Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote:Hey, mrmichaelt if we are going to do an ask Eric topic should we start another thread for that? I don't know if this has been covered but I do have a couple of questions.

Were other states considered to be the new setting for afterlife's location? Was OK's history of the civil war and paranormal happenings what drew Jason towards this idea? Did Jason ever consider using Tombstone AZ, as a setting which has a connection to Real Ghostbusters?

Yes. I know Afterlife was filmed in Canada, however did Jason consider using buildings like the Belvidere Mansion for filming location's or inspiration in set design?

(I havent watched the making of, so if this was already adressed no need to submit them obviously.) Thanks!
Ok, I'll add these to the next batch I'm sending Monday. I don't bug him on weekends. :P

Also, in the Making Of book, I believe it's mentioned they were going for Midwestern USA because of the great wide landscapes they wanted to utilize.
timeware liked this
I jumped the gun on that one myself. It's understandable were excited but let's be professional about this guys.

Richardless made a good point about losing access with those types of questions. This is the first time Ghost Corps is kind of ackowledging this website, so let's make the questions fun, interesting, and not come off like uber fans.
No worries, I'm not mad or annoyed or anything like that about the question. It's understandable that we're all chomping at the bit to see what's next. A live action movie, a live action series, an animated series, an animated movie, a comic book, a video game, etc. But we just have to be patient. Right now, the bean counters want the focus on Afterlife. News on the next project will come when it will come but I would guess likely not in the next few months.

Remember, this was in October 2021 when Ernie said he "heard rumors they're writing a new one." "Rumors." Then in December, Gil Kenan mentioned he and Jason Reitman are in "very active detailed conversations" about where the next Ghostbusters could go in the wake of Afterlife. So we're in the very embryonic, hypothetical phase of the next live action movie. There's nothing really to announce.

But anyway, back to Afterlife. Who chuckled at Egon's note on his daughter wall that Callie's dorm room had serious metal fatigue?
mrmichaelt wrote: January 10th, 2022, 12:19 am No worries, I'm not mad or annoyed or anything like that about the question. It's understandable that we're all chomping at the bit to see what's next. A live action movie, a live action series, an animated series, an animated movie, a comic book, a video game, etc. But we just have to be patient. Right now, the bean counters want the focus on Afterlife. News on the next project will come when it will come but I would guess likely not in the next few months.

Remember, this was in October 2021 when Ernie said he "heard rumors they're writing a new one." "Rumors." Then in December, Gil Kenan mentioned he and Jason Reitman are in "very active detailed conversations" about where the next Ghostbusters could go in the wake of Afterlife. So we're in the very embryonic, hypothetical phase of the next live action movie. There's nothing really to announce.

But anyway, back to Afterlife. Who chuckled at Egon's note on his daughter wall that Callie's dorm room had serious metal fatigue?

Oh yeah that got a good chuckle out of me. LOL! :)
tylergfoster wrote: January 9th, 2022, 11:21 am
RichardLess wrote: January 8th, 2022, 6:30 pmI believe in Ivan Reitman. When it comes to Ghostbusters I do, & I think he understands this world better than maybe anyone.
This is kind of funny, given you're also complaining about a movie where Jason, per his own statements, constantly deferred to and relied on Ivan's understanding of what makes Ghostbusters what it is. I don't say this to pick on Ivan, either, I'm just saying, Jason made a pretty big deal in interviews and stuff saying that he was always checking in with him as a bellwether. If you want a third Ghostbusters movie that is imbued with Ivan's understanding of what the franchise ought to be, I think that's Afterlife.
Lol Are you serious? Ivan Reitman would’ve made his 3rd ghostbusters movie more of a family drama amblin style? You can’t be serious.

I know you know there’s a huge difference between Jason Reitman and Ivan Reitman. Ivan could help out in saying “this looks right” but this was Jason’s vision. He came up with the idea, co wrote the script and directed. Ivan gave notes and was an active producer, sure. But there’s a world of difference between those two things.

I will say the notes Ivan gave are all things I associate with the Ghostbusters aesthetic. Such as lots and lots of Wind. I think aesthetically? From the designs of the ghosts to the focus on characters over Ghostbusting? It does feel like a Ghostbusters movie in that way. My issues are mostly story issues. I thought Muncher could fit right in to the 1984/89 design. Those are the sorts of things Jason deferred to. Things like wind & slime consistency.

