Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By dantonvfx
Looking forward to hear from you! Between the Amp, mixer and Battery are like 170Cads already :$

I have a question... If I want to place 2 switches on the PP... would it be possible?

Since the switcj from Afterlife its hard to reach if you wear it, I was wondering to instal a second switch more handy for when I have it on me... but the 2 switches need to work corrlatively so I can turn it on/off with any of the 2 switches at any time, and make sure the not used switch keeps working too... how would you sugest to do that?

Cheers
By rolandblais
Sorry, we are not the same person; I thought we were just having a nice chat.

I misunderstood "Thanks so much!

I was wondering how the interconnection..."

As being a response to my post about the shutdown sound.
jonogunn liked this
By rolandblais
>So are you also working on your own afterlife electronics based off Gacabe’s set up?

Kind of. I'm doing a 3d printed pack build, not going specifically for Afterlife, but I prefer the Spinning Cyclotron Effect and sounds.

I am using Cagabe's setup with One Nano each controlling the Powercell lights and Cyclotron, and the soundboard being responsible for startup sound and hum. I changed the amp setup a bit because the Pyle's cost.

As far as code goes, The Powercell is using a snippet from CountDeMonet's Spirit Minimal, because I couldn't, for the life of me, get a decent startup sequence coded. The Cyclotron is using code by Cfunseth, because I liked the ramp-up feature.

I was going to have a third ardiono handle all the timing - powering it on by the crank generator switch, then trigger the startup sound, then the hum on the board when the Powercell switch was git, then stop the hum and play a shutdown sound, but since there's no shutdown sound, I just made a 20 min loop of the startup and the hum. Given the size of the files, that's about as long as I could get into the 16MB flash on the card. Putting everything on one common switch worked in my proof-of -concept test, so I think it'll be good in the pack.

The Pack's pretty much completed; I need to fill and sand a bunch, then as soon as the weather warms up, paint!

Is yours still in the planning stages or have you started?
jonogunn liked this
By jonogunn
Wow thanks for all that info. I look forward to seeing your build progress! And if you code and set up is easy enough to follow I’ll definitely hop on board if u don’t mind

I fell in love with the spinning cyclotron lights from afterlife. And having it start from a slow ramp to coincide with the start up sound from afterlife exactly like Gucabe did is ideal to what I want. My only complain is the I feel the max speed is too fast standby lights should be a little slower while the max speed can be saved for firing.

Anyways I’m at an in between in my living situation right now and don’t have access to my 3D printer and stuff isn’t on me. I’ve been eager and dying to get started though.
rolandblais liked this
Any update, friend?
Hiya!

The proof of concept worked - Adafruit Soundboard, 15 Watt amp, common power for arduinos, and a thrift store speaker. Wasn't super loud, but it workes. :-) Still need to assemble, fill, sand, and paint the shell. I got distracted by making the interior, but now that it's pretty much completed, back to the pack proper. Filling and sanding was intimidating, but last week I tried Ben Edie's tip for smoothing prints and it worked extremely well. Things got busy in other areas of life but hopefully I can get back to working on the pack more regularly.

Looks like your build is coming along nicely!
Jimsy33 liked this
By jonogunn
rolandblais wrote:
Any update, friend?
Hiya!

The proof of concept worked - Adafruit Soundboard, 15 Watt amp, common power for arduinos, and a thrift store speaker. Wasn't super loud, but it workes. :-) Still need to assemble, fill, sand, and paint the shell. I got distracted by making the interior, but now that it's pretty much completed, back to the pack proper. Filling and sanding was intimidating, but last week I tried Ben Edie's tip for smoothing prints and it worked extremely well. Things got busy in other areas of life but hopefully I can get back to working on the pack more regularly.

Looks like your build is coming along nicely!
That looks amazing!!

No I’m still in the printing process of my q pack. I gained some experience with my first foam pack so now I know what to look out for.

Do you have a video showing off the afterlife spinning lights and possible the code and instructions to setting it up for myself? This is my main concern as I really want the spinning lights but don’t know how to implement them.
Do you have a video showing off the afterlife spinning lights and possible the code and instructions to setting it up for myself? This is my main concern as I really want the spinning lights but don’t know how to implement them.
I'll put something together today.
So if I pick all this up and add your code to my spirit Halloween pack. It’s golden?

