Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:37 pm Reported to surpass ATC's domestic box office total this weekend.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/02/05 ... ox-office/

Just imagine how fast Afterlife would have blown ATC out of the water pre-covid. *sigh*
deadderek wrote: Just imagine how fast Afterlife would have blown ATC out of the water pre-covid. *sigh*
Well, shrug. All that matters is it passed ATC (and GB2?) in domestic which I suppose is a good metric for comparison sake despite what's going on in the world. Got high hopes seeing totals come in for Japan's run this month.
Still think under normal circumstances Afterlife could have done better with

-More Hostess Brands
-Coke Brands
-A commercial for Ghostbusters cereal
-A commercial for the marshmallows
-A round the clock theme song campaign on the radio
-More involvement during last years holiday season starting before Halloween
-More focus on Ecto-Cooler

I'm happy with what we got but still...I'll always think we could have done better with more advertising even with the date pushbacks.
timeware wrote:Still think under normal circumstances Afterlife could have done better with

-More Hostess Brands
-Coke Brands
-A commercial for Ghostbusters cereal
-A commercial for the marshmallows
-A round the clock theme song campaign on the radio
-More involvement during last years holiday season starting before Halloween
-More focus on Ecto-Cooler

I'm happy with what we got but still...I'll always think we could have done better with more advertising even with the date pushbacks.
If only there was an animated series to pick up the reigns and go nuts on food and drink merch while we wait for the next live action movie.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Sorry if this the wrong thread and if it's been asked before but:

I'm in Canada and I think I made an error purchasing the ultimate collection from Amazon.com.

This is very embarrassing but, I'm having trouble getting the digital download to work. I can't seem to find the Movies Anywhere app on my Roku. Then I noticed that this is open to U.S. residents only.

So, what am I supposed to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware that I can watch the physical copy, but I'd like to have access to the film digitally as well.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:30 pm Watched it two nights in a row with different audiences who both enjoyed it. The Muncher chase is so good. The ending does not derail the film - I think I got that wrong too. The younger cast all play a role in the finale and the farewell to Egon lands completely.

It’s hard for me to reconcile how differently I feel about the film on subsequent watches. I don’t know what to think about that - but I do feel bad for all the critical posts I made over the last couple of months. :walterpeck:

Anecdotal, but this seemed to be selling very well based on two trips to my local supermarket this weekend.
No worries. My first time watching the film was strange too... probably because of all of the spoilers I had seen, how much time I spent connecting what I saw before the film came out and what I saw on screen, and all of the expectations I had for the film. Delaying the film for the pandemic only gave me more time to speculate on what the story would be. I honestly left the theater after that first watch a bit disappointed.

And then I saw the film a second time, but watched it on its own terms for the first time. Then I loved it.

It was just impossible to see a sequel to a film from the '80s in 2021 without having built up my own preconceptions of what it should be.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

JoeParez wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:05 am Sorry if this the wrong thread and if it's been asked before but:

I'm in Canada and I think I made an error purchasing the ultimate collection from Amazon.com.

This is very embarrassing but, I'm having trouble getting the digital download to work. I can't seem to find the Movies Anywhere app on my Roku. Then I noticed that this is open to U.S. residents only.

So, what am I supposed to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am aware that I can watch the physical copy, but I'd like to have access to the film digitally as well.
Without contacting Sony customer support? Aside from VPN, the only thing I heard about are Canadians crossing the border to the U.S., setting up their Movie Anywhere account here in the States and applying their digital codes, going back home to Canada and then being able to access their digital copies. I'm not sure how true that is though.
deadderek wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:44 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: February 5th, 2022, 4:37 pm Reported to surpass ATC's domestic box office total this weekend.
https://ghostbustersnews.com/2022/02/05 ... ox-office/

Just imagine how fast Afterlife would have blown ATC out of the water pre-covid. *sigh*
You know, I didn’t like ATC at all but damn. I’ve seen so many fans that seem to want and need GBA to “blow ATC” out of the water as if that would validate their feelings on the movie.

Playing devils advocate for a minute, GBA very well could’ve benefited from COVID. How? It was going to release in the summer. Way more competition week to week. Now the likelihood of that happening? Not huge. But we never know what might’ve happened in our alternate timeline. I mean, what are the odds GBA makes almost EXACTLY the same amount as the previous Ghostbusters movie? That’s pretty strange. Coincidence? Maybe. COVID or no, if I see two movies in a franchise doing practically identical numbers I might start thinking some things about said franchises potential. Especially when I see other movies like James Bond, Shang Chi, Venom & Spider-Man doing alright. You look at a movie like Freeguy. Brand new IP. No name recognition. And it makes just a little less than Ghostbusters Afterlife domestically? But way more overall. Or look at A Quiet Place 2. It’s 3 days opening weekend was only 3 million more than GBA but it managed 160 million domestic.

A Quiet Place 2 is out grossing Ghostbusters? Wow. Ok. And yeah you can maybe say ATC soured the well a bit. There might be some valid points there. Or that not putting a 3 somewhere on the title left money on the table(Which is know is Tyler’s favourite theory lol). But Devil’s advocate or not the last time two movies set in the same franchise grossed practically the same amount years apart where one movie wasn’t well received and the other was a little more well received by the audience? Any guesses? I’ll give you a couple seconds to think on it. Cue Jeopardy music.

