Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I loved the post credit scene with Winston so much, i honestly feel what he said where the best lines the entire movie, as well as the shots of him walking into the derelict firehouse, looking around while he reminiscence's.

Mckenna Grace is a great actor and Phoebe worked so well as a character. And Grooberson is a great character too. I enjoyed the overall story and of course teared up at several times. The expression on Winston's face when Egon's showed up next to him was brilliant

Some of my gripes: I don't think they did a good job in showing how the straight laced Egon we saw in the first movies would end up the way he did, or him living like that. I think they should have done more to establish that change rather then just having Ray ramble it all off quickly to Phoebe over a telephone. It's not that I don't buy the idea of Egon changing that way, i just don't think the movie did a good job showing how that happened.
Kingpin liked this
SockableClaw wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:00 pm I really enjoyed it.

Before I saw the movie I had wondered if the 2009 GB Video Game was canon. Well, this movie confirms it definitely isn't, lol. But that's OK, I'll just pretend the Video Game was just a parallel timeline.

Also, I was kinda sad that the events of GB 2 weren't referenced or talked about at all except for the "It's been 30 years since there were any ghost sightings" line (and since the movie takes place in 2020, that is 30 years after the events of GB 2. I know GB 2 got a lot of hate when it came out but I think these days most people have come to appreciate it.

Also, I lost my wallet and I think it fell from my pocket as I was watching the movie so I called the theater to see if they could find it for me and am waiting for them to call back. Wish me luck lol.
While the game is clearly written out, you could kind of keep it in if you squint... How's this?:

Ivo Shandor is clearly dead during the time TVG would have taken place, so we could claim he astral projects his spirit and works the mandala plan. Without a temple to focus Gozer's power, this draws forth a weakened echo of Gozer, trapped in the Stay Puft form that is easily routed. Shandor in spirit form then chances his arm at the god route himself, in the process disrespecting Gozer, and is defeated by the Ghostbusters.

Now, since the Afterlife rules have Gozer literally resurrecting the dead, the Shandor we see revived could be an echo himself or some kind of spirit tied to his physical body rather than the astral projected other. A newly resurrected Gozer with the full power of the temple and the ability to once again project its own form then sees this guy who was ultimately disloyal and tears him apart as he tries to save face.

---

Yeah, they never mention the events of the game, but they never mention the events of GB2 either and that clearly happened. Also, all the Shandor stuff in TVG gives Egon's character a trigger to investigate Shandor further whereupon he discovers Summerville and so forth.

And they did at least make JK Simmons look like the video game idea of Shandor!

Let's be clear, i do not believe that was anyone's intent and i freely admit you have to really look sideways to make it work but hey - it's a head canon idea if anyone wants one!

Oh, and good luck with your wallet!
robbritton wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm

Before I saw the movie I had wondered if the 2009 GB Video Game was canon. Well, this movie confirms it definitely isn't, lol. But that's OK, I'll just pretend the Video Game was just a parallel timeline.

Also, I was kinda sad that the events of GB 2 weren't referenced or talked about at all except for the "It's been 30 years since there were any ghost sightings" line (and since the movie takes place in 2020, that is 30 years after the events of GB 2. I know GB 2 got a lot of hate when it came out but I think these days most people have come to appreciate it.

Also, I lost my wallet and I think it fell from my pocket as I was watching the movie so I called the theater to see if they could find it for me and am waiting for them to call back. Wish me luck lol.
While the game is clearly written out, you could kind of keep it in if you squint... How's this?:

Ivo Shandor is clearly dead during the time TVG would have taken place, so we could claim he astral projects his spirit and works the mandala plan. Without a temple to focus Gozer's power, this draws forth a weakened echo of Gozer, trapped in the Stay Puft form that is easily routed. Shandor in spirit form then chances his arm at the god route himself, in the process disrespecting Gozer, and is defeated by the Ghostbusters.

Now, since the Afterlife rules have Gozer literally resurrecting the dead, the Shandor we see revived could be an echo himself or some kind of spirit tied to his physical body rather than the astral projected other. A newly resurrected Gozer with the full power of the temple and the ability to once again project its own form then sees this guy who was ultimately disloyal and tears him apart as he tries to save face.

---

Yeah, they never mention the events of the game, but they never mention the events of GB2 either and that clearly happened. Also, all the Shandor stuff in TVG gives Egon's character a trigger to investigate Shandor further whereupon he discovers Summerville and so forth.