2-Arduino pro mini, UNO or similar
2 - 1x8 neopixel stick
1- Neopixel ring at least 30 pixels or a neopixel strip
1 - 16MB Adafruit fx board

Thanks
By Mog62
« Part list:
2 - Arduino pro mini, UNO or similar
2 - 1x8 neopixel stick
1 - Neopixel ring at least 30 pixels or a neopixel strip

So the wiring diagram is as follows:

The reson I used 2 arduinos is that makes the code much much simpler. Neopixels are not as fast as standard LED's so its tricky to do the power cell and cyclotron sequences at the same time. It's beyond my coding skill. The other reason is that I plan to modify the power cell circuit and add 4 neopixels to the cyclotron and a switch to select between the 84 and 21 sequence. I have not implemented that, but the powercell code is already written to work with the 84 sequence. So if you add those 4 extra neopixels you can have the 84 lights with just 1 arduino. »

Gucabe, can you tell me how you named the WaV sound on the datafruit sound card please
By Mog62
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 7:08 am
dantonvfx wrote: November 25th, 2021, 3:37 pm

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!

YOU ARE SAVING ME! Really!!! I was going to order the GBFans SoundBoard, but I was not all in due to having to wait until March to recieve it :(

If you could tell me what components do I need to buy I will start buying them right away so I have all ready for when you are :D

Cheers!!!
Ok so I am still tweaking the code so the sound is better synked with the lighting effect. I also cleaned up the sound file and removed several hissing sounds that made the whole thing anoying. Had to remove several frequencies making the sound duller but I added some after effects and bumed the trebble up and i think it sounds cleaner and crisper now.

Part list:
2 - Arduino pro mini, UNO or similar
2 - 1x8 neopixel stick
1 - Neopixel ring at least 30 pixels or a neopixel strip

So the wiring diagram is as follows:

The reson I used 2 arduinos is that makes the code much much simpler. Neopixels are not as fast as standard LED's so its tricky to do the power cell and cyclotron sequences at the same time. It's beyond my coding skill. The other reason is that I plan to modify the power cell circuit and add 4 neopixels to the cyclotron and a switch to select between the 84 and 21 sequence. I have not implemented that, but the powercell code is already written to work with the 84 sequence. So if you add those 4 extra neopixels you can have the 84 lights with just 1 arduino.

For the powercell:
//------Gusbuster 1984------
//Designed by: Gus Canales
//Date:11/17/2021
//Last update: 11/17/2021
//Designed using an Arduino pro mini, 2 neopixel sticks (1x8) for the power cell
//and 4 neopixel buttons (1,2,3,4 or 7 pixels each). Set CTPIX to match your button
//Wire the 2 1x8 sticks in series and then daisy chain the 4 buttons from the last 1x8 stick.
//The order is important.
//If you want to have the 2021 cyclotron version use another arduino con a nepixel ring
//Use my code Gusbuster2021
//Enjoy Ghostbusting

#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
#define PIN 4
#define CELLPIX 16 //Set it at 16. Powercell uses 15 pixels only so the first one is ignored
#define CTPIX 1 // how many pixels per cyclotron button? (1,2,3,4,7)
int PIXELS = CELLPIX+CTPIX*4; // Total Pixels
int CTPOWER = 10; //0-255 (lowest to highest) brightness
int CELLPOWER = 10; //0-255 (lowest to highest) brightness
int SPEED = 2; //0 - 4 (lowest to highest)
Adafruit_NeoPixel strip = Adafruit_NeoPixel(PIXELS, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

void setup() {
strip.begin();
strip.show(); // Initialize all pixels to 'off'
}

void loop() {
for (int a=0;a<CTPIX*4;a=a+CTPIX){
colorWipe(strip.Color(0, 0, CELLPOWER), 50-SPEED*10); // Blue
if(a>0) //Clear the trailing ct
for (int c=0;c<CTPIX;c++){
strip.setPixelColor(a+CELLPIX-CTPIX+c, strip.Color(0, 0, 0));
strip.show();
}
if(a<1) //clear the last ct
strip.setPixelColor(PIXELS-CTPIX+c, strip.Color(0, 0, 0));
strip.show();
}
strip.show();

for (int b=0;b<CTPOWER;b=b+CTPOWER/10){ //cyclotron leds fade
strip.setPixelColor(a+CELLPIX+c, strip.Color(b, 0, 0));
strip.show();
}
delay(50-SPEED*10);
}

colorWipe(strip.Color(0, 0, 0), 0); // Black
}
}

// Fill the dots one after the other with a color
void colorWipe(uint32_t c, uint8_t wait) {
for(uint16_t i=1; i<strip.numPixels()-CTPIX*4; i++) {//added 4 last pixels as a cyclotron
strip.setPixelColor(i, c);
strip.show();
delay(wait);
}
}