Ok here it is. The Hulk and The Incredible Hulk.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
^Some weird measure of success is to pass predecessors. I think it'll be close but it might be able to make more than ATC and GB2's total box office total.Afterlife only needs little under $20 million to pass GB2's.

Uploading bts images, I noticed something I didn't see the first time in this bts image of the video village during the filming of the mid-credits tag in Peter and Dana's place upstate.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXv15vdAE-S/

Look to the left side, at the archway, there's a drawing of a dog and above it a framed family photo. Is it just me or does it look like there's two adults and two kids in it. As in, Peter and Dana had a baby shortly after GB2.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 9th, 2022, 12:42 am Look to the left side, at the archway, there's a drawing of a dog and above it a framed family photo. Is it just me or does it look like there's two adults and two kids in it. As in, Peter and Dana had a baby shortly after GB2.
... huh.

timeware wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:27 am in Pheobe's case she's pissed off. People do stupid things when they're pissed off. My only gripe about that scene is now the proton pack becomes a weapon. Although they covered the potential dangers of the proton pack falling in the wrong hands with Extreme Ghostbusters.

(That scene is more likely the reasoning behind the changes to the Hasbro rifle. But that's as far as i'll go on that subject in this topic.)
Orange tips are expected on all toy guns. Like Hasbro's legal team told them they had to, most likely. While one could argue the wands look very little like a real guns, they share colors like a gun and could be confused for a gun by someone that doesn't know of the whole "Ghostbusters Thing". Hasbro is doing it cause it is safer. They sure ain't going to risk legal issues on a toy from a 80's property.

Some of the legal stuff I caught on google: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/5001
(There is a lot on this topic when googling.)
As I said in the Spengler Wand topic I get the laws. I just find it incredbily unlikely someone would confuse the proton pack for a real gun. My opinion that this was a dumb move isn't changing. Again I got this was a necessary move from the start but let's not derail the thread as there's another topic for this.
Did you guys see the Lord & Miller articles stating their script was a different take and is in a drawer somewhere?

I hope we get announcements soon about what's next and I hope Ivan and Jason continue with a sequel to Afterlife.

But everything Lord & Miller touches turns to gold, it would be such a missed opportunity not to give them the license and see what they do - either as a spin-off movie or... Netflix limited series?
Alphagaia liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 9th, 2022, 12:47 pm Did you guys see the Lord & Miller articles stating their script was a different take and is in a drawer somewhere?

I hope we get announcements soon about what's next and I hope Ivan and Jason continue with a sequel to Afterlife.

But everything Lord & Miller touches turns to gold, it would be such a missed opportunity not to give them the license and see what they do - either as a spin-off movie or... Netflix limited series?
Set their take in the Reitman-verse and you're fine.

I'd like (and I'm finally ready) to see a modern version of the Ghostbusters equipment, a modern Ecto. It would be interesting to see how 2020s New Yorkers would react to ghosts roaming their houses.
Touch upon what kind of ghosts need to be cached. Put in it a scene where a humanoid ghost sue the Ghostbusters after a failed bust.
devilmanozzy wrote: February 9th, 2022, 11:01 am Orange tips are expected on all toy guns. Like Hasbro's legal team told them they had to, most likely.
It's probably the shotgun grip that tipped the scales. Then again, I've been in full Ghostbusters regalia in my dark gray suit and been asked by other costumed convention attendees if I was a cop. Another person in public asked if I was a landscaper. And then one seemingly fully functional adult in a restaurant thought I was actually a Ghostbuster with real functional equipment.

Or, as George Carlin once observed... "imagine how stupid the average person is then realize half of all people are stupider than that."

That said... I can say from personal experience that if someone threateningly points a gun (or something that resembling one) at you, you don't spend time looking at the thing they're aiming. You get tunnel vision, look at the person's face to figure out intent, and react. In the three anecdotal experiences I've had, I was facing the person head-on, not from angle where I could tell what it was easily (especially in the dark). Same thing with friends that had been robbed at gun point. They couldn't describe a weapon past the color if they got even that much.

Would you or I know recognize a toy proton gun is not a threat? Yes. John Q. Public? Probably not.
Tested, practical effects

Chicken, He Clucked wrote: February 9th, 2022, 12:47 pm Did you guys see the Lord & Miller articles stating their script was a different take and is in a drawer somewhere?

I think they were briefly attached to the Etan Cohen drafts of GB3?
groschopf wrote: February 10th, 2022, 7:43 pm Think there's any chance we'll get another Ghostbusters film with a different director? No disrespect to Jason—he's stated that he'd love to see a number of different people interpret the franchise.

Personally, I'd be curious to see Ghostbusters through the eye's of Edgar Wright or Taika Waititi.
That's the hope. Probably not the next one. I'd think Jason is doing one more. And then there's still that animated movie from the ghost's POV that no clue if they're still doing.

That'd be a get. Waititi pretty much saved the Thor movie franchise. He's gonna direct an upcoming Star Wars movie too isn't he? Wright would be very interesting. Last Night in Soho was pretty trippy stuff.
deadderek liked this
They should be biting Lord & Miller's hands off to get them to do for Ghostbusters what they did for Spider-man.

I'd like another couple of films headed by Jason and Gil establishing the Ghostbusters back in NYC, but also a peripheral series and spin-offs around the concept with other directors. I think it's also important to inject some traditional comedy back in with their choices.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

Proton Props UK

Hey guys, I just wanted to give a quick update on […]

Ecto Containment Unit

First off awesome work!!! second of all where did […]

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]