Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:35 am Going for a drive in the country. It does appear that the chase goes for longer than just in town.

source

That RTV trap must not have been quick enough. ROAD TRIP!
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 3:16 pm If we know which has the striped radon facing which way, is it then easier to identify the repurposed Ecto-1A?
I wasn’t sure if that had been settled yet.
The jury's still out.

One car has 1A's front fender, but the other has a notable gap at the top of the windshield - something that may line up with a bit of speculation I saw, that 1A was fitted with a non '59 Cadillac's windshield, which was shorter in height, resulting in a gap.

Part of me's starting to wonder if 1A's fender was put on the other car they bought.
SpaceBallz wrote: September 30th, 2021, 3:24 pm
groschopf wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:35 am Going for a drive in the country. It does appear that the chase goes for longer than just in town.

source

I know I complain a lot and that tends to annoy some people but…

I’m not totally digging those proton streams. There’s too much of the blue lightning effect. Am I wrong? It just doesn’t seem right. It’s not like I hate them or anything it’s just…I wish they were a bit better. The orange part seems a bit too thin and it doesn’t have that rubberized light look from the originals.

I know the effect changed not only from GB1 to GB2 but in GB1 it actually seemed to change from scene to scene. But they looked their best in the climax while shooting at Mr. Stay Puft and then crossing the streams. Also that “Aim for the flat top!” Shot.

So far every beam we’ve seen has way too much of the “blue” electricity looking arcs. They look ok. But I feel like they should and could’ve been much better. Hoping the final film gives us a better looking beam.
I'm not a Funko collector but I plan on grabbing one of the Afterlife ones from Baskin-Robbins:

SpaceBallz liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:25 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: September 30th, 2021, 3:24 pm

I know I complain a lot and that tends to annoy some people but…

I’m not totally digging those proton streams. There’s too much of the blue lightning effect. Am I wrong? It just doesn’t seem right. It’s not like I hate them or anything it’s just…I wish they were a bit better. The orange part seems a bit too thin and it doesn’t have that rubberized light look from the originals.

I know the effect changed not only from GB1 to GB2 but in GB1 it actually seemed to change from scene to scene. But they looked their best in the climax while shooting at Mr. Stay Puft and then crossing the streams. Also that “Aim for the flat top!” Shot.

So far every beam we’ve seen has way too much of the “blue” electricity looking arcs. They look ok. But I feel like they should and could’ve been much better. Hoping the final film gives us a better looking beam.
I did notice that the "Spengler Pack" had beams that looked a little different than the ones from the other movies (purple hue, more jagged looking) and I just boiled it down to the alterations made to the pack in the movie. Even the toys have the purple hue proton stream on the younger characters but the original proton streams for the OGs. I think it's a conscious decision made by the production for reasons we'll see in the film.
deadderek, Alphagaia, Jimsy33 and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: September 30th, 2021, 8:30 pm
deadderek wrote: September 30th, 2021, 7:36 pm I'm not a Funko collector but I plan on grabbing one of the Afterlife ones from Baskin-Robbins:
Is it for sale already?
Apparently in Canada yes. Unknown about 🇺🇸. I'll be hitting my local Baskin-Robbins tomorrow to inquire.
mrmichaelt liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 30th, 2021, 6:25 pm I know I complain a lot and that tends to annoy some people but…

I think it looks good, but I agree that there's room to make it look ore like the original ones. Although as someone on Reddit pointed out, we've never seen the proton stream outside in the daylight, so maybe it looks different depending on the setting and time of day. (Citation)
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 1st, 2021, 2:03 am
Ecto24601 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 1:41 am Ivan talking about CERTAIN PEOPLE from the world of the '84 movie showing up on set on the same page that has TWO photos with Rick Moranis can't be coincidence, or...
Are you referring to something from the EMPIRE issue? Neat, was it bts photos from GB1 and/or GB2?
Yes, that's from the EMPIRE interview. The photos are one BTS/on set from GB1 with Dan, Ivan and Rick and the first Louis/Slimer encounter screenshot from GB2.
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
Ecto24601 wrote: October 1st, 2021, 1:41 am Ivan talking about CERTAIN PEOPLE from the world of the '84 movie showing up on set on the same page that has TWO photos with Rick Moranis can't be coincidence, or...
I just figured they were interviewed separately and Ivan was being tight-lipped about the OGBs involvement while Jason was much more laissez faire. Hollywood business mindset vs. Instagram mindset, y'know? Jason knows that cat is out of the bag, so just lent into it.
Sav C liked this
Just my two cents on the proton streams. We've never seen a movie proton stream in broad daylight. Only outdoors at night, and indoors. I think that they did a great job at understanding what sunlight would do to the streams and correcting the color to make it a little lighter in that setting.

I also think that you'll probably see a color that's closer to the original films when they're fired indoors or at night.
Sav C liked this
I know we have some time until the release, but I wonder why it has been difficult to buy any of the new posters that were released last week. Wouldn't it make sense to have some already produced? It's not like they haven't had time to decide what it look liked and make some, I think anyway.
A bunch of new merchandise has hit the official Ghostbusters shop, but this is my favorite:

Alphagaia, Kingpin, Prime 1986 and 2 others liked this

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]