Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
AJ Quick wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:26 pm
Corey91 wrote: January 12th, 2022, 9:35 am BTS of Bob Gunton in prosthetics and makeup as Egon. (First pic is concept art obv)

Source: https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/blog/ ... -interview
Hey all, we had a request from the higher ups to remove this image. Please refrain from posting it. It's also been removed from the original article.
This is very odd.

Why would they want that image scrubbed from the internet? Like…they were on top of that. But we’ve seen Bob in the special features, Jason talked about him being the stand in. Something weird is happening here. If I had to guess, it’s either a dispute with the actor or an academy awards thing. If Sony is trying to get this movie a few technical Oscar nominations then the main achievement of the film would be CGI Harold Ramis, only this might give voters the incorrect impression it was a prosthetic Egon & not a highly complicated digital version. Which could cost them a nomination.

Just goes to show you that Sony monitors this site pretty damn closely.
Maybe, maybe not. I think when it comes to things like images and the such this is more then likely the first place they'd look just because GbFans is one of the more popular forums on the webs. Careful Richardless, that's not a Man in Black in the reflection of your mirror bud. Lol.
RichardLess wrote: January 12th, 2022, 7:09 pm
AJ Quick wrote: January 12th, 2022, 1:26 pm

Hey all, we had a request from the higher ups to remove this image. Please refrain from posting it. It's also been removed from the original article.
This is very odd.

Why would they want that image scrubbed from the internet? Like…they were on top of that. But we’ve seen Bob in the special features, Jason talked about him being the stand in. Something weird is happening here. If I had to guess, it’s either a dispute with the actor or an academy awards thing. If Sony is trying to get this movie a few technical Oscar nominations then the main achievement of the film would be CGI Harold Ramis, only this might give voters the incorrect impression it was a prosthetic Egon & not a highly complicated digital version. Which could cost them a nomination.

Well, that image was from the beginning, so it WAS a prosthetic Egon.

But odd it is. Maybe it was a Sony property being published without permission.

Sony, if you're listening.... Please give the Original Ghostbusters more screen time in the next movie. Thanks!
Davideverona wrote: Sony, if you're listening.... Please give the Original Ghostbusters more screen time in the next movie. Thanks!
The OG's aren't getting more screen time in the next movie! If that were possible, they'd have had more screentime in THIS movie. Sony doesn't have a choice in this.The whole point of their inclusion was a nod to the old fans whilst setting up a new cast. The best you can hope for is extended involvement from Ernie, and another cameo by Dan.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
The OG's even make it a point to say "we're finished." If you want to to read anything into that the best case scenario is Winston behind the desk, Dan on the phone again.

I will bet a crunch bar Ernie hands the fire house keys to the next person in charge, and drives off with a restored Ecto. Fifty/fifty says we don't see the Ecto being used again even though I want that to happen. Winston is going to make it a point to restore the Ecto and I doubt he'll let it be used on cases. Seeing Winston drive off into the sun set after giving new life to the company is a good way to close the chapter of the OG's for good.

New Big Bad-Most likely
New Vehicle-Most Likely
Restored Ecto-yes, but small cameo
Restored Fire House-yes, it will be the focus of marketing (Think rebranded cereal box to look like the fire house etc. )
Return of Remote Control Trap-Most Likely
Kids older-Maybe, time jump? Maybe
New Setting-Possible
Egon coming back-Not likely. He crossed over. (Maybe he comes back periodicly to check in on Phoebe, still plays chess with her every now and then)
Mini Pufts returning-yes. In small doses .
Terror dogs returning-No.
Slimer-yes and no. If the story takes place in New York little involvement, or after credits scene.
timeware wrote: January 12th, 2022, 10:21 pm
Maybe, maybe not. I think when it comes to things like images and the such this is more then likely the first place they'd look just because GbFans is one of the more popular forums on the webs. Careful Richardless, that's not a Man in Black in the reflection of your mirror bud. Lol.
I dunno, it looks like Tommy Lee Jones to me. Oh wait, never mind. It’s just an old leather chair.