Let's be clear, i do not believe that was anyone's intent and i freely admit you have to really look sideways to make it work but hey - it's a head canon idea if anyone wants one!

I like this. :) And ty!
robbritton liked this
starang11 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:27 pm
EctoLabs wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:21 pm By the way, who is Callie's mother? Was that ever mentioned?
It wasn't. One of several things us fans were meant to just go with.
I was convinced they were going to explain that Egon had at some point donated a specimen to science, hence he and Callie never having met. This seemed to me a far more Egon thing to have done than him actually having a partner and a child. I'm just glad they didn't reveal it was Janine!
ihsanamin liked this
robbritton wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm

---

I'm with you. There's a few things you forgot. The skull of Evo Shandor has to be someone else's and the Tobin entry is simply wrong. Another one is the containment unit still being like the 1984 model . But like with the packs I file that under a style difference to be ignored.
robbritton liked this
Bison256 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:45 pm I'm with you. There's a few things you forgot. The skull of Evo Shandor has to be someone else's and the Tobin entry is simply wrong. Another one is the containment unit still being like the 1984 model . But like with the packs I file that under a style difference to be ignored.
Oh yeah! Well... the Wii version had the original ECU and we could pretend the collectibles don't count towards narrative i guess!
Overall i enjoyed the movie though i do think it could have been more than it ended up being, some things just seemed like spur of the moment thoughts that made their way into the movie were influenced by expectations from other movies. Remember in Force Awakens when Kylo is trying to pull the sabre out of the snow and it flies past him and everyone expected it to be Luke just appearing out of nowhere taking it? Thats the same feeling i got when the originals turned up, only the "what if" made it into the movie and it really didn't work out that well.

Gozer looked ok but seemed to have more prosthetics than the original, a line on her chin and the lines on her head were more pronounced.

The whole lack of the "choose the destructor" line seemed a bit odd seeing it Gozer didn't hang around first time around in making this demand.

Ivo Shandor seemed to be in it just to put a face to the name. I think a flashback sequence showing how the temple was built and showing him as a young man would have fleshed him out a bit, then leave him still being about as a surprise. Might have been a costly endeaveur for a movie with a relatively small budget. On the topic of Shandor...he seems to awake every time Gozer tries to come through, so in 1984 was he also awake and out of his casket? And if so who put him back in?

The cgi Egon was really well done (presumably an actor with cg face replacement), but the fact he never spoke made it seem a bit awkward just making facial expressions and nodding his head instead.

The whole Egon phone conversation just had BS alarm bells ringing for me, it really sounds like they came up with Egon losing his marbles during a 2 minute conversation at the water cooler. Egon was always the level headed scientist, in the first movie the multiple incursions of gozer in other dimensions are talked about so it's not like the possiblity of gozer reappearing was really "out there". Yet suddenly nobody believes him, they think he's nuts and he takes off with the equipment. That whole sequence really seemed like they were scraping the barrel for reasons for him to be on his own and estranged from the other and what they came up with was pretty piss poor.
gerv wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:17 pm Overall i enjoyed the movie though i do think it could have been more than it ended up being, some things just seemed like spur of the moment thoughts that made their way into the movie were influenced by expectations from other movies. Remember in Force Awakens when Kylo is trying to pull the sabre out of the snow and it flies past him and everyone expected it to be Luke just appearing out of nowhere taking it? Thats the same feeling i got when the originals turned up, only the "what if" made it into the movie and it really didn't work out that well.

Gozer looked ok but seemed to have more prosthetics than the original, a line on her chin and the lines on her head were more pronounced.

The whole lack of the "choose the destructor" line seemed a bit odd seeing it Gozer didn't hang around first time around in making this demand.

Ivo Shandor seemed to be in it just to put a face to the name. I think a flashback sequence showing how the temple was built and showing him as a young man would have fleshed him out a bit, then leave him still being about as a surprise. Might have been a costly endeaveur for a movie with a relatively small budget. On the topic of Shandor...he seems to awake every time Gozer tries to come through, so in 1984 was he also awake and out of his casket? And if so who put him back in?

The cgi Egon was really well done (presumably an actor with cg face replacement), but the fact he never spoke made it seem a bit awkward just making facial expressions and nodding his head instead.

