Phoebe finds trap in floor space
6. RTV removed during Muncher chase
7. "Empress" removed from signage by Trailer #3
8. Gozer's eyes changed from red to black, Olivia suggested more spikes to costume
Source: Crossrip #743
After 36:47 mark, Arjen Tuiten, "I did give her red eyes actually and surprised to see i post production they turned them black for some reason."
After 37:58 mark, Arjen Tuiten, "The spikes were actually something that Olivia came up with. She said, 'Oh it would kind of nice if we had some little bit more spikes to tie in with the Terror Dog.' And I liked that a lot and gives her a sense of danger as well.
9. Muncher is erased where he is at the hydrant in Trailer #1
--Confirmed Deleted Scenes--
1. Phoebe running in a field with the Proton Pack on, turning corn into popcorn with it
Source: Collider Interviews YT 11/15/2021, 5:19 mark
Mckenna "My hardest scene was one that got cut out as well. Yeah, there was a whole bit where I took the Proton Pack out into a field and so that was like an entire day of just lugging this huge thing. I had like red marks all up and down my shoulders afterwards like my shoulders were raw from it rubbing because they were like doing this light pack and and I was like 'no, it looks better with the heavy pack' and it was just me like running through this field with this thing on for and the acting like doing that is so hard it's just 'Ah.' and he's like be louder. 'Ah! Oh!' It was really difficult. There was like bugs all over but it was still like the coolest.
Source: Polygon 11/21/2021
Jason "I’m not sure if that’s because I had a daughter, but I just saw her with a proton pack. Originally she was in a field of corn. She fired into the corn and the corn popped up into popcorn, she ate the popcorn and smiled. That was it."
Source: Yes Have Some 11/25/2021
Jason: "The image I always had was brings it out into a row of corn, fires it into the corn, the corn becomes popcorn, flies in the air and she catches it and she eats it like that was the image and we actually tried to shoot that. We we didn't quite pull it off and that's why it's not in the movie but but when I talked to Gil about it and Gil and I had been writing together and I really trust Gil as a storyteller and Gil's also an animator who who made Monster House and and Poltergeist and you know just has a sense of science fiction and horror that you know that isn't just not part of what I've done."
Source: B-roll taken from press site, 9:44 mark
Source: Ghostbusters News/Art and Making Of The Movie
2. Room Stuff
Source: Collider Interviews YouTube 2:25-2:32 mark 11/15/2021
Mckenna Grace says: "There was a whole like plot point that was like room stuff and it's really cool but it ended up working out so well."
3. A whole plot point was changed
Source: Collider Interviews YouTube 3:11-3:17 mark 11/15/2021
Mckenna Grace says: "Yeah, there was like a whole plot point that that's different."
4. Longer version of Trevor and Celeste leaving work to hang with her friends
Collider Interviews YouTube 4:13-4:51 mark 11/15/2021
Finn Wolfhard says: "I'd say the most complicated is actually a shot that wasn't in the movie, it's like this Boogie Nights one take shot that actually makes the movie like longer. It's a really cool but it's like-it doesn't-there's a scene where like Celeste O'Connor's character Lucky asked me to go hang out with her firends and I'm cleaning and then I take off my apron and I go and I get in the car. with them. That was like a way longer scene. It was like she's like 'You coming with?' I'm like 'Yeah' and I see her walk out of the door and then I follow her to the window and I see her and I follow her and uh it's like a one take and I take off all my stuff and I run out the door then I jump in to the cars-the car is moving as the car is moving."
5. Podcast eating ectoplasm
EW YouTube 2:35 mark 11/19/2021
Logan Kim says, "I ate ectoplasm. That was an experience. Although it was disgusted, no taste, eww. It was all slimy in my mouth. I still had a very good time enjoying it with my pudding."
Jason Reitman says, "I know, it was cut out of the film, too. That's the real problem."
6. Slimed waitress in Chinese restaurant
Source: B-roll taken from press site, 7:00 mark
7. Grooberson tells Podcast and Phoebe in classroom, a movie about the Ghostbusters was made in the 90s
Source: B-roll taken from press site, 7:30 mark
8. More of Zuul attacking Egon in the chair.
Source: Crossrip #743
After 40:17 mark, Arjen Tuiten, "Unfortunately, the cut is so fast, we don't see quite what they are. Because what we shot was quite violent actually. Grabbing him and basically that's it. That's the end of Egon."
9. Ray insulting Gozer using Hawaiian god Pele
Source: Vanity Fair
"While Hudson prepared to take his shot, Reitman encouraged Aykroyd to join in the verbal jabs. "For Stantz, I feel like your insults would be about her actual cosmic properties," the director said. Akyroyd nodded, agreeing that Gozer might feel some insecurity about rival deities. "Hawaiians have better gods than you!" he shouted. "Pele could kick your ass!""
10. When Phoebe and Podcast duck in the Foundry, they shout "Incoming!"
(1:01:50-1:02:14) "And I remember there's once where the kids were ducking behind a uh-right in the scene where they the Muncher starts firing the stuff at them at the very beginning, it's like bullets. Okay, right tight and the kids are ducking behind it and they were saying like "Get down!" and they're trying all these other things and and they're just like 'it doesn't sound right' and I'm like well I go 'in the infantry' and I'm like oh (shit)."
(1:02:23-1:02:33) When things are coming at you, the universal scream is "Incoming!" and he's and he's like 'that's it. Okay, let's try it: incoming. You got it?' Did I make a line?
(1:02:43) It got cut.