In all seriousness Sony prob does have someone looking in on here from time to time. My ex use to have to read the message boards from the website Ain’t It Cool News & a couple others back in the day for the specific movies the studio was releasing & write a report. It was during the Twilight/Hunger Games era so you can imagine the shit she’d have to read.
Alphagaia wrote: January 12th, 2022, 9:07 pm It could also just be out of respect for Harold and to keep the ending at least a little bit a secret.
They have a toy Ghost of Egon out in the public. I don’t think it’s a respect or secret thing. I still don’t know what they were thinking with that toy. Even if the Ramis family approved it…it seems kinda gross & wrong. Sony has released all sorts of stuff on youtube spoiling the end while talking about the Harold Ramis of it all. There was even a chat with Adam Savage. So something else is going on me thinks.

It kinda surprised me there’s been no VFX breakdown of the effect.
timeware wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:58 am The OG's even make it a point to say "we're finished." If you want to to read anything into that the best case scenario is Winston behind the desk, Dan on the phone again.

I will bet a crunch bar Ernie hands the fire house keys to the next person in charge, and drives off with a restored Ecto. Fifty/fifty says we don't see the Ecto being used again even though I want that to happen. Winston is going to make it a point to restore the Ecto and I doubt he'll let it be used on cases. Seeing Winston drive off into the sun set after giving new life to the company is a good way to close the chapter of the OG's for good.

New Big Bad-Most likely
New Vehicle-Most Likely
Restored Ecto-yes, but small cameo
Restored Fire House-yes, it will be the focus of marketing (Think rebranded cereal box to look like the fire house etc. )
Return of Remote Control Trap-Most Likely
Kids older-Maybe, time jump? Maybe
New Setting-Possible
Egon coming back-Not likely. He crossed over. (Maybe he comes back periodicly to check in on Phoebe, still plays chess with her every now and then)
Mini Pufts returning-yes. In small doses .
Terror dogs returning-No.
Slimer-yes and no. If the story takes place in New York little involvement, or after credits scene.
He says that because they're about to be killed by Gozer.

At the end he introduces himself as being from the home office, doesn't sound retiring to me.

Anyway, it was irony. I know that it's not entirely Sony call to make. I still believe that Dan and Ernie will have a little more to do, think Doc Brown screen time.
starang11 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 8:57 am I think Box Office Mojo is smoking something. They have Germany's box office as $142 million, that can't be right? (it opened there to a little over 1 million)
Google and The Numbers still have it at $191 global.
Thought it was a bit odd as well, though with imdb and other sites reporting it, seemed legit.
starang11 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 9:05 am
Ecto24601 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 9:01 am It's a BIG typo in the German numbers. Unfortunately.
Ok which one you hacked the site to get the sequel fast-tracked 8)
It was me. I hacked the Gibson.
Something I think i noticed, although it could just be a mistake on my part but when Phoebe finds Egon's flight suit there appears to be a metal Slinky on the shelf on the left:

but then in the following shot when she takes out the Crunch wrapper out of his pocket, the slinky seems to have vanished:

And then in the following shot of her taking out Egon's glasses, the slinky (or whatever it is), it seems to come back:

I feel kinda bad for sharing this because I think it's one of those things you'll never unsee when watching the movie lol
Last edited by Wafflerobot on January 13th, 2022, 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
All right... I'm glad someone made this video.

For me, it demonstrates conclusively that the film's opening as-is is much better than what some fans had rolling around in their heads. You can't go from killing a character like Egon to the upbeat theme song. It's as jarring as it is tone def.

Besides, the use of the "intro" at the end of Afterlife with the Ecto-1 crossing the Brooklyn Bridge and the animated logo suggests new beginnings going forward.

