Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Sav C wrote: October 21st, 2021, 10:33 pm
tylergfoster wrote: October 21st, 2021, 8:33 pm I think you underestimate the value of the internet as a barometer for normal people (I mean, how many people's parents use facebook? I know mine both have one, and my aunt, and plenty of other people I knew from high school who seem completely detached from pop culture), but I still mostly agree with this.
It’s interesting to think about. Facebook has enough people that it should be able to be representative, but any one account is going to have a fairly siloed news feed, so it ends up being unrepresentative. If you looked at my Facebook news feed, you’d think we were living in a liberal utopia. I’m not friends with a single Trump supporter, and while I have a few people who are sceptical of vaccines, I hid their posts a long time ago. I realize that just because my newsfeed isn’t representative doesn’t mean everyone else is in the same boat, but I have a feeling that it’s too easy to select a certain social niche to fill your Facebook feed that it’s unlikely to reflect society accurately.

I think that Reddit, being much more of a public forum, lends itself well to being representative of the public, except for the fact that there aren’t many people on Reddit. Without that many people on Reddit (compared to Facebook), it becomes pretty one sided. Reddit’s still my favourite social media site, though.
I'd have to disagree, Reddit tends to become an echo chamber. While no where as bad as twitter, subreddits develop really out of touch oppinions. It can get to a point anyone who disagrees is "shouted down" or even banned from some subreddits.
Kingpin liked this
Bison256 wrote:
Sav C wrote: October 21st, 2021, 10:33 pm It’s interesting to think about. Facebook has enough people that it should be able to be representative, but any one account is going to have a fairly siloed news feed, so it ends up being unrepresentative. If you looked at my Facebook news feed, you’d think we were living in a liberal utopia. I’m not friends with a single Trump supporter, and while I have a few people who are sceptical of vaccines, I hid their posts a long time ago. I realize that just because my newsfeed isn’t representative doesn’t mean everyone else is in the same boat, but I have a feeling that it’s too easy to select a certain social niche to fill your Facebook feed that it’s unlikely to reflect society accurately.

I think that Reddit, being much more of a public forum, lends itself well to being representative of the public, except for the fact that there aren’t many people on Reddit. Without that many people on Reddit (compared to Facebook), it becomes pretty one sided. Reddit’s still my favourite social media site, though.
I'd have to disagree, Reddit tends to become an echo chamber. While no where as bad as twitter, subreddits develop really out of touch oppinions. It can get to a point anyone who disagrees is "shouted down" or even banned from some subreddits.
Agreed. There is little room for dissent on Reddit, particularly in the political sphere.
JonXCTrack wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:05 am Woah.

So many questions. Will it be based off of the '84, '89 or Afterlife design? Will it come with a wand, or do you need to buy the Spengler wand? Does it have lights? Sound? Any other functions?
It looks like it's Afterlife styled. And if that's so will it have a GBI Accurate ribbon cable?!
Bison256 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 3:40 am
RichardLess wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:49 pm If anyone wants to get a read on how regular folk feel about this movie(and the new poster) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... afterlife/

It’s…not great. A lot of fair criticism on the idea of Baby Stay Puft and other issues. These aren’t huge Ghostbusters fans, mostly just regular people.
As others have said those aren't "ordinary people." It's mostly a bunch of angsty, snooty gen z. I saw a bunch of them praising the last jedi in a post unrelated to star wars. Safe to say they're not a good barometer.
They are regular people in that they are movie fans who aren’t going to love something Ghostbusters just because it’s Ghostbusters. These are the kinds of people Sony needs to reach for this movie to be a success.

Your opinion of their attitude or praising a movie you didn’t like doesn’t take away from the fact that Reddit is a widely used internet site that attracts a broad spectrum of people. /movie is probably the best temperature gage you can get without funding a specific poll.

/movies is an excellent barometer as far as forecasting goes. If you don’t think the first place studios go to gage how a trailer is being viewed is comments on Reddit, you’re wrong.

There are 3 places that you can use to gage interest on the internet. Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.

So when I say “regular people”, that’s what I mean. You may not like their attitude but it is what it is.
tylergfoster liked this
New clip from the movie:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on October 22nd, 2021, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
gbraider82, mrmichaelt, ihsanamin and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:10 am We sure it's a pack announcement for sure??? Hmmmm....
It's a coy announcement with the very conveniently placed sign as part of a skit after Jason Reitman introduces a clip of Phoebe firing up the pack.
Last edited by groschopf on October 22nd, 2021, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton liked this
deadderek wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am New clip from the movie:
JonXCTrack wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:45 am
deadderek wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:18 am New clip from the movie:
Did we ever see it
?
robbritton wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:52 am
JonXCTrack wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:45 am
Did we ever see it
?
Just the very first scene of them switching it on in the Sedgewick elevator in GB1. That's why Jason had them install a switch so it made more sense.
Corey91 wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:57 am
robbritton wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 11:52 am

Did we ever see it
?
Just the very first scene of them switching it on in the Sedgewick elevator in GB1. That's why Jason had them install a switch so it made more sense.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear there - I just meant
The franchise I'm in just received a total of 700 posters to giveaway which we'll be handing out at the premier!!!

zeta otaku, Sav C, robbritton and 2 others liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]