Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: October 19th, 2021, 1:48 am Has anyone asked Eric about any fast food tie in's for the states yet? I would assume that were getting little Ceasers promotions but i'm more interested in knowing if Mcdonald's or Burger King are going to getting exclusive merch. Any word on when they will start airing TV ads? That stuff should already be happening.
If there haven't been fast food tie ins at this point we likely aren't getting them sadly.

Also the Little Caesars promo is reportedly exclusive to Mexico.
groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 7:20 pm I suspect that's
This Post Contains Spoilers
I can see where you're coming from, but
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:49 pm Soundtrack, Score, and Novelization announcements soon please Sony!!!!
Are motion picture novelisations still a common thing these days? The last one I remembered with any certainty was the paperback for The Day After Tomorrow.
timeware wrote: October 19th, 2021, 1:48 ami'm more interested in knowing if Mcdonald's or Burger King are going to getting exclusive merch.
I'm not sure if we'll get any burger joint merchandise, given the general effort these days to dissuade having tie-in toys with fast food meals... :(
groschopf liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:36 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:06 am Personally, I think it's the best poster they've put out so far. :whatever:
Two votes!
RichardLess wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:13 am Hmm. Just curious. What is it about that poster that makes it a nice throw back? It’s cool you dig it but…what is it a throwback to?
The style some posters used in the '70s and '80s (including homage to Struzan). It doesn't have the illustrated aesthetic that would have drive that home, but it uses characters in differing proportions the way some of these examples do. The highest billed actor is the largest character in composition, a vignette of a setpiece is shown, and a little bit of kinetic imagery from an action scene is thrown in for good measure.

Going with just logo as the advertising worked brilliantly in '84 when no one knew what it signified, and it couldn't be confused with marketing for any other of the Ghostbusters films now. But in 2021? They not only have to communicate that this is a new film, they also have to underscore it's ties to the original films. They can do it more efficiently, but probably not without giving away more spoilers.

Something else to consider; a pyramid will be a dominant shape we see in the film signifying Gozer, while an inverted pyramid signifies the energy pulling entities into the ghost trap. It's a nice play using that inverted pyramid to connotate the opposite of the (presumed) big bad of the film while pulling all of that busyness down toward the bottom of the poster. That draws the eye to the title in a calming part of the composition that still has time to be playful with the Mini Pufts working the trap.

Needless to say, I'm in to it :)

[edited to reduce the size of the images]
If you aren’t going to do the illustration part of the Struzan style…nothing else matters. That is the crux of the entire aesthetic. It’s the ingredient that makes all the other ingredients work. Take it away and you get…well you get that poster. Obviously I’m in the minority of not liking it, but if you add that illustrated touch to this poster? It brings it life. It takes the awkwardness of the disparate photoshopped heads and would make them feel of one piece. Of a whole.

I’m glad so many people seem to dig it tho. I will say I do find Paul Rudd’s stoic hero stare pretty funny given the nature what we’ve seen of his character thus far.

But so far with a lot of the marketing I feel like Janosz
“Everything your doing is bad. I want you to know this”
Davideverona wrote: October 19th, 2021, 4:37 am It's like a rainstorm.

You heard the rumblings..... And all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and you're soaked.

We're in the middle of the last and definitive lead up to Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'll miss this sensation.
Davideverona wrote: October 19th, 2021, 4:37 am It's like a rainstorm.

You heard the rumblings..... And all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and you're soaked.

We're in the middle of the last and definitive lead up to Ghostbusters Afterlife. I'll miss this sensation.
I lied when I said I would be gone from this thread but I am definitely being safe about what I read here. Thank you to those who call me out on it.

Anyways it may not be 100% the same as this movie but there will be sequels for us to bring that hype and anticipation up again. As a hardcore comic book fan every single time I think Marvel can’t keep the hype going they find a way. Especially after Endgame!

So if they handle this franchise right I think we are in stores for more hype to come. Maybe Jason Reitman can be the Kevin Feige of GB world
lozbloke wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:05 am
Christian Hodkinson wrote: October 19th, 2021, 5:43 am Some new stuff in this German trailer/spot
https://youtu.be/V-1BP_FNK7U
Substantial spoilers in that link, just to warn y'all!