Ivan would’ve made a more overt comedy. 100%. He would’ve known ending a Ghostbusters movie with a hug sounds like a nice sound bite but isn’t right for this kind of film. I think he would’ve had the OGB’s in the movie more too. A lot more. From the sounds of the interviews Jason seemed almost intimidated by the possibilities of the OGB’s and the threat of them taking over the movie & that’s not an Issue Reitman Sr would’ve had.

I think Ivan is more audience driven than Jason. Now obviously the man has made some major clunkers but I’m just talking about Ghostbusters here. Jason tried making a Jason Reitman movie as a Ghostbusters movie. Ivan just would’ve made a Ghostbusters movie. That’s what I trust. Hopefully that makes sense.

One thing neither of the latest Ghostbusters movies has done very well at is legitimately scary sequences. The closest GBA came is the opening sequence with the fog coming down the chimney mixed with the hands popping out. Nor have the stakes ever felt particularly high. I trust Ivan in dealing with those elements.
Sav C liked this
I watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife with my sister and brother-in-law over the weekend. They couldn't make it to the theater to see it because they have a two year old and at the time of the film's release their babysitter was dealing with a family emergency.

Both of them liked it, although I think my sister lost a bit of interest in the middle of the film because I caught her looking at her phone a few times. This made me consider that while us fans wanted more to help explain more background information, more casual viewers likely would have been put off by the slow pacing. While the ghostheads would have loved to learn more about the town's history, the reason why Shandor was still "alive" and the whole point of there being a second temple, casual viewers just want the basics. Hopefully we will get some kind of content through deleted scenes or a comic book prologue that fleshes out the things we want to know about. But I think what we got was the best version of Afterlife for all audiences, which in turn generates a higher profit for the studio, which helps the suits decide if future projects should be greenlit.
Alphagaia wrote: January 8th, 2022, 7:43 pm
RevRaven wrote: January 8th, 2022, 7:30 pm One question I have: what was the deal with the proton stream firing out of the mine in the opening scene?

We see the psychic tornado forming above the mine, then we hear a sound of a thrower turning on, we see a stream fire out of the mine and interact with the clouds (almost as if it was trying to bust the tornado). I'm guessing this was from the proton turret setup in the mine (was that a single stream or the big crossed stream shooting into the sky?) and was some part of Egon's plan..but what role did it play?

I get that as the opening images of the film the idea was to begin with something exciting, like a proton stream firing into the night sky!, and that's cool, but I'm just curious as to what happening according to the internal logic of the film.
The idea is probably that Gozer is almost free that night. The cloud only exists when the PKE is through the roof, just like it manifests when Gozer is almost coming in the first movie and Vigo is close to emerging in the second one. It's probably the first time Egon has set up the streams to cross and captures a terror dog while blowing back the apocalypse back into the hole.

This theory doesn't explain how Gozer could have almost come through without a Gatekeeper and Key master, but perhaps it's just the dogs that emerged looking for prey (and found Egon waiting for them).

The proton beam coming from the moutain straight up in the air really made no sense, it's obviously just for a plot point as to there being something going on in the mountain but it's one of those things where if you think about it, then it really makes no sense outside of being an interesting visual.

The only real possibilites for it are, either it was Egon using a pack, or it was the sentry turrets, but those have their own problems:

Egon is never seen with a pack in the opening, and if he were firing one theres no reason why it would be a sustained discharge into the sky for several seconds. If he were wrangling a terror dog then the beam obviously wouldn't have been seen that high in the sky.

The sentry cannon theory also makes no sense, they're fixed to fire at a certain point where the streams intersect and we see Paul Rudd having to use a lever later in the film to get any movement on the wand.

Had they done a sequence with Egon in the temple trapping the terror dog, then seeing the second terror dog carving eye glow red, then he ditches the pack to make a hasty exit to spring the farmyard trap (as he only had a single regular trap trap) it might have been a better opening, it could have been shot with an over the shoulder type of angle so you never really see his face, or shot mostly in darkness with the particle beams and trap, and the terror dog eyes being the only real source of light.

All arm chair directing after the fact obviously. :shock:
Bison256 wrote: January 10th, 2022, 4:08 am RichardLess have you seen Ivan's work in the late 90s and 2000s? They are watchable but not exactly memorable.
I specifically say that I’m talking about Ghostbusters. I mean I literally mention that exact thing in my post.

Yes, Ivan Reitman has made bad movies. He made bad movies between GB1 & 2. Some even think GB2 is a bad movie. But when it comes to Ghostbusters, he knows his shit. What makes me say that? Read the Ghostbusters 2 script and compare it to the movie.

