Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I SAW IT!!! WITH MY VERY OWN EYES!!! IT'S EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR!!!

Logan Kim steals every scene he's in, McKenna Grace is wonderful. It's funny, it's heartfelt, it's pure Ghostbusters in the best sense!!!

All this wait...was TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!! Jason Reitman deserves lots and lots of our gratitude!!

And...I can't be spoilered again!! YEEEEEEESSSS!!!!
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
Saw it this morning. Yeah, the nostalgia is laid on a little thick and it's a bit short on exposition in spots, but McKenna Grace is incredible and I cried like a child throughout. The kids in particular are going to love this one.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
I think people post negative reviews for clickbait. They get a lot more attention than positive ones.

I just hope the general public will ignore them and go see the movie based on positive reviews from friends. We do need the general public to go see the movie as fans alone will not be enough to make it successful.
what
Touching on the the complaint of being too nostalgic this can be down to individual tastes. Of course how a movie is edited determines a lot and it can be a fine line between the right amount of nostalgia and too much for most viewers.

I know coming out of the theaters after seeing GB2 I was very disappointed as for me it felt too similar to GB84. Watching it again recently I did not have that same feeling.

I unfortunately will not get to see the movie until Sunday so I will be avoiding the other thread until then.
deadderek liked this
I've edited some posts to add spoiler tags where appropriate.

C'mon, people, it's not that hard.
Code: Select all
[spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father Anakin[/spoiler]
This Post Contains Spoilers
See?

Edit: EEp...shows what I get for just clicking "New Posts"... :blush:
Literally just seen the movie and you know what....?

I just dunno how I feel about it.

I didn't get the same feeling as I do from 1 & 2.

The humour isn't GB style. It wasn't particularly funny, except what was said by the original members. But most of what they said were original lines. I think Rudd carried most of the other humour also.

The kid actors were good don't get me wrong, but there was far too much time spent on their character building. It's definitely a slow burner. It was more like a kids adventure/discovery movie with ghosts.

The ending was a nice nod to Harold but there should have been more of the original cast, including the non GB members. I mean that's what all of us are going there for.

The Ecto 1 corn field jump was a bit silly it didn't look right or real. I know it's a nod to the Real Ghostbusters but still....

The terrors dogs looked great, as was their animation. Noticed certain parts from the trailers weren't in the movie though.

My advice is do what you were gonna do anyway.... go see the movie, everyone's opinion is different.
deadderek wrote: November 18th, 2021, 11:40 am Per Variety: "So it’s helpful that “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” which cost $75 million to produce, has generated positive reviews. Variety’s chief film critic Peter Debruge says the younger Reitman gives the series “a fresh jolt of energy.”
Link? Is this a new one posted today or a past article?
Ok so i just got back. And id say the movie was fun. I am glad i saw it, and that's all that matters really.

Early on i was abit confused by what all the fuss was about when it came to nostalgia. But i do admit it got abit heavy-handed by the end.

My theater wasn't particularly packed, but i hope the film does well. It does deserve to do well.
Last edited by K_Centric0001 on November 18th, 2021, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
After Dondraper dropped spoilers I downed some cold medicine, got on public transport to the cinema, was involved in an RTA, got off public transport and walked back home, got in my car and drove to the cinema, managed to cut my finger on a bottle, but grabbed some photos with the local ghostbusters who were suited and booted for opening night, and just got back from seeing it.

Pains me to say it but I agree with Don - I did not like the movie.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on November 18th, 2021, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:28 pm After Dondraper dropped spoilers I downed some cold medicine, got on public transport to the cinema, was involved in an RTA, got off public transport and walked back home, got in my car and drove to the cinema, managed to cut my finger on a bottle, but grabbed some photos with the local ghostbusters who were suited and booted for opening night, and just got back from seeing it.
Yeesh man, are you okay?

Most of the quarantined posts have been restored now, thanks for baring with us.

I've seen the film. I enjoyed it. Will be looking forward to getting stuck in with everyone else when the talkback thread opens. :)
Corey91 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:45 pm Didn't the mods say no reviews until the review thread or did I dream that?
Yeah and it's kinda pissing me off. I'll be posting my reactions shortly since everyone else is then.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]