Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
TheLegendOfMart wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:13 am
mrmichaelt wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:08 am It's why I have high hopes for this year's Pulse Con. They gotta have plans to make a Plasma Series R.T.V., Ecto-Goggles, and P.K.E. Meter. The Spengler Wand can't be just a one-in-done idea. I don't want to be greedy but I really want all 3 to be happening. They'd be so amazing!
They probably have had plans for the past year but covid messed everything up and delayed the movie. They probably have a ton of stuff ready to go that they can't share yet until people have seen it.
Yeah, really looking forward to those reveels, especially the remote control trap. I am so gonna buy two and have some kind of race with my kid. Whoever gets to slimer first wins!
Bison256 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 6:40 am I was just re watching the second trailer for millionth time. I notice something, why is there a blank 2018 tax document open in the back ground of the desktop of Grooberson's laptop when the kids watch the "we're ready to believe you clip?"
Looks like Adam Savage is going to have a cameo in the “Savage Science” video. Awesome

See I hate to rag on Sony( that’s a lie. I don’t hate it) but most other studios would probably have made some of these as actual legit YouTube videos as a marketing thing for fans. Like the Shandor conspiracy theory video. How hard would it be to make that? And how cool would it be as fans to discover? They know we go thru these things frame by frame.

These are the things that piss me off about Sony. This would require just a little bit of extra effort but no. No viral marketing campaign. Or how about doing something with the Ghostbusters phone number? Like they did in 1984. Give us an immersive fan experience. Something! Anything that goes beyond the bare minimum of effort Sony won’t do.

Or how about placing classified ads in major market newspapers for a “help wanted” thing with the ghostbusters logo on it? Maybe a special email address that you email and they reply with something cool. Mail out some swag.

Cool shit like that. It costs very little but just takes a little bit of extra effort and imagination. Nope.

Or ya know, releasing Extreme Ghostbusters on friggin DVD, a format that’s 2 generations old! (I know, I know. They are releasing it on YouTube. And then they stopped for a few months. And now they are starting back up again. Again, the bare minimum)

Look how they treated Ghostbusters 2 on home video. How long did we beg for special features? Commentaries? Deleted scenes? Then they finally release a blu ray…no commentary. But don’t worry! Here comes a double dip steel book with a commentary track recorded so long after the fact they’ve forgotten some of the details.

I will give them this. The makers of that steel book reached out to the guy who runs Spook Central, Paul, and asked him what fans wanted to see. When I heard that it kind of warmed my heart a bit. But I don’t think they were from Sony. *I think* he said they were a 3rd party production facility that does the blu rays for them. And unfortunately they didnt include everything he asked for. Because things have been misplaced or lost.

See. Once I get going I just can’t stop. It’s just so frustrating how incompetent Sony is. The Ghostbusters 2 thing is especially egregious. When I think of some of the movies that have received DVD’s loaded with special features, B movies barely anyone remembers or cult classics that have barely made a profit. When they finally decide to record a commentary we’ve lost Harold. I mean I love Dan, I do. But that first Ghostbusters commentary is one of the best ever. And Harold is a big reason why. The GB2 commentary with Ivan, Dan &… the other guy(joking we love you Joe), it’s kinda stale.

But I digress.

What was I saying? Oh yeah. Adam Savage cameo. Should be cool.

Oh and while I’m at it, my Sony 4K player sucks too! I hate the damn thing.

*Richardless Mumbles to himself as he walks away*

“…damn Sony”

*Shakes fist at Sony*
RichardLess wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:12 amThat’s not the kind of 2nd weekend I wanted to see from a 75 million opening.
It almost seems like the repeat-viewing market has dropped out due to (understandable) hesitancy. A lot of folks are able to build up enough willingness to see it once, but are then waiting for the home media release for those second, third and fourth viewings.

Then there's the unfortunate fact that Shang Chi isn't an Iron Man or a Captain America or an X-Men... Though I hope it proves popular enough in time, and manages to weather the current storm of China's disapproval.

It's good Free Guy has managed to buck the trend, no doubt thanks to Ryan Reynolds' universal recognition.

