Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Images of 4k 8 Disc giftset. Has a date of February 5.
-Ghost Trap styled packaging
-Ghostbusters (1984) 2-DISC
- Ghostbusters II (1989) 2-DISC
-Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021) 2-DISC
- Unknown Blu-ray set (2-DISC)
-Making Ghostbusters book

https://ghostbustersnews.com/2021/12/20 ... c-giftset/

Dates on Amazon for gift set and Afterlife releases are at February 1 now.
Can't wait to analyze everything frame by frame in 4k.

Always takes me by surprise to see DVDs still being made. Talk about being stuck in the past.
ccv66 wrote: December 20th, 2021, 8:55 pm Hope they don't make me but GB1 & 2 again
Why would you have to???
ccv66, robbritton liked this
All together I have around 12 copies of the 1st two movies, they keep getting a better mouse trap.. I have 4(2 sets), 4k movies because they released a steel case with deleted scenes.

I'm just worried their going to throw some exclusives you can only get in the afterlife 8 disk set . Make me buy the first two movies on 4k for the third time
deadderek liked this
I bought the 1984 film on Blu-Ray back when it was first released, and I have the 1999 version on DVD. I also have DVD copy of Ghostbusters 2.

I had been considering getting the Ghostbusters 1 and 2 4k set, but now that I see this, I think I'll hold off. The copy of Making Ghostbusters is an added bonus!
tylergfoster wrote: December 21st, 2021, 10:49 am I would take a scaled down reproduction as long as it's the complete book.
I'm starting to wonder now if it's actually 1:1 to the original run.

We've assumed each of the cases in the set is a standard Blu-Ray case/steelbook, but what if they're actually cardboard inserts that are roughly double the size of a normal case? -Displaying the discs stacked on two levels, rather than on-top of or side to side of each other?

-That might allow for a full-sized version of the book.

As for the book itself, the cover's been given a bit of a remaster: the lettering of "MAKING" is a different font, and the photo of Stay Puft and the logo graphic have been cleaned up and colour corrected:

(Gift set on the left, 1985 copy on the right)
groschopf liked this
I wish we get 4k releases of the deleted stuff from GB1 plus some we've not seen or have not been released, like the short transition shot of Ray at the firehouse presented on GB day 2019. They dug through all the stuff, they must have preserved it. Seeing the deleted Egon/Janine encounter fully restored in the cinema was such a delight.

Curious if we'll see anything new from GB2 or if that's kept for a sequel...
Kingpin wrote: December 21st, 2021, 4:58 am It'd be nice to get a better look at the Making Ghostbusters reprint, I'm curious to know if it's 1:1 or a scaled-down reproduction.

Either way, a wonderful and unexpected surprise.
All I know from Paul Rudoff is Sony asked him to use the scans of Making Ghostbusters I did and provided to him for his downloadable version a couple years ago.
Just of note, the Ultimate Collection so far is currently the cheapest on:

Target at $99.99
https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-1 ... A-85634520

TCM Shop at $84.95
https://shop.tcm.com/ghostbusters-ghost ... 3396566873

Deep Discount at $85.36
https://www.deepdiscount.com/ghostbuste ... 3396566873

Walmart and Amazon are at the MSRP price currently.
jonogunn wrote: December 25th, 2021, 4:34 am Did gb2016 initial release also have deleted scenes that were later used for the extended cut?

I’m still hoping for an extended cut of afterlife and if they have all the deleted scenes here then maybe there’s less chance of an extended cut
I think at the very least "alternate" versions of some deleted scenes were used for the extended cut. Like the Phil & Phyllis one where Erin meets Phyllis in the faculty area.
jonogunn wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:19 pm So many hilarious scenes in the ATC extended cut. Surprised it was removed. They also helped with the pacing and character building.

Afterlife desperately needs an extended cut to fill the awkward missing joining scenes
If Sony were smart, and they aren't they would re release an extended version of Afterlife once Spidey's had it's run.
timeware wrote: December 26th, 2021, 10:12 am
jonogunn wrote: December 21st, 2021, 3:19 pm So many hilarious scenes in the ATC extended cut. Surprised it was removed. They also helped with the pacing and character building.

Afterlife desperately needs an extended cut to fill the awkward missing joining scenes
If Sony were smart, and they aren't they would re release an extended version of Afterlife once Spidey's had it's run.
No chance, they'll do what they did with the original 2 movies and release new editions with 5 more seconds of footage for years to come, they only have like an hour of unused footage to milk for a few decades.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: December 21st, 2021, 12:04 pm We've assumed each of the cases in the set is a standard Blu-Ray case/steelbook, but what if they're actually cardboard inserts that are roughly double the size of a normal case? -Displaying the discs stacked on two levels, rather than on-top of or side to side of each other?
Not to be a naysayer, but I'd be surprised if they deviated from stock cases. More likely that book will be the size of a standard case to keep the costs down.

Wish we had more than this Photoshop mock-up to go off of, because I'm not entirely sold on pre-ordering this set when it's not even clear what we're getting.
deadderek wrote: December 25th, 2021, 10:22 pm Hope that's a typo on the box.

I love the

“And More”

Especially when the “and more” is something like “interactive menu’s”.

I wanted a commentary track more than anything. The first films commentary track is one of the greatest of all time in my opinion. I’m like 90% sure you can hear them smoking a joint at various points in the commentary.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]