Again, yes Reitman has made some clunkers. Tho I do have a weird soft spot for Evolution. I think it has more than a bit of that Ghostbusters DNA in it. The creatures are very interesting and David Duchovny is really good in it. There’s even some honest to goodness tension in it. It’s a little too ghostbusters tho.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 10th, 2022, 4:58 pm No more questions for Eric for now. "Hi Michael, sorry I can’t keep answering all of these questions right now. Again, the story questions could be answered in future content."
He was very corteous in doing this to begin with. It would be very awesome if we can get a Q and A once every few months or so.
mrmichaelt liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: January 10th, 2022, 9:52 am I watched Ghostbusters: Afterlife with my sister and brother-in-law over the weekend. They couldn't make it to the theater to see it because they have a two year old and at the time of the film's release their babysitter was dealing with a family emergency.

Both of them liked it, although I think my sister lost a bit of interest in the middle of the film because I caught her looking at her phone a few times. This made me consider that while us fans wanted more to help explain more background information, more casual viewers likely would have been put off by the slow pacing. While the ghostheads would have loved to learn more about the town's history, the reason why Shandor was still "alive" and the whole point of there being a second temple, casual viewers just want the basics. Hopefully we will get some kind of content through deleted scenes or a comic book prologue that fleshes out the things we want to know about. But I think what we got was the best version of Afterlife for all audiences, which in turn generates a higher profit for the studio, which helps the suits decide if future projects should be greenlit.

I don’t buy that casual viewers wouldn’t find that stuff interesting…if it’s done right that is. Exposition delivery is an art. You do it right? You keep an audiences invested & interested. Take Jurassic Park & Mr. DNA. That sequence is one big giant exposition dump but it doesn’t feel like it because they made it interesting. Or when you have someone like Dan Aykroyd deliver information, it can’t help but sound interesting and important. When you make a mystery out of something, the audience wants answers. Take Indiana Jones explaining the Ark of the Covenant to the government agents in “Raiders”. Great exposition(Steven Spielberg is a master after all) scene.

In Ghostbusters 1 or 2 there’s nothing that doesn’t work as a result of lack of information. We aren’t bored in the jail cell scene when the GB’s compare notes about Gozer and Shandor. It’s interesting stuff. When we learn about Vigo, same thing & it’s just enough. The only thing that’s kind of iffy in GB2 is Janosz turning into a Ghost Nanny and even that is something you can explain by way of Vigo’s powers. Makes me wonder, would your sister be checking her phone during those parts? Maybe not.

Here it all kind of feels half baked & unnecessary. The original Ghostbusters has Spook Central described as a huge super conductive antenna designed for pulling in and concentrating spiritual turbulence. Boom. That’s beautiful exposition. Right away the audiences gets it. Simple and to the point

This movie? There’s a well & a mountain and a mine. Nothing about spiritual turbulence. Why is there a well? What purpose does it serve? The original has the ETU explode and it’s the “sign”. What is the sign here? In the original I thought the temple was part of the dimension Gozer belongs to. We see it when Dana opens her fridge. Here it seems like something Shandor constructed.

Then we get into…what does Gozer want? The original movie answers that question. And we know how Gozer would go about doing it. Here we get nothing about a Destructor(aka the most iconic part about Gozer). Here when Gozer gets hit with proton beams she isn’t neutralized. There is no complete particle reversal. There’s rules and mythology we’ve established and when those rules and mythology aren’t adhered to you can’t ignore it. Well you can but you’ll lose part of your audience.

Everytime I think about this movie I lose a bit of respect for it. I think I started out at giving it an 8/10 and now it’s dropped it a 6. Maybe a 5.

Having Gozer get trapped just doesn’t work for me. Yes there’s hundreds of traps but I’ve always liked that the big bads in these movies are not “trapping” style ghosts. Because they aren’t ghosts. Gozer is not a ghost. Vigo is..kind of a ghost? More of a sorcerer. Vigo is a grey area.

All the issues I’ve raised can probably be headcannoned by mrmichaelt. But I think there’s a lack of verisimilitude in the story here that those first two films have. Granted this is an issue I’m seeing with more and more modern films.