The whole Egon phone conversation just had BS alarm bells ringing for me, it really sounds like they came up with Egon losing his marbles during a 2 minute conversation at the water cooler. Egon was always the level headed scientist, in the first movie the multiple incursions of gozer in other dimensions are talked about so it's not like the possiblity of gozer reappearing was really "out there". Yet suddenly nobody believes him, they think he's nuts and he takes off with the equipment. That whole sequence really seemed like they were scraping the barrel for reasons for him to be on his own and estranged from the other and what they came up with was pretty piss poor.
I took it more as Egon WANTING to make people think he lost his marbles. That way nobody would bother him and he could keep the whole thing on the low down. Otherwise, you’re just asking for more problems.
Corey91, Kingpin liked this
There was a lot to like with Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and I want to and need to see it again. The new characters were superb, especially Phoebe, Podcast, and Gary. Personally, I thought they were the highlight of the movie. The movie was funny—the humor fit the franchise quite well. The props were beautifully recreated. I wasn't sure, going off the trailers, that I would like the Ecto-1 in the wheat fields, but it was a fantastic scene! The cinematography was gorgeous. And I love how masterfully Bernstein's score was incorporated. I give the move an 8/10, because Jason really did deliver in so many ways.

With that being said, the story just didn't do it for me. Although I knew this going in, this movie is not Ghostbusters III. I’m not even sure if I want to consider it canon. This movie wasn't Junior Ghostbusters, nor Stranger Things Ghostbusters, which is good. But it is Small Town Ghostbusters—less happens in more time. I think that the movie has two glaring deficits: it lacks a serious antagonist, and everything important has already been solved.

Since Afterlife returns to the Gozer storyline, I find it hard not to compare it to the first movie. In the original there are two antagonists. There is Walter Peck, whose power trip plays right into Gozer’s hands. And there’s Gozer and the terror dogs. Afterlife has no human antagonist. Yes, the pack and trap get confiscated, but the sheriff isn’t an antagonist. I and II were layered movies—Peck and Hardemeyer both needed to be overcome before the Ghostbusters can even try to stop Gozer and Vigo. This heightened the tension. In Afterlife, this layer of tension is gone.

The movie probably could have overcome its lack of a human antagonist had it made Gozer an even more serious antagonist, but even the Gozer storyline had less tension than in the first movie. In I, the Ghostbusters realize that Dana and Louis are possessed, that it could be seriously bad for them to get together, and as such they do their best to keep them apart. But Peck messes this up, accelerating the coming of Gozer. And in II, we see Janosz plot and scheme a way to steal Oscar while still ending up in a relationship with Dana. In Afterlife, Callie and Gary get possessed, and get together. There isn’t even an attempt to thwart them.

And ultimately, Gozer doesn’t really do all that much. In the first movie, she turns into Stay Puft, and the Ghostbusters must risk their lives by crossing the streams to defeat Stay Puft, or risk being killed by Stay Puft. It’s a gamble, and they win. In Afterlife, they wrangle Gozer and trap her in a bunch of different traps. Honestly, I’m not a fan of Gozer being trapped. Her and Vigo are supposed to be the two entities that are too powerful for the usual stuff to work (I realize there are a ton of traps, but still…). As an aside, will the general movie going audience even realize the gravity that crossing the streams in Afterlife? It’s not explained that it’s a life-or-death proposition. And don’t the streams cross every time in the mineshaft? Honestly, I think Gozer’s return undermines the first movie’s ending, and it’s partially why I’m not sure if I want to count Afterlife as canon.

Moving on to my other point, almost everything has been solved before the movie starts. Egon figured out exactly what was happening in Summerville. Phoebe, Podcast, Lucky, and Trevor didn’t have to figure out anything that Egon hadn’t already. The ending is literally employing the Gozer trap that Egon had already tried at the beginning of the movie. The only two inspired moments I can think of are Podcast freeing Muncher to get the holding cell open, and Trevor shooting a proton stream at the towers to jumpstart them. For me, the movie is a love letter to the Ghostbusters aesthetic, and a chance to meet some great new characters. Unfortunately, the groundwork for the entire story has already been laid before we even meet Phoebe and Trevor.

