Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Too short for YT, here's a small video of the guys suited up and in character from Dan's daughter Bella:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1466652014910361600
I did a quick search of the thread and I don’t *think* this has been mentioned before, but when Venkman is in the ground giving his long speech about breaking up with Gozer, there’s a split second where Reitman must have thought he paused for too long and speeds up the footage, like someone might speed up a fight scene to make it seem more violent.

It’s weird and it’s definitely out of place, and I’ve seen it twice now so it wasn’t imagination. Did anyone else catch it?

Ghostbusters Afterlife sound design and score

Also, what are your theories regarding the X-ray images we see in the background when Phoebe discovers the lab?

My easter egg funny one: Louis Tully's brain after he became a terror dog.

My very unfunny one: Egon was fatally ill, and that's what drove him to rush to save the world from doomsday, even when it meant breaking all bonds. It would add another layer to the "opening" discussion if Egon commits suicide or not.
You guys noticed the pit called out Phoebe's name right?

(this is NOT a pirated shot, it's from a phone promo)
GBfan_CH wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:59 pm It’s weird and it’s definitely out of place, and I’ve seen it twice now so it wasn’t imagination. Did anyone else catch it?
I'm re-watching my advance digital copy right now and still don't see it. :/
Ecto24601 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:34 am

Also, what are your theories regarding the X-ray images we see in the background when Phoebe discovers the lab?

My very unfunny one: Egon was fatally ill, and that's what drove him to rush to save the world from doomsday, even when it meant breaking all bonds. It would add another layer to the "opening" discussion if Egon commits suicide or not.
I love these in-depth behind-the-scenes videos.
gamera1968 liked this
Something that hit me last night while seeing it again. Anyone else notice the end of the movie is super similar to the first scene from the first episode of RGB?

Afterlife ends with what Ghosts R US starts with...shot of NYC skyline, sound of Ecto-1 siren shot of car as theme song starts. I'm sure its coincidence but still kinda neat.
Corey91 wrote:
Davideverona wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 11:23 pm Why Dan's gun is not hooked to the pack? That's Something I noticed in the movie too
I noticed that the first time I saw the movie, too. I unfortunately think it has to do with his age/weight and not being able to reach that far behind him.
When Ray has his thrower over his right shoulder as Venkman is smack talking Gozer, you can see that the dixie cup bracket is bent 90 degrees from the direction it should be going. I suspect that something happened to Aykroyd's pack/thrower that they didn't have time to fix. So instead of having Ray with his thrower holstered, he just slung it over his shoulder instead.
jonogunn wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 10:31 pm
Wafflerobot wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 9:48 pm Sorry if this was already posted, but here is 12 minutes of Behind the scenes footage:
There are some really good shots of the cyclotron lights!
Interesting how theyre also playing the proton beam sound when it's firing. Seems to be built into the pack. I wonder what the orioginal Ecto was doing on set if it was never used in the movie.
Ecto24601 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:34 am

Loved this! Thanks for posting it. Time flew in that interview.
Ecto24601 wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:34 am Also, what are your theories regarding the X-ray images we see in the background when Phoebe discovers the lab?

Huhn, that would be funny if those were Louis and Dana's brain scans. I thought it was a nod to when Egon tried to drill a hole in his head.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 2nd, 2021, 4:10 pm If anyone missed out, AMC put the popcorn holder back up but it's backordered until next month.
https://www.amctheatresmoviemerchandise ... tainer.htm

Jason posted a photo of when Logan tried on the Ecto Goggles for the first time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW_MOOyJVue/

Jason also posted an instagram story with a photo of the Shandor truck
https://www.instagram.com/stories/jason ... 573211153/
Can anyone tell what it says before 1954? Lol Egon probably couldn't find a chalkboard and used the car instead.
TheManEatingToaster wrote: December 3rd, 2021, 7:49 pm Can anyone tell what it says before 1954? Lol Egon probably couldn't find a chalkboard and used the car instead.
I believe it says Ford Fargo and 1954 is the model year

But Isn't that a different truck than the one Egon drives in the beginning?

I think this one is it:

Ron Daniels wrote:The truck from the opening scene was a GMC.
Good catch. Dang. Yeah, Fargo eventually became Dodge . I conflated Fargo and GMC being the same thing. Huh. Did we see any other trucks parked at the Foundry or the Mine property...

EDIT: Yeah, I looked at the Proton Pack test scene, and there appears to be a truck amid the vehicles around them in the background. That could be it.

EDIT2: YHS did an interview with Ben Eadie.

-32:37: Bill Murray gave Ben Eadie a gift, a free massage, but he mistook it as Bill's script and tried give it back. Bill called him a dumbass.

-1:01:50: Ben suggested "Incoming!" when Muncher shoots at Phoebe and Podcast recalling his infantry training and Ivan liked it but it was cut

-56:11: Peter White and members of the Alberta Ghostbusters worked on the trap array in the mine. Shannon Chapel worked on the P.K.E. Meter that controls it.

-1:04:52: Ben was piloting an RTV on the dirt road scene, it ran over some rocks and ended up under a camera truck and blew up and ignited. Jason found it funny. Ben took the remains home after being told to throw it away with the intention of rebuilding it.

-1:08:08: The props in the Trap Field are Spirit Traps. There are over a hundred.

-1:10:00 Shannon Chapel made foam rubber trap for the opening scene. Ben couldn't tell it from the other trap props.
Just saw that podcast and came here to say that supposedly the original GBs had their Ghostbusters 2 pack (they specifically made them with GB2 ribbon cables) and Ben’s theory is that Egon took the older 84 stuff.

That is SO freaking cool that the Spirit traps made it into the movie...going full circle. Now no matter what anyone ever says, the Spirit traps are 100% screen accurate :lol:

I knew I recognized the doors from somewhere.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 4th, 2021, 6:53 am Just saw that podcast and came here to say that supposedly the original GBs had their Ghostbusters 2 pack (they specifically made them with GB2 ribbon cables) and Ben’s theory is that Egon took the older 84 stuff.

That is SO freaking cool that the Spirit traps made it into the movie...going full circle. Now no matter what anyone ever says, the Spirit traps are 100% screen accurate :lol:

I knew I recognized the doors from somewhere.

Is there really such a thing as "screen accurate"? With the way these props chop and change scene by scene i think "scene accurate" makes more sense as a terminology. The gb2 courtroom scene for instance their packs change numerous times 1 minute its a hero pack, then a semi hero then back to being a hero pack. Sometimes it seems like they change for no real reason as well.
deadderek liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]