Another weird thing is the voices of Zuul & Vinz. Why does Vinz sound like a demon all the time? That’s what was so funny about him possessing Louis. He still talked like Rick Moranis lol. If I had to guess it was probably due to the fact that they needed to communicate to the audience that he’s possessed and quickly where the original film has Egon discover something is wrong over a period of scenes. Nothing communicates “possessed” like a demon voice.
Alphagaia, robbritton, Sav C liked this
RichardLess wrote: Having Gozer get trapped just doesn’t work for me. Yes there’s hundreds of traps but I’ve always liked that the big bads in these movies are not “trapping” style ghosts. Because they aren’t ghosts. Gozer is not a ghost. Vigo is..kind of a ghost? More of a sorcerer. Vigo is a grey area.
Over a hundred traps hooked up to a 3 capacitor array. Not standard traps.

But the bigger question I have is could Gozer, Zuul, Vinz, and the ominous P.K.E. cloud be deposited into the ECU or would they have to be stored in a separate and more powerful unit?
RichardLess wrote: Another weird thing is the voices of Zuul & Vinz. Why does Vinz sound like a demon all the time? That’s what was so funny about him possessing Louis. He still talked like Rick Moranis lol. If I had to guess it was probably due to the fact that they needed to communicate to the audience that he’s possessed and quickly where the original film has Egon discover something is wrong over a period of scenes. Nothing communicates “possessed” like a demon voice.
This was actually one of my few strikes against the movie. I didn't care for the voices of Zuul, Vinz, and Gozer for the reasons you put out. And Gozer's just didn't seem right.
Their demonic voices were almost to the point where they couldn't be understood. Evil Dead has that whole thing down to a peg which Jason could have taken a note or two from. I would imagine how much water that voice actor had to drink. I mean can you imagine how many gallon's of water Mark Hamil goes through after doing a recording session for the Joker? That can't be easy on the old throat.
RichardLess wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:18 am
Having Gozer get trapped just doesn’t work for me. Yes there’s hundreds of traps but I’ve always liked that the big bads in these movies are not “trapping” style ghosts. Because they aren’t ghosts. Gozer is not a ghost. Vigo is..kind of a ghost? More of a sorcerer. Vigo is a grey area.

Gozer is "powered" by 2 demons which fall into the realm of ghosts, Gozer can't materialise without the terror dogs so once theyre trapped it pulls the essence of Gozer into the trap as well.
RichardLess wrote: I don’t buy that casual viewers wouldn’t find that stuff interesting…if it’s done right that is.
Having thought about it, I agree. The perfect place for explaining a lot of what was happening was that scene in the diner with the map. Logan Kim did some digging. We've already established that he has a podcast focused on mysteries and conspiracy theories. Who better to explain what was happening? He could start off with some of what Egon explained about Shandor in GB1's jail scene. But then go into how he started a cult, why the well and the NYC tower were built, etc. Maybe the well was built by cultists in 1985 after the NYC summoning failed?

As for your other non-lore related complaints of the film, I mostly agree. The Keymaster and Gatekeeper scenes weren't nearly as good as GB1. It felt like a bad parody. I don't have an issue with Gozer being trapped. In my mind, the capacitors suped-up the traps. Maybe the 2021 proton packs produce streams that dematerialize corporeal entities so that they can be trapped. The new wiring and improved cyclotron must serve some function, right?
JonXCTrack wrote: While the ghostheads would have loved to learn more about the town's history, the reason why Shandor was still "alive" and the whole point of there being a second temple, casual viewers just want the basics. Hopefully we will get some kind of content through deleted scenes or a comic book prologue that fleshes out the things we want to know about. But I think what we got was the best version of Afterlife for all audiences, which in turn generates a higher profit for the studio, which helps the suits decide if future projects should be greenlit.
RichardLess wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:18 am Then we get into…what does Gozer want? The original movie answers that question. And we know how Gozer would go about doing it. Here we get nothing about a Destructor(aka the most iconic part about Gozer). Here when Gozer gets hit with proton beams she isn’t neutralized. There is no complete particle reversal. There’s rules and mythology we’ve established and when those rules and mythology aren’t adhered to you can’t ignore it. Well you can but you’ll lose part of your audience.
Both of these highlight (for me) why it wasn't a good idea to go back to the Gozer well (compared to creating a new villain, where Jason & Gil would've had more freedom in creating their own rules and something that might play to longtime fans and casual audiences more equally). It seems the only thing they gained from this was the nostalgia factor of reviving the Stay Puft and terror dog imagery for the trailers and marketing. Otherwise you're adding new wrinkles to this 35 year old mythology but not really able to spend the time on it.