For the Afterlife Cyclotron:
//------Gusbuster 2021------
//Designed by: Gus Canales
//Date:11/17/2021
//Last update: 11/29/2021
//Designed using an Arduino pro mini, 1 neopixel strip or ring (30 pixels long)for the cyclotron
//you also need an Adafruit fx board, get the 16 meg.
//For the power cell use my code Gusbuster 1984 and use 2 neopixel sticks 1x8
//Enjoy Ghostbusting

#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>
#define PIN 4

int pixels = 29;
int luz = 3;
float intensity = 0;
int Speed = 45; //milisecond delay
int loops=100;
int hold=40;
int ramp = 0;
int r = 100;
int x=1;
int y=1;
// Triggers
const int tgr1 = 5; //Start
const int tgr2 = 6; //fast hum
const int tgr3 = 7; //ramp down
const int tgr4 = 8; //slow hum
const int tgr5 = 9; //ramp up
const int box = 2;

// Parameter 1 = number of pixels in strip
// Parameter 2 = pin number (most are valid)
// Parameter 3 = pixel type flags, add together as needed:
// NEO_KHZ800 800 KHz bitstream (most NeoPixel products w/WS2812 LEDs)
// NEO_KHZ400 400 KHz (classic 'v1' (not v2) FLORA pixels, WS2811 drivers)
// NEO_GRB Pixels are wired for GRB bitstream (most NeoPixel products)
// NEO_RGB Pixels are wired for RGB bitstream (v1 FLORA pixels, not v2)
Adafruit_NeoPixel strip = Adafruit_NeoPixel(pixels, PIN, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

void setup() {
strip.begin();
strip.show(); // Initialize all pixels to 'off'
pinMode(tgr1, OUTPUT);
pinMode(tgr2, OUTPUT);
pinMode(tgr3, OUTPUT);
pinMode(tgr4, OUTPUT);
pinMode(tgr5, OUTPUT);
pinMode(box, OUTPUT);

digitalWrite(tgr1, LOW);
digitalWrite(tgr2, HIGH);
digitalWrite(tgr3, HIGH);
digitalWrite(tgr4, HIGH);
digitalWrite(tgr5, HIGH);
//digitalWrite(tgr2, LOW);
//Speed = loops *2;
for(int b=0;b<loops;b++){ //rampup
Cyclotron(r,0,0,luz,1+Speed);
Speed = Speed-2;
Speed = constrain (Speed,1,50);
}
digitalWrite(tgr1, HIGH);
digitalWrite(tgr2, LOW);
digitalWrite(box, HIGH);
for(int c=0;c<hold*10;c++){ //speedhold
Cyclotron(r,0,0,luz,1+Speed);
}

}

void loop() {
ramp = loops + random(loops);
hold = hold + random(hold);
//digitalWrite(tgr2, HIGH);
//digitalWrite(tgr4, HIGH);
for(int c=0;c<hold;c++){ //speedhold
Cyclotron(r,0,0,luz,1+Speed);}

}

void Cyclotron(byte red, byte green, byte blue, int light, int Spd)
{
x=1;
y=0;
for (int i=0; i<pixels; i++)
{
for(int a=0;a<light;a++){
y=x+a;
strip.setPixelColor(i+a, strip.Color(red/y, green, blue));
if(i+a >= pixels)
strip.setPixelColor(luz-a-1, strip.Color(red/y, green, blue));
}
strip.show();
strip.setPixelColor(i, strip.Color(0, 0, 0));
delay(Spd);
}
}

void Cyclotron84(byte red, byte green, byte blue, int light, int Spd)
{
x=1;
y=0;
for (int i=0; i<pixels; i++)
{
for(int a=0;a<light;a++){
y=x+a;
strip.setPixelColor(i+a, strip.Color(red/y, green, blue));
if(i+a >= pixels)
strip.setPixelColor(luz-a-1, strip.Color(red/y, green, blue));
}
strip.show();
strip.setPixelColor(i, strip.Color(0, 0, 0));
delay(Spd);
}
}

There might be some code there that is for future releases. Any ways hope this helps.

normally on the datafruit card you name your WAV file in relation to the output of the PIN suddenly I put 1,2,3,4 or 5 you can show me how you named your sound file Please

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]