Those are the two main issues that I have with Afterlife. Personally, I believe that I and II blow Afterlife away for those two reasons alone, which is not necessarily a bad thing. They’re such great movies that I would have been surprised if Afterlife had managed to top them. I don't blame Rick Moranis for sitting this one out—it would have been great to see him again, but this is not a movie to come out of retirement for. I'm sorry to rain on everybody's parade, I'm just frustrated because I think Afterlife squandered some of its potential. I liked it a lot, I really did, but I wish it could have been more.

Anyhow, I’ll leave it at that for now. I have some thoughts on the return of Peter, Ray, Winston, Dana, and Janine, but I’ll save those for another time (I will say that my favorite scene may have been the one with Dana and Peter). Part of me would like for things to end with Ghostbusters II, so that I can assume the Ghostbusters lived out their lives happily in New York City. I’ll have to watch it again to really appreciate the short amount of time the Ghostbusters are featured. I also have an overdue essay I need to finish, so I will move on to that, and hopefully share my thoughts on the return of the Ghostbusters on a later day.
Last edited by Sav C on November 19th, 2021, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot stop thinking about this movie after first viewing last night (spoilers)

I’m glad I took today off. It’s been rattling around in my head all morning. This is going to be a stream of consciousness…

What a great gift for those hardcore fans who have been there since the beginning. I loved it after watching last night but, having had time to reflect, I think I love it even more now.

That final 10 minutes is just off the charts. The CGI was so well done and done so respectfully. That shot of Egon not only helping Phoebe hold the wand but also fighting alongside the boys. Just….wow. That image is stuck in my head. Would love to get a print of that image one day.

Everything else was great. It kept that dry, sardonic humor of the originals while also having some fun scares. That entire first half of the film was such a slow burn and really well done. I do feel like the second half felt a bit rushed but a Ghostbusters movie doesn’t need to be 2.5 hours. I’ll take the slow burn first half over the rushed second half. The final 10 minutes more than make up for it, though.

I wasn’t a big fan of the exposition phone call with Ray as it just seemed like a ton of backstory all at once. Having had time to ruminate, I really like the story they told with the team. It was very sad but hey, that’s life. You realize as you get older that it’s just kind of the way life goes sometimes. Relationships falter and friendships fade away. Some reconcile and some hold grudges. That look on Ray’s face when he sees Egon at the end really got to me. You can see the decades of regret as he sees Egon one last time. Aykroyd absolutely killed it. Murray brought Venkman back as if he never left. His “bravo” after Ray’s plea to Gozer had me laughing my ass off. Man, I missed those guys. Also really like what they did with Winston, especially for the franchise moving forward.

Alright that’s enough. I’m gonna pour myself a midday drink (maybe some cocoa with rum) and continue to let this film sink in.

Cannot wait to see again next weekend.
Sav C, Petzrick liked this
Since the script got a quick greenlight I wondered if it meant the original Ghostbusters were not actually integral to the plot to the point where I also wondered if there was a version of the script without them at all.

For those of you who have seen it did the call with Ray was an info dump for the movie overall or just info to give the original GB's a return a bit of emotion?
Wafflerobot wrote: November 19th, 2021, 3:24 pm I loved the post credit scene with Winston so much, i honestly feel what he said where the best lines the entire movie, as well as the shots of him walking into the derelict firehouse, looking around while he reminiscence's.

Mckenna Grace is a great actor and Phoebe worked so well as a character. And Grooberson is a great character too. I enjoyed the overall story and of course teared up at several times. The expression on Winston's face when Egon's showed up next to him was brilliant

Some of my gripes: I don't think they did a good job in showing how the straight laced Egon we saw in the first movies would end up the way he did, or him living like that. I think they should have done more to establish that change rather then just having Ray ramble it all off quickly to Phoebe over a telephone. It's not that I don't buy the idea of Egon changing that way, i just don't think the movie did a good job showing how that happened.
It needed to be in the film, probably as the final scene as it ties some stuff up - when I watched it I was literally the only one left in the cinema to watch it
Sav C wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:29 pm There was a lot to like with Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and I want to and need to see it again. The new characters were superb, especially Phoebe, Podcast, and Gary. Personally, I thought they were the highlight of the movie. The movie was funny—the humor fit the franchise quite well. The props were beautifully recreated. I wasn't sure, going off the trailers, that I would like the Ecto-1 in the wheat fields, but it was a fantastic scene! The cinematography was gorgeous. And I love how masterfully Bernstein's score was incorporated. I give the move an 8/10, because Jason really did deliver in so many ways.