Some of it works - the scene where the kids return home and Callie is just sitting there possessed, was pretty creepy initially - but then you undo that with her meeting Vinz, the silly demon voices and the magical wardrobe change which looked like something from a Disney movie. And this all seems to happen at twice the speed because at this point we're rapidly approaching the two hour mark (hence the demon voices - the movie can't spend the time on the possessed characters like the original did, so it's a way of cluing the casual audiences in fast).

And it all culminates with the mighty Gozer getting defeated again behind a farmhouse in Oklahoma - just very anticlimactic compared to the original, and a truncated version basically. While I like the idea of something trying to destroy the world by "sneaking in the back door" (to borrow a line from The Faculty) it doesn't really come across that way.
RichardLess wrote: January 10th, 2022, 3:58 amlol Are you serious? Ivan Reitman would’ve made his 3rd ghostbusters movie more of a family drama amblin style? You can’t be serious.

I know you know there’s a huge difference between Jason Reitman and Ivan Reitman. Ivan could help out in saying “this looks right” but this was Jason’s vision. He came up with the idea, co wrote the script and directed. Ivan gave notes and was an active producer, sure. But there’s a world of difference between those two things.
I'm certainly not saying they would've made the same movie. But I think you're really underselling to what degree the entire movie also has Ivan's stamp of approval as fitting the world of Ghostbusters, and not just because his son made it.
starang11 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:54 amIt seems the only thing they gained from this was the nostalgia factor of reviving the Stay Puft and terror dog imagery for the trailers and marketing.
And even then, Stay-Puft (as many have noted) doesn't actually make any sense.

On my re-watch, I was trying to tie up this detail. My (somewhat complicated) fix:
  • Establish more clearly (maybe the Vanity Fair piece was just misleading?) that Grooberson actually witnessed the 1984 Crossrip in NYC, and saw the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.
  • Find some way for Muncher to be a ghost that escapes from the mineshaft.
  • When the kids are chasing Muncher through the town and Muncher blasts through the restaurant, have Mr. Grooberson get slimed.
  • When he goes to the store, he still has some slime on him and accidentally flicks some on the bag of marshmallows. The slime glows a little bit, and the Mini-Pufts are brought to life.
Still kind of a hand-wave, but then you can sort of make the case that the marshmallows look like Stay-Puft because Mr. Grooberson remembers Stay-Puft and the Gozerian slime is drawing on his memories to do a smaller version of "choose the form of the destructor."
starang11 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:54 amAnd it all culminates with the mighty Gozer getting defeated again behind a farmhouse in Oklahoma - just very anticlimactic compared to the original, and a truncated version basically. While I like the idea of something trying to destroy the world by "sneaking in the back door" (to borrow a line from The Faculty) it doesn't really come across that way.
Similar to Ghostbusters II, in that the original climaxes on this beautiful rooftop temple set lit using all the power at Columbia with a gorgeous 360-degree translight surrounding it, and the second movie climaxes in what looks like a storage basement.
starang11 liked this
tylergfoster wrote: January 11th, 2022, 9:16 am
starang11 wrote: January 11th, 2022, 8:54 amIt seems the only thing they gained from this was the nostalgia factor of reviving the Stay Puft and terror dog imagery for the trailers and marketing.
And even then, Stay-Puft (as many have noted) doesn't actually make any sense.

Stay Puft could be explained away as the remnants of a former manifestation of gozer. When Stay Puft exploded in the original movie bits and pieces went flying everywhere, there was a lot left on the roof of the building as well so who's to say some didn't get fired through the portal and they basically took on their own being, albeit on a much less powerful and much smaller scale linked to Gozer?
tylergfoster wrote: January 11th, 2022, 9:16 am Similar to Ghostbusters II, in that the original climaxes on this beautiful rooftop temple set lit using all the power at Columbia with a gorgeous 360-degree translight surrounding it, and the second movie climaxes in what looks like a storage basement.
I always thought it was lame that they just end up blasting a floating head (though I guess the positive slime did most of the heavy lifting) but there was still the Statue of Liberty, the slime covered museum and the big crowd outside. It doesn't look as cool but there's still a large scale to it. It's a bit sad to think that the GBs faded into obscurity for 30 years, only to privately save the world again without anyone really there to witness it.
starang11 wrote:
Both of these highlight (for me) why it wasn't a good idea to go back to the Gozer well (compared to creating a new villain, where Jason & Gil would've had more freedom in creating their own rules and something that might play to longtime fans and casual audiences more equally). It seems the only thing they gained from this was the nostalgia factor of reviving the Stay Puft and terror dog imagery for the trailers and marketing. Otherwise you're adding new wrinkles to this 35 year old mythology but not really able to spend the time on it.