But a great heads up!
How spoilery? Should I avoid? God this is so difficult…
jonogunn wrote:
A new ghost appears for the first time and another shot of ____ who appeared in the newest trailer.
groschopf liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:18 am
jonogunn wrote:
A new ghost appears for the first time and another shot of ____ who appeared in the newest trailer.
lozbloke, groschopf liked this
Christian Hodkinson wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:37 am
mrmichaelt wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:18 am
Agreed. I think that alludes to what Kingpin pointed out behind the tarpaulin in the mine as
SpaceBallz wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:33 am Well, so much for hoping they'd release the PKE meter!

Yep, i guess for now we won't see a Plasma Series Ecto-1, PKE Meter/Taser, Polaroid Goggles or RTV. I've always thought the Ecto might be a stretch, but i really figured there would be a prop replica revealed from something we've already seen in the trailers.
SpaceBallz wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:33 am Well, so much for hoping they'd release the PKE meter!

INB4 they show the full movie again, mark my words!
Major Spoilers posted by Nerdist, and subsequently on Yahoo!

Read at your own risk!
Also - YES!!!!!
Last edited by ZedR on October 19th, 2021, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin wrote: October 19th, 2021, 3:28 am I can see where you're coming from, but
You know what? That's a great point. And it would be unlike them to print something in English on a Gozerian-type temple, wouldn't it?
Kingpin liked this
ZedR wrote:Major Spoilers posted by Nerdist, and subsequently on Yahoo!

Read at your own risk!
Also - YES!!!!!
pizzarat liked this
RichardLess wrote: October 19th, 2021, 3:49 am If you aren’t going to do the illustration part of the Struzan style…nothing else matters. That is the crux of the entire aesthetic. It’s the ingredient that makes all the other ingredients work. Take it away and you get…well you get that poster. Obviously I’m in the minority of not liking it, but if you add that illustrated touch to this poster? It brings it life. It takes the awkwardness of the disparate photoshopped heads and would make them feel of one piece. Of a whole.
I can see your point of view on that. And if it's not to your liking, and I'm definitely not going to police that.

Working as a designer myself, I see it more from the point of view of using a visual language someone else established without stealing their voice. Had they gone with the full illustration style, they'd just be ripping off Struzan instead of trying to evoke memories of an era. It's a tricky needle to thread. That said, I totally get why it won't be to everyone's liking and respect your point of view :)
Christian Hodkinson wrote: October 19th, 2021, 5:43 am Some new stuff in this German trailer/spot
HOLY TOLEDO
lozbloke wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:05 am Substantial spoilers in that link, just to warn y'all!
Indeed. Indubitably. Wow.
I am hopeful that they just mean they can't show anything else until the movie comes out. Some of the other toys might be too spoilery.

But I can only speculate (and probably hope just a wee bit too much).
Kingpin, robbritton liked this
As Egon says, “The proton pack is not a toy.”
So….. Would other Plasma Prop Replicas not necessary I’ll count as “toys” therefore they would have a reveal at this event??
Still not likely but in a perfect world that’s how I would mislead for a surprise announcement!
I don't know if this has been mentioned. The Hasbro show should be the perfect opportunity for them to reveal a remote control trap replica. I would imagine the new clip being focused around that if this ends up being the case. The last two trailers had focused on it so would it surprise anyone?
groschopf liked this
ZedR wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:34 amMajor Spoilers posted by Nerdist, and subsequently on Yahoo!

Read at your own risk!

I don't know why, but... of all of the spoilers we've seen recently, this is where I'm drawing the line.

The title of the article alone tells me this will finally be more than I want to know before seeing the film.
ZedR, Kingpin, starang11 and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: October 19th, 2021, 11:33 am
Do we have a German speaker amongst us? Mein deutsche ist nicht sehr gut.

Is Podcast saying "kann es öffnen*?"
(*can it open?)

Is Grooberson saying "Ich glaube wir öffnen das Tore zu Hölle*""
(*I think we're opening the gates to hell)
Grooberson: Das Ding ist echt.
"This thing is real"

Phoebe: Wollen wir sie öffnen?
"Shall we open it?"

Phoebe: Was haben wir da freigelassen?
"What did we release there?"

Grooberson: Ich glaube wir öffnen das Tor zur Hölle!
"I think we are opening the gates to hell!"

So you are basically absolute correct. Except for the Podcast Phoebe switch up.
groschopf liked this
I think that
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]