With that being said, the story just didn't do it for me. Although I knew this going in, this movie is not Ghostbusters III. I’m not even sure if I want to consider it canon. This movie wasn't Junior Ghostbusters, nor Stranger Things Ghostbusters, which is good. But it is Small Town Ghostbusters—less happens in more time. I think that the movie has two glaring deficits: it lacks a serious antagonist, and everything important has already been solved.

Since Afterlife returns to the Gozer storyline, I find it hard not to compare it to the first movie. In the original there are two antagonists. There is Walter Peck, whose power trip plays right into Gozer’s hands. And there’s Gozer and the terror dogs. Afterlife has no human antagonist. Yes, the pack and trap get confiscated, but the sheriff isn’t an antagonist. I and II were layered movies—Peck and Hardemeyer both needed to be overcome before the Ghostbusters can even try to stop Gozer and Vigo. This heightened the tension. In Afterlife, this layer of tension is gone.

The movie probably could have overcome its lack of a human antagonist had it made Gozer an even more serious antagonist, but even the Gozer storyline had less tension than in the first movie. In I, the Ghostbusters realize that Dana and Louis are possessed, that it could be seriously bad for them to get together, and as such they do their best to keep them apart. But Peck messes this up, accelerating the coming of Gozer. And in II, we see Janosz plot and scheme a way to steal Oscar while still ending up in a relationship with Dana. In Afterlife, Callie and Gary get possessed, and get together. There isn’t even an attempt to thwart them.

And ultimately, Gozer doesn’t really do all that much. In the first movie, she turns into Stay Puft, and the Ghostbusters must risk their lives by crossing the streams to defeat Stay Puft, or risk being killed by Stay Puft. It’s a gamble, and they win. In Afterlife, they wrangle Gozer and trap her in a bunch of different traps. Honestly, I’m not a fan of Gozer being trapped. Her and Vigo are supposed to be the two entities that are too powerful for the usual stuff to work (I realize there are a ton of traps, but still…). As an aside, will the general movie going audience even realize the gravity that crossing the streams in Afterlife? It’s not explained that it’s a life-or-death proposition. And don’t the streams cross every time in the mineshaft? Honestly, I think Gozer’s return undermines the first movie’s ending, and it’s partially why I’m not sure if I want to count Afterlife as canon.

Moving on to my other point, almost everything has been solved before the movie starts. Egon figured out exactly what was happening in Summerville. Phoebe, Podcast, Lucky, and Trevor didn’t have to figure out anything that Egon hadn’t already. The ending is literally employing the Gozer trap that Egon had already tried at the beginning of the movie. The only two inspired moments I can think of are Podcast freeing Muncher to get the holding cell open, and Trevor shooting a proton stream at the towers to jumpstart them. For me, the movie is a love letter to the Ghostbusters aesthetic, and a chance to meet some great new characters. Unfortunately, the groundwork for the entire story has already been laid before we even meet Phoebe and Trevor.

Those are the two main issues that I have with Afterlife. Personally, I believe that I and II blow Afterlife away for those two reasons alone, which is not necessarily a bad thing. They’re such great movies that I would have been surprised if Afterlife had managed to top them. I don't blame Rick Moranis for sitting this one out—it would have been great to see him again, but this is not a movie to come out of retirement for. I'm sorry to rain on everybody's parade, I'm just frustrated because I think Afterlife squandered some of its potential. I liked it a lot, I really did, but I wish it could have been more.

Anyhow, I’ll leave it at that for now. I have some thoughts on the return of Peter, Ray, Winston, Dana, and Janine, but I’ll save those for another time (I will say that my favorite scene may have been the one with Dana and Peter). Part of me would like for things to end with Ghostbusters II, so that I can assume the Ghostbusters lived out their lives happily in New York City. I’ll have to watch it again to really appreciate the short amount of time the Ghostbusters are featured. I also have an overdue essay I need to finish, so I will move on to that, and hopefully share my thoughts on the return of the Ghostbusters on a later day.
Do we think Peter and dana are together?!
Sav C liked this
jimmyjokerz wrote: November 19th, 2021, 6:39 pm
Do we think Peter and dana are together?!
Personally, I'm gonna say yes. Dana wanted Peter to give her a jingle once he whipped himself into shape, and as we now know, he quit being a fraud tv show host, and went back to being a prof (at SUNY (I have family ho went there!)).
Raystantz84 wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:24 pm
gerv wrote: November 19th, 2021, 4:17 pm Overall i enjoyed the movie though i do think it could have been more than it ended up being, some things just seemed like spur of the moment thoughts that made their way into the movie were influenced by expectations from other movies. Remember in Force Awakens when Kylo is trying to pull the sabre out of the snow and it flies past him and everyone expected it to be Luke just appearing out of nowhere taking it? Thats the same feeling i got when the originals turned up, only the "what if" made it into the movie and it really didn't work out that well.