Some of it works - the scene where the kids return home and Callie is just sitting there possessed, was pretty creepy initially - but then you undo that with her meeting Vinz, the silly demon voices and the magical wardrobe change which looked like something from a Disney movie. And this all seems to happen at twice the speed because at this point we're rapidly approaching the two hour mark (hence the demon voices - the movie can't spend the time on the possessed characters like the original did, so it's a way of cluing the casual audiences in fast).

And it all culminates with the mighty Gozer getting defeated again behind a farmhouse in Oklahoma - just very anticlimactic compared to the original, and a truncated version basically. While I like the idea of something trying to destroy the world by "sneaking in the back door" (to borrow a line from The Faculty) it doesn't really come across that way.
When the well of souls turns into a giant being, reaching out for Phoebe - I thought that might be a new villain, or at least a new form for Gozer. A giant being floating over the entire town would have felt more threatening.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't like that the plan to catch Gozer is largely the same throughout the movie. Egon catches a terror dog, and lures Gozer's energy into the field of traps. At least, that's what I think happens (if he was only being chased by the other terror dog, why couldn't he trap that terror dog as well? (if one trap wasn't enough to hold a terror dog, couldn't it be placed in a stronger containment unit at a later date?)). But his plan fails since there's not enough power.

Ok.

But then, in the ending, they lure Gozer down to the field of traps, and again it doesn't work because there's not enough power. But Trevor shoots a proton beam at the power conductors, and blam, Gozer's trapped. Unless I missed something, the main difference between the beginning and ending was that they had more power at the ending (and there wasn't any talk, prior to it happening, of how to get more power). I dunno, it doesn't seem very creative.

The other difference is that Egon worked alone, but they worked as a team at the end. This is a lovely testament to the power of working together. However, I can't help but feel that Egon could've gotten the guys back together at the beginning of the movie. I know even Ray had dismissed him as crossing the border, but I feel like there was enough evidence there to get them back on board. A picture of the mineshaft of souls, next to the perfectly preserved body of Ivo Shandor, probably would have helped his case a lot.

I'm probably just being too critical.

Listen, I enjoyed the movie, I really did. And I apologize if I'm raining on anybody's parade. Story wise, a lot of the movie didn't really work for me. To me, the movie felt more like a tribute to the equipment and the car more than anything else. I think that rehashing Gozer was a mistake.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 11th, 2022, 1:36 am
RichardLess wrote: Having Gozer get trapped just doesn’t work for me. Yes there’s hundreds of traps but I’ve always liked that the big bads in these movies are not “trapping” style ghosts. Because they aren’t ghosts. Gozer is not a ghost. Vigo is..kind of a ghost? More of a sorcerer. Vigo is a grey area.
Over a hundred traps hooked up to a 3 capacitor array. Not standard traps.

But the bigger question I have is could Gozer, Zuul, Vinz, and the ominous P.K.E. cloud be deposited into the ECU or would they have to be stored in a separate and more powerful unit?
RichardLess wrote: Another weird thing is the voices of Zuul & Vinz. Why does Vinz sound like a demon all the time? That’s what was so funny about him possessing Louis. He still talked like Rick Moranis lol. If I had to guess it was probably due to the fact that they needed to communicate to the audience that he’s possessed and quickly where the original film has Egon discover something is wrong over a period of scenes. Nothing communicates “possessed” like a demon voice.
This was actually one of my few strikes against the movie. I didn't care for the voices of Zuul, Vinz, and Gozer for the reasons you put out. And Gozer's just didn't seem right.
I think they are regular traps aren’t they? the capacitor’s just power them like Grooberson’s car did the one trap. I don’t think anywhere in the movie they say “these are special traps” but I could be wrong. I probably am.

And even if they are special…I still don’t like it. Gozer getting trapped feels kinda lame. Anti climactic. We’ve seen how easily it is for things in traps to be released. Here’s the problem. The first movies ending is so effing cool. It’s epic and awesome, right? This is why having Gozer as the villain is a problem because it just invites comparison. If you can’t compete with that ending of the first film then don’t use the same villain.

As soon as you re use the same villain and something is off(maybe it’s the look or the voice or whatever) you lose half your audience. It’s the Rise of Skywalker problem.

I think if Jason were here he’d say “the focus shouldn’t be on the villain it should be on the family & Egon. That’s the true climax not the defeat of Gozer”. And I’m sure for some people that’s enough. I wish it was for me.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]