Interesting experiment, but the filmmakers made the right choice with the intro they gave us.
Corey91, Sav C, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Wafflerobot wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:11 am Something I think i noticed, although it could just be a mistake on my part but when Phoebe finds Egon's flight suit there appears to be a metal Slinky on the shelf on the left:

but then in the following shot when she takes out the Crunch wrapper out of his pocket, the slinky seems to have vanished:

And then in the following shot of her taking out Egon's glasses, the slinky (or whatever it is), it seems to come back:

I feel kinda bad for sharing this because I think it's one of those things you'll never unsee when watching the movie lol
Theres a few bloopers in the movie, the one i pointed out where dan activates his wand for an instant near the end, ecto's lights being on and off in different scenes, when they pull upto the farmhouse at the end theyre on, then they get out they're off, then theyre on again a moment later. Also during the muncher chase when you see ecto go past from inside the cafe the lights are clearly on, then off again in the next scene.

Things like lights being on and off always seem like it should be very obvious, but apparently it isn't.
gerard55 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:34 pm
Wafflerobot wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:11 am Something I think i noticed, although it could just be a mistake on my part but when Phoebe finds Egon's flight suit there appears to be a metal Slinky on the shelf on the left:

Theres a few bloopers in the movie, the one i pointed out where dan activates his wand for an instant near the end, ecto's lights being on and off in different scenes, when they pull upto the farmhouse at the end theyre on, then they get out they're off, then theyre on again a moment later. Also during the muncher chase when you see ecto go past from inside the cafe the lights are clearly on, then off again in the next scene.

Things like lights being on and off always seem like it should be very obvious, but apparently it isn't.

Ecto is old. If the electrics in it haven't been upgraded in decades its possible that its shorting out. Maybe its not a mistake but an intentional fault on the part of the filmmakers to show Ecto has alot of issues beyond Trevors repairs.
Hairy Biker wrote: January 13th, 2022, 4:09 pm
gerard55 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 12:34 pm

Ecto is old. If the electrics in it haven't been upgraded in decades its possible that its shorting out. Maybe its not a mistake but an intentional fault on the part of the filmmakers to show Ecto has alot of issues beyond Trevors repairs.
Doubt it, just continuity errors.
gerard55 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 4:42 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: January 13th, 2022, 4:09 pm

Definitely intentional.
Given major Afterlife spoilers were all over social media after early screenings and on opening weekend…
I probably shouldn’t be surprised Michigan Ghostbusters are out there tweeting a Scream 5 spoiler on the literal day of release. A spoiler is still a spoiler if you preface it with “no spoilers but…”

Super careless and disappointing.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 13th, 2022, 11:36 pm Given major Afterlife spoilers were all over social media after early screenings and on opening weekend…
I probably shouldn’t be surprised Michigan Ghostbusters are out there tweeting a Scream 5 spoiler on the literal day of release. A spoiler is still a spoiler if you preface it with “no spoilers but…”

Super careless and disappointing.
Haha, I just looked it up, and the spoiler is actually wrong (I just came back from the movie).
This Post Contains Spoilers
Also, FWIW, I really don't think the part they are incorrectly referencing is a meaningful spoiler for the movie.
Yeah I see the movie in a few hours so I’ll be swerving those spoilers. But really fans should be sticking to adjectives and whether or not they liked the movie, not revealing specific details when no-one asked - it’s a selfish evolution of gate-keeping, depriving others of the experience they had. Anyway, this was a short deviation from topic. Back to Afterlife…
Hairy Biker wrote: January 13th, 2022, 5:29 pm
gerard55 wrote: January 13th, 2022, 4:42 pm

Definitely intentional.
Incorrect. The scenes where the lights are variously on or off aren't that immediately obvious and they're really only noticed on the second or third viewing, so obviously they just went with it instead of reshooting the scenes. Even the original had a scene or 2 with the lights on one minute and off the next. Overall it doesn't make that much difference though it is a blooper regardless.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]