I'm tentatively down for a second viewing, assuming a couple of friends I used to go see films with before the pandemic are free in their schedules.
This film is ideal for viral marketing and alternate-reality content; a Summerville town webpage, Facebook profiles for Trevor and Phoebe, science videos on YouTube with Mr. Grooberson, or maybe an episode of Podcast's PODCAST? Instead we get a video of the cast more or less begging the public to see the film in theaters ('Moments Worth Paying For', seriously?).
BatDan, Alphagaia, deadderek and 3 others liked this
Demon Vice Commander wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:48 am This film is ideal for viral marketing and alternate-reality content; a Summerville town webpage, Facebook profiles for Trevor and Phoebe, science videos on YouTube with Mr. Grooberson, or maybe an episode of Podcast's PODCAST? Instead we get a video of the cast more or less begging the public to see the film in theaters ('Moments Worth Paying For', seriously?).
Thats a great point. A more “involved” online campaign would allow a consistent flow of hype for the movie while being spoiler free.

-Podcasts podcast can be before the events of the film
-Grooberson online classes can be “uploaded” before he meets the Spengler kids.

You can play with a pre-afterlife event world.

The Dark Knight hype comes to mind..how a new “Gotham Tonight with Mike Engel” would be released once a month leading to release. None of the news would reveal any plot details but rather just play within the world of the film.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Richardless makes a point. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy with the cereal and the marshmallows we got. By the way how are you guys saving the bags? But instead of just putting that quiz on the back they could have had a holographic t-shirt offer like they were doing in the eighties, or at the very least thrown in little mini puft cereal prizes.

Let's say the family size boxes would have a ghost trap then the regular boxes could have the mini-pufts. No color changing spoons? Fun shit like that would have gone a long way. Still time to change things up a bit!

Sav C wrote: September 12th, 2021, 11:30 am How have I never watched Ghostbusters with the commentary turned on?...

Starting tomorrow, we're going to have to show proof of covid immunization to get into non-essential businesses.
It's like watching it in a loud cinema, but with the chatter actually being super interesting! Been a while, gonna listen to it while I work tomorrow!
Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 12th, 2021, 8:12 am Don't you wish you could just close a comment, just like on Reddit?

I like your long ramblings, well sometimes, but have mercy for my poor, poor finger when I have to scroll past them multiple times before we finally get a new page.

Perhaps I should just get a wider screen.
Geez Alpha, tell me how you really feel. Nothing like a backhanded compliment to make someone feel self conscious about what they say and do on here. Thanks?

I come here to express myself freely. And I like that you can’t close comments like on Reddit. It’s more welcoming & open. I duno. That’s just me.

I know I post long comments but I didn’t realize it bothered anyone. Sorry folks.
Alphagaia, deadderek, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Don't take my slight stab too serious, Richard. It was meant to make a little fun of your often long posts.

I envision you as a person that loves to talk, but it's often with passion and humor. Carry on, finger be damned!
Bison256 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 1:04 pm And it's nice to hear Harold talk about the movie.
I'm actually looking forward to hear him talk passionate about GB. There might be tears, though.

Rest In peace, you great man.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 12th, 2021, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
https://apnews.com/article/entertainmen ... _medium=AP

"NEW YORK (AP) — “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” stayed on top at the box office, collecting $35.8 million in ticket sales in its second weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday."

Nice. Makes me even more hopeful about the future box office in a couple more months.
WorldofthePsychic liked this
Dondraper85 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 1:20 pm Who is the person in the picture grab, " where are the ghostbusters now" is it out first glimpse of Murray?
And here's the "now" photos of "Stantz" and "Venkman".

Bison256 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 6:40 am I was just re watching the second trailer for millionth time. I notice something, why is there a blank 2018 tax document open in the back ground of the desktop of Grooberson's laptop when the kids watch the "we're ready to believe you clip?"
Maybe Phoebe was about to do her mom's 2019 filing but decided to Google Ghostbusters instead. lol.
Prime 1986 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 4:28 pm If you look at the bottom of the screen on Phoebe's laptop there is some files that say GEOSCAN, O-MAP, and Quad Map.
Also some programs are open what could they be?
Maybe this is after that scene of Grooberson showing Phoebe the big map of Oklahoma and explaining he's there to study the earthquakes in an area with no such history of earthquakes. And she decides to keep an eye on it too and study the area on her own.
Prime 1986 liked this
I've mostly spent the time upgrading pieces of my costume, although I did buy the Kenner classics line out of pure nostalgia as well as the re-released GB1 and 2 novelisations, Haynes Ectomobile owners manual and Tobins sprit guide which I've slowly been reading through.
I also started to curate the Ghostbusters reference library during lockdown, So GB wise I've kept myself fairly busy.

Not that any of that has made the wait easier.
I'm champing at the bit here, to finally see the movie.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]