I took it more as Egon WANTING to make people think he lost his marbles. That way nobody would bother him and he could keep the whole thing on the low down. Otherwise, you’re just asking for more problems.
I thought the egomaniac cgi was brilliant - really well done

@ *referring to bold*

Same. At least IDW GB canon did the parallel timeline concept very well and it contradicts nothing. ^_^
Parallel timelines has some weird implications. Does the Summerville time bomb exist in every universe? For instance the sanctum of slime universe from the 2020 anniversary comic, The Real ghostbusters, Extreme, the main IDW etc. Are the boys in those universes going to get a panicked call from the governor of Oklahoma someday? Or are they safe since there is only one Gozer and now it and its minions are captured?
Sav C wrote:Interesting that Gozer can kinda be wrangled. Vigo brushed off the proton streams like they were nothing. Perhaps Vigo doesn't get enough credit for his powers?
He was powered up at least a month's worth of energy collected by the mood slime, so his resistance mirrored the slime wall around the museum. But once the crowd's positive energy nullified the slime, Vigo's bond with the slime was non-existent and he became vulnerable. Why they didn't just trap him? His spell probably anchored his spirit to the painting so what went down was probably the most they could have done to defeat him.
Sav C liked this
Raystantz84 wrote:
petesapie wrote: November 19th, 2021, 7:28 pm Who found Egon deceased ? If nobody ever went up to the farm how was he discovered and so quickly.
I thought it was pretty clearly established to be Janine.
Why did Janine follow Egon down to Summerville? Wouldn't she know that Egon was right about what was going on after a while? Why didn't Janine try to explain to the OGBs that Egon was onto something? Why wouldn't Egon just take a picture of the Gozer temple on his iPhone and e-mail it to the other OGBs?
JonXCTrack wrote: November 19th, 2021, 8:13 pm
Raystantz84 wrote:
I thought it was pretty clearly established to be Janine.
Why did Janine follow Egon down to Summerville? Wouldn't she know that Egon was right about what was going on after a while? Why didn't Janine try to explain to the OGBs that Egon was onto something? Why wouldn't Egon just take a picture of the Gozer temple on his iPhone and e-mail it to the other OGBs?
Cause movie? Haha I honestly don’t know but that’s how I took it.

Maybe she knew he was up to something important but he couldn’t risk letting her know just in case?

I think a missing piece is that Egon didn’t want anyone to come out to Summerville and check on him. Most likely for protection. Maybe he knew inviting others out would only invite more trouble and the chance for the keymaster and gatekeeper to get together?

I feel like a lot of people are taking it that Egon “went crazy.” In reality, he knew how important it was to keep this place quiet and that the more attention it got, the bigger the chance for the apocalypse to occur. Hence, he put up the signs, removed himself from most social interaction and kept watch over Summerville for all those years.
Kingpin liked this
jimmyjokerz wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:46 pm I really enjoyed it, but a few things to nitpick

I know phoebe called ray to talk to him about what Elgin had planned, but I would have liked a little back story of the older ghostbusters getting back together instead of just showing up in a field - didn’t everyone think that was just a bit random, that they just……showed up?
No doubt Ray had contacted his old friends after Phoebe had called him and they got back together to head to Summerville, OK. Ray knew that's where Phoebe was since she was talking about Egon and mentioning that she was his granddaughter so he figured she was at the location of Egon's last known whereabouts. Ray of course kept the contact information of his old buddies and they had his contact information as well. I think they did a good job having them get back together and as for details on their reunion before heading to Summerville, I think that's best left to the imagination. To show scenes of them getting back together would've just added more time on to an already really long movie.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]